1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Zombie Apocalypse Show isn't Real Enough (The Walking Dead on AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by sockmonkey, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Oct 11, 2015 at 8:18 PM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    Homes starting at $800k??? Ain't none of them houses in Alexandria worth $800k!!

Other than that - good show. A little slower than I hoped. Didn't love the black and white. Made it hard to really appreciate the hoard in the canyon. I also didn't like that some of the previews showed scenes in color that were actually black and white in the episode. They just played better in color...

I think it was the wolf group. Sabotaging this plan. I was thinking the whole time, if this Wolf group is out there they've got to hear this happening and come in to play at some point, right?

300AACTaco likes this.
  2. Oct 11, 2015 at 8:21 PM
    easyrider

easyrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    At least Glenn didn't eat it on this episode. I figured this would be his last.

3. Oct 11, 2015 at 8:27 PM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    I think the horn is either from the wolves or the son of the dad that Rick shot.

4. Oct 11, 2015 at 8:34 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    I agree, the wolves or Ron.

5. Oct 11, 2015 at 8:35 PM
    easyrider

Member:
    Did anyone watch "Talking Dead"? On the sneak preview they showed that girl climbing into a car on the highway and fingering "JSS" on the window.. What the heck is that all about??

6. Oct 11, 2015 at 8:40 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    I didn't watch that but on the post show preview for next week they showed her in a car kind of bloody. So, she could've been on the horn trying to signal for help?

7. Oct 11, 2015 at 8:43 PM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    No way. That was an air horn. Sounded like a boat horn. Not from a car

8. Oct 11, 2015 at 8:43 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Random thought that hit me when Rusty (aka Carter.) got bit in the face...

If everyone is already infected. You die, you become a zombie. Why does a bite make you a zombie? If it's a bite that kills you, ok now you die so you become a zombie because you are infected. But if you are already infected and you take a non fatal bite, what's the big deal? It's not like they are now infecting you...

Maybe it's just zombie folk lore and the answer is "because" and that's ok...

Another side note. In this zombie world, do scratches also turn you?

9. Oct 11, 2015 at 8:43 PM
    easyrider

Member:
    On the preview it showed her walking up to a car and killing a walker that was half in/half out of the car. then pulling it out and closing the door. Then writing JSS on the window. Who knows she could have been riding the horn in another vehicle. ARGH.. guess we find out on next show.

10. Oct 11, 2015 at 8:46 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Which is appropriately titled "JSS"...

11. Oct 11, 2015 at 8:49 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Infection which leads to death. That's why they cut Hershel's leg off. They cut it above the bite so that infection couldn't spread.

12. Oct 11, 2015 at 8:58 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    for him i'd say bleeding out, he needed to STFU, and the bite would cause an infection that would kill you. think of all the nasty shit that would be growing inside of a walker's mouth.

13. Oct 11, 2015 at 9:00 PM
    easyrider

Member:
    and now we know....

14. Oct 11, 2015 at 9:13 PM
    Chopper678

Chopper678 Professional Threadjacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 SR5 PreRunner V6 DCSB
    5100s@0.85"+Eibachs, Toytec 2" AAL, Weathertech floor liners, WO seat covers, UltraGauge, ammo box mod
    It could just be a more aggressive type of the infection that everyone already has. Considering how broad biology is, there are lots of possibilities I guess. I've pondered this myself. We're probably giving it more thought than the writers do :rolleyes:

ThunderCookies likes this.
  15. Oct 11, 2015 at 11:01 PM
    Buyashotgun

Buyashotgun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    I agree it was either Ron or the wolves.

16. Oct 12, 2015 at 12:21 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Awesome episode

My take is the horn is Alexandria trying to call the group back home because the Wolves are attacking the town

17. Oct 12, 2015 at 1:33 AM
    300AACTaco

300AACTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Black '15 DCSB TRD Off Road 4x4
    ARB Old Man Emu 90000s and 60091s OME 886s, Trim Packer, Icon Tubular Uniball UCAs, CMC, Invisible Sway Bar, Dakar Rear Leaf Packs, Timbren Rear Bumpstops, All Pro U-bolt flip up kit, Method Race Wheels NV 16X8 4.5BS, Cooper ST Maxx LT285/75/16, DEPO Black Tail Lights, Weathertech Floormats, Cascadia Vehicle Tents Mt. Shasta in Earth Tone Green, Custom Green Tree Fabrication Bed Rack, N-Fab Spare Tire Bed Mount
    That definitely seems like that's what's going on. In the previews for the next episode everyone is hiding inside of the homes, I doubt they'd be doing that if it were walkers, I'm sure they would have simply fled the town. But if the wolves got those that were still in the town then it would be very plausible that those in Alexandria were trying to signal for help because of the wolves attacking them. The group typically always takes zombies head on, people not so much, I bet that's why it showed them hiding in the homes. They must have been pretty desperate for help though if they sounded that horn. Just my .02

18. Oct 12, 2015 at 2:47 AM
    Naholo808

Naholo808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    9th Island (Las Vegas)
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner Off-Road
    2020 Toyota 4Runner Off-Road 3inch lift 33s Ko2s Matte black SCS SR8 2013 Tacoma TRD Sport 2wd - Traded In.

Nice theory..

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  19. Oct 12, 2015 at 3:18 AM
    SH7mi

SH7mi YotaWerx Pro Tune PA MD DE NJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    West Grove, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma DCLB OR Black YotaWerx Tune
    AE manifold spacer Bed lights Seat Jackers Blackvue Dashcam YotaWerx Tuned Fumoto Oil Pan Valve
    If that is true I would wonder why Carol (or someone in Alexandria) did not have a radio to stay in contact with the road crew.

20. Oct 12, 2015 at 3:20 AM
    Naholo808

Naholo808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    9th Island (Las Vegas)
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner Off-Road
    2020 Toyota 4Runner Off-Road 3inch lift 33s Ko2s Matte black SCS SR8 2013 Tacoma TRD Sport 2wd - Traded In.

Caught by surprise?

Products Discussed in

To Top