1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Zombie Apocalypse Show isn't Real Enough (The Walking Dead on AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by sockmonkey, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Nov 1, 2016 at 9:44 AM
    Taco Addiction

Taco Addiction We found Jimmy

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black TRD Offroad
    Kings, SCS Wheels and other mall crawling crap
    Agreed. Love the show but there are pockets of excitement and long sprawls of shit episodes (like the Kingdom last Sunday). Yes I know they springboard into something else but damn...does it have to be so dull?

And what the fuck is up with Carol? She used to be my favorite character as she changed the way a normal person would change (i.e. get darker) in this shit world. It's like the writers don't know what to do with her.

She's next to go I think. Unfortunately.

2. Nov 1, 2016 at 9:45 AM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    The episode when they got captured by the terminus folk was titled 'A' if that means anything...

3. Nov 1, 2016 at 9:51 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    Per a quick google - the A was originally on the cattle car in Terminus and later the same group painted it on the side of the church to remind Rick's group that they were just cattle ready for slaughter...

Per the same googleing - this is a nod at The Scarlet Letter but for TWD the A was for Alexandria as Sam was 'accepting' them in to the community

Sounds like it is just an Easter Egg that they keep referencing with no real significance :notsure:

wilcam47 likes this.
  4. Nov 1, 2016 at 11:17 AM
    Shelf Life

Shelf Life Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 ACC CAB 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    I'm still wondering about the side effects of pure walker fed pork.

wilcam47 and The_Hodge like this.
  5. Nov 1, 2016 at 1:37 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    Hey man, bacon is bacon.

6. Nov 1, 2016 at 2:02 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Nobody died/turned from eating Bob

7. Nov 1, 2016 at 2:19 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    In the preview for next week , did it seem to anybody else like that walker on the spear that Dwight is watching was dying or running out if energy or something like that ?

8. Nov 1, 2016 at 2:28 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    they all died before they'd have a chance to die from any infection

wilcam47 likes this.
  9. Nov 1, 2016 at 2:31 PM
    CountryDan

CountryDan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Calhoun GA
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD PRO DCSB 6 spd
    a lot of bad ass stuff
    I'm thinking feeding the pigs, walkers is going to taint the meat. Maybe? you know the old saying, you are what you eat.
    Not until they got the red handled machete, lol

10. Nov 1, 2016 at 2:34 PM
    CountryDan

CountryDan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Calhoun GA
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD PRO DCSB 6 spd
    a lot of bad ass stuff
    Ive been saying, if I was forced to grow a garden to feed the Saviors, that I would have everyone in my community crap in a bucket and use that to fertilize a special garden for the saviors, and hope ecoli kills them off.
    just a thought.

11. Nov 1, 2016 at 2:40 PM
    SH7mi

SH7mi YotaWerx Pro Tune PA MD DE NJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    West Grove, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma DCLB OR Black YotaWerx Tune
    AE manifold spacer Bed lights Seat Jackers Blackvue Dashcam YotaWerx Tuned Fumoto Oil Pan Valve
    The show does not seem to do things coincidently, I'm probably reading into it too much. You're probably correct regarding the 'easter egg'.

12. Nov 1, 2016 at 3:40 PM
    Shelf Life

Shelf Life Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 ACC CAB 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD

[​IMG]

13. Nov 1, 2016 at 4:20 PM
    Toy4me

Toy4me Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    NNJ
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport MGM
    My guess is that feeding the pigs walkers is doing nothing to taint the meat and sicken the Saviors. That didn't seem like it was the first time they did it, and I'd also guess that if the Saviors had a big meal of pork and then got sick they'd suspect something.

14. Nov 1, 2016 at 4:25 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I think it's just a slap in the face that the kingdom people think is funny just like the idea of growing a garden in poo...

No one has died in this show universe from "tainted meat" so I doubt it will play any significance. Bob was bit and the cannibals ate him, didn't die. Nick in Fear ate off a dead dog carcass that had just been picked clean by a herd of walkers and he didn't die.

You also don't eat the intestines/stomach contents of animals so really nothing to worry about. I know it's post apocalypse here but I'm sure they clean it a bit and cook it before they eat anyway...

15. Nov 1, 2016 at 7:47 PM
    cruxofthebisquit

cruxofthebisquit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Orange Texas
    Vehicle:
    2000 TRD
    OME and worth every penny.
    China has used human waste as fertilizer forever, you get used to it.
    And as far as being dull at times, at least they're not showing them fishing all the time, which is what I would be doing.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  16. Nov 6, 2016 at 6:09 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    Seriously hating that Dwight guy, he's now wearing Daryl's cloths.

17. Nov 6, 2016 at 6:12 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    He's had Daryl's vest since last season I believe.

cruxofthebisquit likes this.
  18. Nov 6, 2016 at 6:15 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    Either way, hate him more than Negan, personally.

SpruceTaco[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Nov 6, 2016 at 6:17 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Looks the another boring episode.

Sig45, Shelf Life and Aussiek2000 like this.
  20. Nov 6, 2016 at 6:18 PM
    Aussiek2000

Aussiek2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Offroad AC
    They all are

Sig45 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top