1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Walking Dead Show vs. Comics (Heavy Spoilers likely)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ThunderCookies, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 23, 2015 at 11:14 AM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies [OP] This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    Let's use this thread to discuss the comic vs. show so nobody who watches the show gets mad when those of us with knowledge from the books spoil what may or may not happen on the show. I know some folks have already expressed some concern over that.

So with that - read on at your own discretion. If you are not caught up with the show don't read on. If you are caught up on the show but do not read the books then you should proceed with caution as the books are long past where the show is now. If you get spoiler, you can only blame yourself...

2. Nov 23, 2015 at 11:22 AM
    Buyashotgun

Buyashotgun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Ok I'll start. Negan is supposed to make his first appearance on the season finale. From the leaked videos on youtube, it shows him bashing someone's head with a bat. We don't know who Negan kills, I think it is either Glenn or Daryl.

3. Nov 23, 2015 at 11:25 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    Ok - So I started reading the books like 3 weeks ago (Thanks @SpruceTaco ). I have read through book 114. The next one up starts the 12-book 'All Out War' story line and I have purposefully stopped at that point. I originally did it because I had a feeling that is where the current season of the show was going to end. Now after watching the past couple episodes and how slow they have progressed I think they will end much sooner than that would occur.

I knew the wall was going to give in, that is such a pivotal moment in the books. I don't think it is going to play out the same though. They aren't going to retreat into the houses and then Rick try and make a run for it covered in guts. I do think Jesse/Ron/Sam are on the watchlist for most likely to die. Rick needs another 'tragedy' to happen to him. I suppose they could be saved though, and Judith die instead to create that moment for Rick.

It's tough to compare to the comics since Andrea is not present. She is so pivotal in the books right now. That's another reason why that Spencer scene with the rope was just dumb. Nobody was leaving, so why was he trying to go solo? Made no sense in that moment. I think Carol has most closely replaced Andrea in the show but I don't see a potential love interest for Rick out of it, which is more the reason that Jesse may survive the walker herd.

I'm thinking a more likely timeline vs. the comics at the point put the season ending with them only just meeting The Hilltop community. I would imagine Jesus arrives quickly in the 2nd half and they eventually let him lead them to his community, which could take the entire season (a la Terminus). Hopefully not though. That would put Negan finally in the picture at the end when he makes his grand entrance and take out Morgan/Daryl (since Glen is probably untouchable now after his magic dumpster trick).

Carl is getting too old though, he is probably too old already for Negan to like him. It will be interesting how they let that play out...

4. Nov 23, 2015 at 11:27 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I think it's more likely Morgan as he will 'sacrifice' himself for Glenn bc 'all life is precious' and he has screwed the group enough with his antics with the wolves. It makes sense since he dies in the comics (during the herd stuff going on now, which I don't think will be how he dies in the show) and with Glenn being miraculously saved I just don't think they will turn around and kill him off so soon. Glenn and Maggie will just go live at the hilltop and be gone for a while from the show

5. Nov 23, 2015 at 11:44 AM
    Buyashotgun

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    I think Enid will replace Sophia in the tv show and become Glenn and Maggie's child. Glenn acted sort of like a father trying to protect Enid and motivating her to go back home.

6. Nov 23, 2015 at 12:49 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I had the same feeling when he was 'lecturing' her on the side of the road and when her response was 'they always die' when she was upstairs in the house. So with that, Glenn(unless Negan does in fact let him meet Lucille)/Maggie/Enid will stay in the hilltop. Will be interesting to see that unfold with Glenn still alive if they choose to off someone else at the hands of Negan

7. Nov 23, 2015 at 1:57 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    Link to said video?
    No problem, glad to help you save money. I was thinking about buying the books like you but thought I'd search online & try to find them for free & found that site. Originally I was finding them on YouTube but it's hit or miss on there.

8. Nov 23, 2015 at 2:18 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    I wonder if Ron is gonna shoot Carl in the back of the head & Carl loses his eye like in the book (even though it wasnt Ron that did it in the book)or does Ron get taken out before he can shoot. If this next part follows the book Jessie & Ron won't be around much longer, don't know about Sam he wasn't in the book.
    I can't see them letting Glenn survive just to turn around & kill him but they do like to throw us curve balls to keep us guessing.

9. Nov 23, 2015 at 2:19 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I've looked for that video over and over. It has somehow been removed from all of the internet. I didn't even know that was possible.

youtube for the books? That's interesting. I love that site. It works a lot better on my PC but the mobile version is manageable. Just sometimes the buttons to move to the next page randomly get huge and get in the way and I have to refresh the page, and the ads get a bit annoying between books.

10. Nov 23, 2015 at 2:21 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Ron's gotta go. I think I talked myself into Jesse living since Rick needs a love interest and Carol ain't it. Maybe Rosita? She was the one teaching the people how to fight, which was Andrea in the book. She gonna need someone once Abe catches that arrow to the dome

11. Nov 23, 2015 at 2:22 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    That's the price for reading them free. Haha I guess nothing is free.
    I don't have any problems but maybe cuz I'm caught up & only read one at a time.

12. Nov 23, 2015 at 2:23 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I was wondering if they are done or not. It seemed like they were coming out quick at first and have slowed down recently. I am debating on reading them all or staying where I am pre-war with Negan until the show catches up.

13. Nov 23, 2015 at 2:28 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    But Rosita & Eugene get it on in the book.
    Now that you bring up Abe, IIRC the guy that took Daryl's bike was named Dwight & he also stole the crossbow. In the book it was Dwight that shot Abe in the back of the head with a crossbow. Which also makes me wonder when will Dwight get the side of his face burned.

14. Nov 23, 2015 at 2:31 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    If you are at 114 they're not done. I just read 148 2 weeks ago.
    Something happens in the book but I can't say anything cuz you're not there yet. Has to do with timeline.

15. Nov 23, 2015 at 2:58 PM
    Buyashotgun

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
  16. Nov 23, 2015 at 3:01 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Man that's like a video in a video in a video. Looks great though. He's going to knock that role out of the park

17. Nov 23, 2015 at 3:03 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Yeah that was Dwight. I'm thinking he's going to get his face burnt when he goes back to Negan post stealing the motorcycle. He will ask for forgiveness for stealing whatever they took (I think it was the insulin). So next time we see him he will have the scars, and the crossbow...

I know there is 148 so far, I just stopped at 114 to let the show catch up. Didn't know if 148 was the last or if they were still writing more weekly/monthly/quarterly/however often

18. Nov 23, 2015 at 3:16 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    In the book he got burned by Negan because Negan wanted his wife & he put up a fight.
    Oh ok yeah 148 is it for now they're released the 2nd Wednesday of each month so 149 should be released on the 9th & I would expect to see it on the site a couple days later.

19. Nov 23, 2015 at 3:31 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Yeah I've read through the stuff with how people end up burned by the iron. I'm just assuming they aren't going to have Negan owning women/having a bunch of wives in the show. They seem to stray from the more objective story lines from the book (i.e. rape, and most of the sex). I figured the people with scars would just be from doing something wrong and this is their punishment, which is why when they go back to ask for forgiveness he is going to get burned.

20. Nov 23, 2015 at 4:19 PM
    Buyashotgun

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    I think the video poster did that so YouTube wouldn't detect it and remove it. The cameraman probably got fired for filming behind the scenes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top