1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dick's Dank Yank Wank Tank

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by scocar, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Jan 11, 2016 at 9:45 PM
    scocar

scocar [OP] hypotenoper

Member:
    :rofl:
    i know what you just typed! It's going down in your permanent record!

MQQSE likes this.
  2. Jan 11, 2016 at 9:48 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    You mean you know i did a search for 'dick merit plug..err badge'

MQQSE likes this.
  3. Jan 11, 2016 at 9:50 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Hey fuck you guyz

Hockey game is over

Fallout 4 time

MQQSE likes this.
  4. Jan 11, 2016 at 9:55 PM
    scocar

scocar [OP] hypotenoper

Member:
    :drevil:

5. Jan 11, 2016 at 9:57 PM
    scocar

scocar [OP] hypotenoper

Member:
    Oh fuck.
    Captain's log, January 11, 2016, 21:56.
    Twenty-nine pages, but it's all going to shit now.

MQQSE and T4RFTMFW like this.
  6. Jan 11, 2016 at 9:58 PM
    scocar

scocar [OP] hypotenoper

Member:
    Don't let the Mexican bedbugs bite!

DoorDing and MQQSE like this.
  7. Jan 11, 2016 at 10:01 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    That would be inconsiderate towards Bennett's Build thread.

DoorDing likes this.
  8. Jan 11, 2016 at 10:48 PM
    scocar

scocar [OP] hypotenoper

Member:
    Jesus fuck, I'll have to delete this entire thing.

Fuck, I'll probably have to ban myself!

[​IMG]

DoorDing and MQQSE like this.
  9. Jan 14, 2016 at 1:40 PM
    scocar

scocar [OP] hypotenoper

Member:
    Camelback finally shipped my FJ emblem and Camry union for diff breather mod.

Their site is a bit annoying because they have a notice that says they only ship to billing addresses. But it is just up with a bunch of other claptrap that I didn't bother to read.

But when you fill out profile and order information, it provides separate fields for billing and shipping, if you want. Which I did. I usually have shipment come to my office for security.

I order at night on Monday.

Tuesday nearly 10 am, they send me a message, included several words in ALL CAPS, saying my order is on HOLD because they do NOT ship to NON BILLING ADDRESSES. And they will HOLD my order until I say it is OK to ship to my BILLLING ADDRESS, and if that is NOT OK, then they will REFUND my order.

I reply almost at 12:12 same day, yes, OK, fine ship to my billing address. But if a different address is not an option TAKE THOSE FUCKING FIELDS OFF YOUR WEBSITE. GOSH. Actually, I was more diplomatic than that. I don't want poop in my box.

Wednesday 5:30 pm, no response as of 29.5 hours later. Great. So I sent them a message saying, hello, did you get my message of approval? Twenty minutes later they said they did, and they would work on fixing the site.

Thursday, 1 pm, I finally get a tracking number.

So basically they've fucked around with my order for 2.5 days. Good thing I'm not prepping for a trip right now.

MQQSE and DoorDing like this.
  10. Jan 14, 2016 at 4:14 PM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    LoL :laugh:

11. Jan 14, 2016 at 4:30 PM
    scocar

scocar [OP] hypotenoper

Member:
    I shit you not, you would not believe the abject archaic and unclear lunacy of the forms that I have had to decipher and fill out for Paid Family Leave, a state paid benefit through disability. They take the simplest ideas and needs and turn them into baffling shitshows. At least the caseworker who called me didn't know what she was talking about and could barely speak English. Likewise with CEQA, the California Environmental Quality Act, the State version of NEPA. It is a good and needed concept, but so horribly written and implemented that all it does is pay for the mortgages of bureaucrats, attorneys, and consultants, and nothing ever gets done. Moonbeam is actually trying to get it overhauled and streamlined. He's much more pragmatic than outsiders may perceive (depending on the issues and values), he's fearless, because he has nothing to lose at his age, and he's pissing off everyone on both sides of the spectrum, so that indicates he's trying to be pragmatic rather than dogmatic.

Biscuits, VE7OSR and MQQSE like this.
  12. Jan 14, 2016 at 5:08 PM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    Want to comment, but don't know what to say any more. :frusty:

Guess that's why I'm hiding out on night shifts, keeping my head down, putting the boxes on the airplane, and going home.

Stuff gets stranger every day, what should be straight forward and simple gets complicated and mired in the muck. :(

Biscuits and DoorDing like this.
  13. Jan 19, 2016 at 10:02 AM
    scocar

scocar [OP] hypotenoper

Member:
    These showed up yesterday:

The Homeroshi is last tracked at Richmond, CA

And ordered these today:

Automotive Touchup

-------------------------------------------------
    Item No.: HBTL-BC
    Description: 1/2 oz Touchup Bottle, 2015 Toyota Tacoma: Silver Sky Metallic 1D6
    Quantity: 1
    Item Price: $9.95
    Item Total: $9.95

Item No.: AER-BC
    Description: 12 oz Aerosol Spray Paint, 2015 Toyota Tacoma: Silver Sky Metallic 1D6
    Quantity: 2
    Item Price: $19.95
    Item Total: $39.90

Item No.: AER-CC
    Description: 12 oz Aerosol High Gloss Clear Coat
    Item Price: $7.95
    Item Total: $7.95

Item No.: AER-PR-Grey
    Description: 12 oz. Easy sanding automotive GREY

Item No.: AER-AP
    Description: 12 oz Aerosol Plastic Parts Adhesion Promoter

Item No.: CNGN
    Description: Aerosol Spray Can Trigger
    Item Price: $3.95
    Item Total: $3.95

Item No.: HBTL-CC
    Description: 1/2 oz Touch Up Bottle High Gloss Clearcoat
    Item Price: $4.95
    Item Total: $4.95

Item No.: HBTL-PR
    Description: 1/2 oz Touch Up Bottle Grey Primer
    Item Price: $4.95
    Item Total: $4.95

So my pile of stuff I haven't done yet is growing nicely. :homer:

14. Jan 19, 2016 at 10:12 AM
    Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer J!m! Was Last Seen: Roam in’ Around…

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    West Central Florida Coast
    Very Good. The truck is coming along!! Can you please give more info on what type of sunscreen your referring too on page one. That would come in real handy in my climate. Thanks.

15. Jan 19, 2016 at 10:22 AM
    scocar

scocar [OP] hypotenoper

Member:
    It doesn't feel like it yet. LOL. I just want one uninterrupted day to wail on a few things, and then get wheels/tires. Then wait for OME BP-51s to come out.

These AT20s are pathetic in the slightest little puddle that I am reluctant to even define as a "puddle" because of their diminutive sizes. More like the water that build up against the painted dashed line. LOL. The tires actually pull hard with the slightest bit of water.

I haven't figured out the screen thing yet. I mocked up something to experiment with, but would be a PITA to attach, and the aftermarket GPS sun screens, which look promising, have different dimensions that will not work with potential attachment areas, or will interfere with viewing from an angle (driver position). There may be some screen protectors (applied directly to the screen) with some anti-glare qualities that I may look into.

Soul Surfer[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Jan 19, 2016 at 10:39 AM
    Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer J!m! Was Last Seen: Roam in’ Around…

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    West Central Florida Coast
    As I get older i dislike driving in heavy rain and at night, weather it's in the Tacoma or the 10 wheel dump truck! The roads here are designed to have good runoff but they can only handle so much. I've taken a liking to the long bed DC's. It'll be real sharp with the new tire package and suspension. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  17. Jan 19, 2016 at 4:29 PM
    DVexile

DVexile Exiled to the East

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB V6 TRD OR 4X4
    Those look like they are going to be good, I'm jealous. My build schedule doesn't allow me to wait for them though and I'd be nervous being an early adopter as well. So I had to pick something existing right now and thus have ICONs sitting in the living room waiting for an Expo leaf to show up.

Will definitely be living vicariously through this thread when you eventually pick up the BP-51s.

18. Jan 20, 2016 at 12:34 PM
    scocar

scocar [OP] hypotenoper

Member:
    It's not a bloody-minded pursuit of mine to get the OMEs. However, they are so close to release, and I am in no rush, I think I should be patient and see how they play out. It's those or Kings. Not going to rush into spending that much money.

Wheels and tires will come first, and they will not be affected by the suspension because I am staying pretty conservative.

MQQSE and DVexile[QUOTED] like this.
  19. Jan 20, 2016 at 7:43 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
  20. Jan 20, 2016 at 7:47 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    Are you ready to give me your teardrop yet?

Products Discussed in

To Top