1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

THE Wet Okole Group Buy!

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by FlawedXJ, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Good copy on all...Thanks brotha!!

Edit: That was a bitch-I used some spoons cause they have a rounded end and I'm a pussy when it comes to knives and 250 dollar seat covers. But it worked out. Gotta get the motivation to go re-install the rear wall to the truck.

2. Jun 8, 2009 at 1:56 PM
    SilverSeven

SilverSeven Rock Solid Toy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordon
    South Jurzee
    Vehicle:
    6" 35s mud and scratched to shit

sweet!! did you get red AND blue? cant wait to see the blue

3. Jun 8, 2009 at 2:01 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    The red went into the truck (With red piped rear covers).

The blue will go in my Scion- Maybe one night later this week. I can't wait to see those too-The interior is mostly black and glass/plastic...so it should be AWESOME.

Might have to do the blue LEDs mod thru the whole cabin...

Anybody think that painting the center console black would look good??

4. Jun 8, 2009 at 5:12 PM
    arrrghhh

arrrghhh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    Custom Front Bumper, Smittybilt XRC-8, 3" OME lift, 33" Falken A/T tires
    well i got my covers and promptly installed them. took a little less than an hour, i've never done these before - they are not too difficult. i do have one question tho, when i pulled the seat back cover on and tucked it in at the bottom of the seat, the back had a spot to velcro (on the back of the seat essentially, where the "hog ties" attach to on the OEM seat) but the front side that pulled thru the back had nothing to velcro to. that same piece that the back velcro'd to is blocking the front velcro from reaching around to the back. any ideas? the seats *seem* ok as they are, but they puff up a little and i want them as tight as possible.

so far the seats aren't bad. i hope i won't sweat in them too much, i was hoping these would be better in that respect than the stock seats... but i'm not so sure now...

i definitely recommend pulling the seats. i didn't even have to unclip the cord, just unbolted the seats, leaned 'em over and buckled 'em in. i have no clue how you could possibly do this without pulling the seats. it would make it 100x more difficult. just 4 bolts, pickup seat and lean over. easy peasy.

i'll try to find mah camera, otherwise i'll have to take pics with my crappy 3.2mp cell camera. i'll also try to get a pic of the section i'm talking about that has nowhere to velcro to. i was dumbfounded, couldn't figure out how to pull that front section to the back at all... any advice would be appreciated here.

i'm not sure if i'm a fan of the center console cover. maybe i put it on incorrectly, but it made the console difficult to open/close. the straps were pressing against the two arms on the side facing the passenger side, making it not open nearly as easy as before. plus, it was also difficult to close as the cover was pressing on the button and the whole bottom was a little thicker so that made it even more difficult to close/latch. it looks good, but if it makes it difficult to open/close the console i may just chuck it. bah, oh well.

5. Jun 8, 2009 at 6:15 PM
    Robocop

Robocop Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Access Cab Gray Manual
    The front seats are a little weird in that you have to actually not use the factory "flap" that is attatched underneath. It is best to un-hook the factory flap and fold it up against the back of the seat. Just cover it up with the Okole cover and it should be fine.

6. Jun 8, 2009 at 6:36 PM
    REVHARD25

REVHARD25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    RUGGED TRAIL PACKAGE
    Tint on front windows. Dnx7120 kenwood. Rear tsb springs. Wet okoles seat covers UWS truck box Weathertech floor mats TSB floor mat hook grommets Satoshi grill AFE drop in filter Fumoto drain valve Bed mat
    Thanks a lot lifesaflaw for this group buy .. i love the seat covers..quality A+[​IMG]

7. Jun 8, 2009 at 6:39 PM
    06sportaco

06sportaco FOP @ 45

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner
    WheatherTech Mats, step bars, Ipod2car, CK3100 Parrot Bluetooth
    :cheers:^ DITTO Lifes!! Great job for a great product.

8. Jun 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM
    Ty's Taco

Ty's Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner SR5 Sport Pearl Black
    Ask visa or my wife. They both constantly remind me how much I've got left to spend.
  9. Jun 9, 2009 at 1:12 AM
    FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 SR5 DoubleCab Short Bed
    Fox 2.5 C/O's, Fox 2.0 rear shocks, toytec 1.5" AAL, TC UCA's, blue/white dashboard lights, seatbelt chime removed, Synthetic leather armrests, WO seat covers front and back, Goodyear Wranger Duratrac 285/70/17, KMC XD Addict 17x9 rims
    just got home from work and these were waiting for me, opened them up and they are fantastic. By far the best looking seat covers I have ever come across. I'm just sad that I will have to wait until thursday to put these babies on.

10. Jun 9, 2009 at 8:47 AM
    arrrghhh

arrrghhh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    Custom Front Bumper, Smittybilt XRC-8, 3" OME lift, 33" Falken A/T tires
    well i'll have to redo the seats then. not a big deal, i used both the OEM hog ties and the WO ties. seats work pretty well for not being installed correctly! they look a little puffy but are damned comfy. i think i even got the center console to work a little better. it's function is still impeded, but it's significantly better.

fyi, i'm not sure what i did exactly but i strapped the wrong thing underneath the passenger seat evidently because the truck thinks there's someone sitting in there constantly! i didn't unplug anything, so i'm not sure what i did wrong. one of the straps has to be putting pressure on the sensor. i'll take a look this afternoon and take crappy cell cam pics for y'all!

11. Jun 9, 2009 at 11:54 AM
    Griff

Griff New Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    09 Tundra Doublecab
    Got the covers today, they look great.
    Thank you!!!!

12. Jun 9, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    silversport

silversport Senior Moment

Member:
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport dblcab longbed
    factory tube steps, bed extender, bike fork mounts, magnaflow muffler, scangauge, pop-n-lock, backup camara, fumato valve, secondary air filter removed, AFE dryflow filter, hitch mounted recovery hook, fog light mod, map lights with dome light mod, protecta bed mat, Wet Okole seat covers
    I took the "coin catcher" (that carpet covered part) and folded it over on itself and then attached the velcro strip. It was a little tough pulling it together but I couldn't see how bending the whole thing up would look any good. I bent it up the way they said and it looked like it would show an ugly bulge on the back of the seat. Thats why I decided to fold it together.

[​IMG]

As you can see, on the back of my seats, the fold over is not noticeable.
    Of course I didn't try it thier way, so maybe it doesn't make a bulge either.
    At any rate the back sides of my seats came out real nice.

[​IMG]

The fold over is right there where the velcro attaches at the bottom of the seat.

13. Jun 9, 2009 at 3:38 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Yea, i just folded them up, you can kinda tell in the pics above but it did look horrible folded up. I was wondering how that was supposed to work until I found that link to TN's tips. Not impressed.

14. Jun 9, 2009 at 4:09 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    your look really loose by the side airbag area, mine are tight, are you sure they are in all the way.

15. Jun 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Yea, i played with it for almost an hour until I gave up and called them. No matter how much tighter I tried to get it, it would just open that gap up wider no matter what I did. The bottom cover is extremely loose as well, it just hides it well. It's like they were fitted for a seat that's a little larger than this (though that makes no sense).

16. Jun 9, 2009 at 4:15 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    it makes sense, maybe they made yours on friday afternoon about 5 minutes before they went home.:cool:

17. Jun 9, 2009 at 4:26 PM
    robdawg14m

robdawg14m Rob

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Denton, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 SR5
    Apline IDA-X100 Head Unit Massive P 950.5 Amplifier 100x4 + 550x1 Diamond Audio 10" D1 Sub Focal K2 Component 165KR Debadged 33x12.5 Toyo MT 18" ATX Artillery Toytec ultimate lift kit LR UCA's Wet Okole seat covers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got them last night and installed today. I dont know how you would do the fronts without taking the seats out. It took me about an hour total to do the fronts, but that includes bolting and unbolting. I would say half an hour for the backs.

18. Jun 9, 2009 at 4:28 PM
    Ragin

Ragin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 TRD
    3inch Skyjacker front struts, Skyjacker hydro7000 rear shocks w/ AAL, K&N CAI, Instrument Cluster Mod, GrillCraft Mesh Grill w/ Pro Comp 9556 5" fog lights, fog light mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Remote Start, BHLM, Diamond D3 10", Twister F2 190 Amp,
    man, I just got a shipping conformation today, I hope they got the order right cuz this shits takin forever!....but I'm pretty patient so its cool...and I did get the logo, half piping, and back pockets.

19. Jun 9, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Look what I got in today!
    DSC02887_11328d409254eda4e2505b458d78a420a3dc75e1.jpg
    DSC02888_d3975b209d4a7ae32292f9c8645a83a28025800f.jpg
    No Piping, With stitching, Black with charcoal.

20. Jun 9, 2009 at 9:03 PM
    Ragin

Ragin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 TRD
    3inch Skyjacker front struts, Skyjacker hydro7000 rear shocks w/ AAL, K&N CAI, Instrument Cluster Mod, GrillCraft Mesh Grill w/ Pro Comp 9556 5" fog lights, fog light mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Remote Start, BHLM, Diamond D3 10", Twister F2 190 Amp,
    luk you suck man.....looks really good though dude!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top