1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The world is a better place without wood carvers...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 2003RC51, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 20, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    My concern is that the officer unassed his vehicle with his weapon drawn. I feel that was a safe distance, and he didn't need his weapon. Most officers call for backup before things get hairy as to prevent the situation we have here. But as already stated we don't have much to go on here. Same as what will be available to the department so they will be on speculation as well. I do know from personal experiences the truth won't come from the news or the Department. Its everyone's job to Cover their Asses.

2. Dec 20, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    2003RC51

2003RC51 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Toytec Basic 3" - Leather Interior - Spidertrax F+R
    It's nice that cops like to stick together but you are missing a couple things. If this cop had encountered the VICTIM before this incident he would have known that he was deaf(in one ear) but still. He was also wearing head phones which the cop should have noticed. Also, the only reason that he was 9 feet away from him is because the STUPID cop ran up behind him to within 9'. The bullets hit the VICTIM in the side so he was not even fully turned around.

3. Dec 20, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    i think he got out the that car planning to shoot him. its one thing to have his hand on a holstered gun but another to have it ready to shoot when the guy had both hands full of a swiss army knife and block of wood.

4. Dec 20, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    The guys only mistake is he was Canadian. Normally in Canada will be almost the last thing that ever happens is the cop going for a gun. It almost never happens here. They will beat the crap out of you tazer you to death but shootings is rare here.They pull guns on you guys down there when they pull your car over.

The guy did no wrong and did not hear the police. Can't attack him 9 feet away with a pocket carving knife. If it was a West coast carving knife those things can't even cut you, they are like a rake and not a knife. Cuts wood on the pull. More like a scoop.

5. Dec 20, 2010 at 9:26 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    So his misdemeanors made him super dangerous? Washington actually has an open carry law. I know that technically closer than 21ft is considered deadly, but the reason the officer was so close is because the officer closed on him and put himself in that situation. Then he most likely just got scared. What happened to escalation of force? Taser/pepper spray?

6. Dec 20, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    A7XTaco

A7XTaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    You don't want to know...
    Look on the positive side, with one shot the poor guy probably would have suffered longer before he died. If I were to be fatally shot, I would rather take 100 rounds and die sooner, than one round and suffer for 4 hours.

My question is, what about those old fashioned stun guns? Anybody ever use those any more?

True its a lethal weapon against a non lethal, but still, would it not have been worth a try?

7. Dec 20, 2010 at 9:30 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    ^ I actually hadn't thought of that. It's perfectly legal to carry a gun or knife in public (in most places still.) And you can't shoot a deaf guy for not hearing you.

I do support law enforcement officers..........when their not trying to infringe upon my rights or try to gun me down.

8. Dec 20, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I don't see the positive side of this man being killed for walking down the road whittling .

9. Dec 20, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    exactly. I carry and when I was up in washington ans seattle I also had a pocket knife (as always). I dont know how I made it out alive.

10. Dec 20, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Seems like now a days its luck that keeps us alive.

11. Dec 20, 2010 at 9:37 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    Looks like something from where I live. I live in a town of 27000 and the cops act like it's downtown Detroit. I may respect cops elsewhere.....but in my hometown.....they all have this mentality and I don't respect a single one. My new philosophy is if you don't have a warrant....don't even talk to me.

12. Dec 20, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    ppham444

ppham444 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phuong
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2023 White TRD Off-Road doublecab
    The only time a person should be holding a knife out in public is either in a restaurant or trying to get his hamster out of the sphincter.

13. Dec 20, 2010 at 9:41 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Why wouldn't a free person be allowed to have their knife out?

14. Dec 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    are you serious? a knife is just as much a tool as a wrench is.

15. Dec 20, 2010 at 9:45 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Can I still have pens and pencils? Because if so you'd better shoot me now, I can do a helluva lot of damage with a pen. How about my keys? I teach self defense to people using common items easily obtained to protect themselves.

16. Dec 20, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    I feel for both sides. Certainly the cop is in the wrong, but I can see the road he took to get there:

Dude looks homeless - many homeless are insane- he is kinda is semi-openly carrying a knife- doesn't respond when called- turns suddenly.

Add in some quick judgment calls (which in this case were all wrong) and some adrenaline and I totally understand how this happened. It doesn't change that he exited the vehicle with the gun drawn and chased the guy- making a strange situation into a potentially dangerous one "requiring" deadly force.

17. Dec 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    A7XTaco

A7XTaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    You don't want to know...

I completely agree with this statement ^.

The difference between one shot and 5 is all very subjective.

Either way I'm afraid when its said and done this officer is going to wish he had been a little slower on the trigger and had pulled out a non-lethal weapon instead.

There are cameras everywhere these days. There is bound to be security footage that will turn up eventually, which will probably be the make or break for this officer.

18. Dec 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    not that I've ever considered whittling wood, but now I'll think twice...especially in public

19. Dec 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Do you know any homeless people? Do you have evidence that supports your claim of high numbers of "insane" homeless people?

20. Dec 20, 2010 at 11:28 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Yeah actually my stepmother is a shrink.

Everyone has a reason to be on the street. For many its hard times, for others its other things.

Edit: I knew that someone was going to get heated about that but I posted it anyway. Some of the greatest acts of charity I have ever witnesses were by homeless people offering someone something when they had almost nothing, or bailing someone (me) out of a situation. I have also taken on the role of someone in a delusional fantasy of a homeless woman as I walked down the street, been attacked and had to fight my way out of a public bathroom, been followed and eventually set upon by an insane homeless man among other bizarre things. Call it bad luck I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top