1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The world is a better place without wood carvers...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 2003RC51, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 25, 2010 at 2:05 AM
    HarryTaco

HarryTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB 4x4 V6 MGM
    Bed Mat, Bak Revolver Tonneau,
    Noneck, you better not stutter when I call out to you on my property. I will shoot you down. But first, I will take the leather off your Tacoma!

2. Dec 25, 2010 at 3:18 AM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

I agree with Jeff. In Arizona we are trained to deal with edged weapons and armed citizens. Before you guys start going off on me, let me first say that I was not there and only saw what was on the Dash Cam.

I know personally from my own experiences. I was in a situation facing a 16 year old with a Butcher Knife, less that 20 feet from me. I was a 2 year rookie just as this Seattle Officer. The juvenile had been involved in a verbal domestic dispute with his family and had taken off from the residence, threatening suicide. Upon arrival, I made contact with the suspect, who saw me arrive and started walking towards me. I saw the weapon and ordered him to drop the knife. At the same time, I unholstered my duty weapon and prepared to defend myself. As I was barking out orders for him to stop and drop the knife, I slowly started to press the trigger, focusing on my front sight. Fortunately he complied and I did not have to shoot him. He was proned out and taken into custody with out further incident.

Fact was, I was prepared to do what I needed to do that night. I was defending my life and possibly the lives of the other Deputies who had arrived on scene.

It angers me a little to read comments posted by some of the individuals in this thread. However it is their freedom of speech and I support their First Amendment Right. I also want to exercise my right as a free citizen and state the following. Before you cast judgement, make close minded remarks and/or form opinions, take the time to do proper research. Look at both sides of the story.

You guys thinks it's easy doing this job? Consider trying to become one of us. Go through the rigors of an Academy, FTO and a Probationary period. Think about the Vicarious Liablilty issues you'll go through in your career. Try going one work week with out somebody casting judgement on you before they even here you speak. It's not easy. I can not please everyone, 100% of the time and I know there are those who oppose me. I have to be like a duck and let it roll off my back.

3. Dec 25, 2010 at 4:16 AM
    southerntaco889

southerntaco889 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bartow, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    5100's @ 2.5/285 BFG A/T's/blacked-red badges/strobes/siren/PA/roof rack soon to come/brush guard soon to come
    THANK YOU CHRIS 4x4! I knew I always like how you acted and presented yourself on here. That is the most sane, logical post in this thread.

Once again, thank you. Having previously worked in 911/Dispatch the comment about the fact the unit should have called for paramedics irked me. Don't make comments about things you (i'm assuming) know nothing about unless its positive. Until you have done a ride-a-long with a unit for a week or so to get the feel of their side of the job or sat behind a 911/Dispatch console and dealt with an irate caller at the same time as trying to make sure your units are all accounted for and not dead somewhere I don't want to hear anything.
    I have nothing further that I'm going to say. I have a lot more thats not appropriate and for that reason it will remain unsaid.:cool:

4. Dec 25, 2010 at 6:29 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    X's 2, y'all should give it a break for at least this day, what do ya say?

5. Dec 25, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    2003RC51

2003RC51 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Toytec Basic 3" - Leather Interior - Spidertrax F+R

I say that sounds good to me!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

And if anyone is curious what the PM said. Here ya go:

6. Dec 25, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
  7. Dec 25, 2010 at 11:46 AM
    MHS2846bg8

MHS2846bg8 Experienced Noob

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    South Coast of Oregon
    Vehicle:
    21 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Dbl Cab 4x4
    4WP Factory Front Bumper w/Warn VR EVO 10-S Winch, AuxBeam 8-Switch Controller, Redarc Trailer Brake Controller, ARE CX-Evolve Cap, Bedrug Liner, Ditch Pod Lights, Aftermarket LED (OEM) Bed Lights, Console Vault
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:bananadance::locked::bananadance:

8. Dec 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
  9. Dec 25, 2010 at 12:01 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    And now that we've gone pretty far afield and some testosterone is being flung around for no reason other than to be flung around.

Good night- Tip your elves and Merry Christmas!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top