1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

they say not to buy a car the first year of its redesign?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NWtacoma, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Jun 4, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    Salsashark

Salsashark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    My mom bought an RX8 the first year it was out, 2004-5?, its been hauled back to Mazda at least 5 times, the last time they had to replace the motor, with maybe 50,000 miles on it. She must love that thing because she wont get rid of it, but imo its been a lemon.

2. Jun 4, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    buddywh1

buddywh1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philly PA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC SR5 4x4
    I think the leaf spring TSB is the result of neither a quality issue nor a design issue...it's the result of a marketing issue. This has been discussed a lot and that's the only logical conclusion I can see because it's been hanging around since 2006 (or is it '07?). I'd be willing to believe the transmission issue is too if someone argued it well enough.

I'm not entirely sure that history holds true with all manufacturers...I'd sure be interested in seeing something that supports it especially as it's being applied so broadly. But I do agree that buying the first year of a model isn't the best idea because the second year always seems to get really nice feature adjustments as a result of feedback from customers.

3. Jun 4, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Yeah. It's Toyota though, so don't have to worry about anything super silly, like the motor falling out of the engine bay or something.

4. Jun 4, 2010 at 8:13 PM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Many of you with newer Taco's have had many, many more problems than I have with my '05 (early 05 at that!).

Products Discussed in

To Top