1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

They shaved my pedal!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Pugga, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Dec 4, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    Pugga

Pugga [OP] Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Mine was for an auto. As far as I know, the only thing the reflash did was make it so the brake overrides the throttle. The pedal shave is not a TSB it was a safety recall put out around the time people were complaining of their throttle sticking.

2. Dec 4, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    I don't think the brake overrride software was applicable to manual trans. If the throttle gets stuck, just hit the clutch. :)

3. Dec 4, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    The updated reflash included the brake override as well as tranny TSB reflash software for autos to fix the odd 1st to 2nd shift hang .

4. Dec 4, 2011 at 2:06 PM
    MrsPib

MrsPib Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTAS, TOYOTAS EVERYWHERE
    The issue the 6-speeds are referencing (and you may already know this) is there is a piece of code in the system that manually holds the throttle open for just a second after you let your foot off the accelerator. It's not a safety issue, as it is a....un-natural behavior that is accentuated by driving a standard transmission. The engine does this ghey little rev (on it's own) between gears. I've had passengers tell me to take my foot off the accelerator when shifting and I nearly have to lift my foot above the dash to prove that it isn't me revving the engine in N.

Oh, I think I just completely misunderstood what you wrote. Well, enjoy my long-winded response none-the-less :D

5. Dec 4, 2011 at 2:16 PM
    TacoBow

TacoBow Intentionally cosmetically correct.

Member:
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Quad LB
    Exactly.

I know that it varies, and it seems to be less of an issue with the 5 speed models. For me, simply put, I'd like it to be corrected.

squamish VFR makes the best observations I've read thus far and doubt it can be improved upon. See his post here - http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...ustice-my-long-winded-rant-starts-here-4.html

Searching other possible solutions yielded a link from TW to here - http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18330

Still others speak of it here - http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231012

My goal was to find a method to cure it, or at least lessen it. My hopes were that the safety recall "Flash" part of the peddle trim would accomplish it. Alas, it appears that it won't.

Not trying to revisit a back and forth on to throttle hang or not to throttle hang, but those of you experiencing this 6 speed issue first hand need not an explanation as to why I prefer it be corrected.

6. Dec 5, 2011 at 12:39 AM
    drarin

drarin Well-Known Member

Member:
    I had mine lazered so it wont grow back

Products Discussed in

To Top