1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thieves??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jdickey03, May 6, 2011.

1. May 6, 2011 at 9:40 AM
    jdickey03

jdickey03 [OP] $enior M3MB3R

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    (SOLD)2006 Tacoma trd offroad
    3" skyjacker Lift,Pioneer touch screen unit. Relentless Rear Bumper.
    Is the economy getting so bad that thieves are starting to steal more or what? I mean we've always had them up here but it just seems in the past two weeks it has gotten out of hand. I know of three trucks(2000 Dodge Cummins, Early-90s Nissan P/U, 88 Toyota P/U) that have been stolen out of the owners driveway. A guy at work was telling me he knows of numerous Hondas and Acuras that have been stolen.

Then yesterday I get a phone call from a friend telling me that another one of our friends, brothers house was broken into and their dad was shot.http://www.times-standard.com/localnews/ci_18007268

Basically on Wednesday I had noticed my friend on Facebook talking about her brothers house that was broken into and guns were stolen (870 Remington 12 Gauge, and a Ruger 10-22) she was just asking for people to keep a look out. Her brother had been away on vacation while these were stolen from his house. Well the next night(after calling the police and doing a report) My friends dad and brother decided they would stay at the brothers house to make sure the thieves didnt come back...
    Well the theives came back around 1am the Dad went outside to confront them while the brother was inside calling the cops. As the thieves tried to drive away(in a stolen 2007 silver tacoma) the brother shot at their tires to get them to stop. This must have pissed off the thieves, because one of them pulled out an automatic weapon(dont know what gun) and started spraying shooting my friends brother in the foot and killing her dad..The guys took off on foot and left the tacoma.

Sorry for the rant, just a little pissed that people have no respect for anyones property.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
  2. May 6, 2011 at 9:44 AM
    kbp68

kbp68 hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
    Wow! :eek: America...a nice place to visit but...:canada:

3. May 6, 2011 at 9:50 AM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    damn that sucks man...this is why i never post stuff on facebook about if im going out or the whole family is out...cuz you never know whos looking or waiting for that right time :spy:

4. May 6, 2011 at 9:51 AM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Same thing is going on here in SoCal where I live. We have also 1 guy jump off an overpass a couple weeks ago and to moving car body dumps on the frwy in the last month. I'm sure others from around the country have seen a rise in crime. A neighbor down the street last week looked out his kitchen window at 9:45 am to see some kid going through his Range Rover ran out and chased him down the street and then lost him. These guys are getting more brazen as time goes on.

5. May 6, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Fuck the tires shoot to kill, I was in fear for my life officer, talks over can i call ESQ. now or go home!!! Oh for the canooks...:infantry::canada::fenforcer:and:brianr:

6. May 6, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    jdickey03

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    they didn't either, her brother was out of town for work, so his wife went to spend the night over at one of her family members house with their son(the thieves even took all the food, other electronics, even the kids toys)

7. May 6, 2011 at 9:57 AM
    jdickey03

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    exactly, there is a local guy that I see his name in the paper over and over for theft. yet he is constantly released on probation. Of course these people are going to continue stealing if there isn't a larger consequence then a slap on the wrist and your back on the street with probation

8. May 6, 2011 at 9:57 AM
    surfsupl

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Inside job?

9. May 6, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    jdickey03

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    Doubt it...but who knows..

10. May 6, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    surfsupl

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I was living at another home last year at this time and I lived in a dead end street and all the cars got broken into without breaking windows or setting off alarms. They were after any kind of change they could find in the cars/trucks. You could follow their tracks by some of the money they dropped along the way. Followed their trail for a couple blocks. All in all if I remember right 24 cars were broken into.

11. May 6, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    surfsupl

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    Sounds kind of fishy to me. They had enough time to take valuables and then all the food?

12. May 6, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    agreed.i never post anything on FB anymore, just for the fact that someone,somewhere is always looking.

13. May 6, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    In Fla we kill em!!!!

14. May 6, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    jdickey03

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    my truck was broken into like three times. I never had an alarm set up in it, but i ALWAYS locked my doors. I could never figure out how they were getting in(yes even locked the rear slider) this was in my driveway. then i put in a alarm system and no ones even tried haha damn

15. May 6, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    good post.
    This makes me think even some of what I post here or on other forums.
    Thieves, crooks, basically bad people use any method to comb for info. They watch to see your traffic patterns, lighting patterns anything that signals or transmits information about yourself.

I just read a book No Tech Hacking by Johnny Long who was/is a notorious hacker & founder of hackers for charity. He covered dumpster diving, tailgating (as in following you in buildings at work etc.) shoulder surfing, social engineering, people watching, kiosks, & vehicle surveillance without any high tech methods or in some case no equipment at all. Just looking at the stickers & contents of vehicle says a lot about you. It really made me change things in my environment!

He has a great video on you tube about it. Lots of good tips.

For the OP I am sorry to hear this happened. Yes the US does appear to have its share of bad apples right now. I think we see and hear more of it nowadays.

16. May 6, 2011 at 10:20 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    I never got the foursquare app on fb.I don't need my wife to know my every move nevermind everyone knowing where i just checked in at. Your just asking to get robbed. It might save a life for someone who was kidnapped and could be tracked cuz of fb.

17. May 6, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    surfsupl

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    Sounds like an interesting book. Just might have to order it .

18. May 6, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    Time to put the smack down on these thieves..

19. May 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    tacoteacher

tacoteacher Well-Known Member

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 access cab 4wd
    Stock for now
    X2. Bastards, all of them.:infantry:

20. May 6, 2011 at 10:56 AM
    cleanTRDmachine

cleanTRDmachine watch the meat

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Q-Town, PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    tint gray camo seat covers debadged color matched grille surround off of 06 TRD sport grillecraft black mesh grille Hella 500's demudflapped Toyota rear leaf TSB (first edition) 265/75/16 BFG AT TA KO's Flowmaster Super 40 #952445 Maglite Mod AntennaX 13in antenna Painted Lower Valance Vision X H4 Xenon headlights Halo Solaris H10 foglights Velocity Offroad 2.5 leveling kit (removed) Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers Rocky Mounts Clutch SD bike mount 4ft combo lock cable for bed extender Stage I interior LED's Toytec 1.5" AALs Extang Trifold Signature Series Bed Cover Reese front mounted tow hook Icon Stage 1 Suspension
    Job security for me...

You couldn't even imagine the reasons and methods that are used in retail theft.

Products Discussed in

To Top