1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Think I Finally Figured Out My Stereo

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by FatMac, May 3, 2021.

1. May 3, 2021 at 5:26 PM
    FatMac

FatMac [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Sport Premium
    As the title states, think I have a plan now.

Bought my 2020 TRD Sport last January, and have been skimming these pages and watching way too many YouTube videos.

I was REALLY interested in the simplicity of install of the OEM Audio Plus system, but the price was a bit of a put off (it ends up being like $2100 cdn, and $2500cdn if you add the second sub amp). I ended up buying and installing the Focal plug and play speakers last fall, and knew that at some point I would want some power behind them, as well as a sub, and some EQ options. I've read a lot of good things about the Kicker Key, and thought I would do that paired with the 8" JL Microsub+. I've also been looking at the Audison stuff, and have a local dealer that sells them, as well as JL.

I basically never have rear seat passengers, and don't really care about putting any money into the rear speakers, and I have never had a front stage that was biamped, so don't really have a preference towards that either.

I talked to my local shop, and I can get an Audison ap4.9, and JL 8" Microsub for within $100 of what I would have spent on the Kicker Key and powered JL Microsub+.
    Running the front 2 channels for the Focals at 70w each, and bridging the rear channels at 260w to power the JL. I would have them do the base tune for sure, as the install would be fairly straight forward.

Any thoughts or comments on this plan? I'm not wanting a blow the doors off stereo, just something that has more power, and is balanced and full sounding.

GRNT4R likes this.
  2. May 3, 2021 at 5:27 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Full send!

3. May 3, 2021 at 6:17 PM
    GRNT4R

GRNT4R Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC - Triad
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DCLB 4WD Silver
    TBD
    Sounds like a nice plan. I’m going front stage with an 8” as well. Just hadn’t decided on the amp or sub yet but I have Hertz components for the front

Products Discussed in

To Top