1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinkin about getting back into it

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Cheesycook, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Jun 11, 2009 at 3:46 AM
    Cheesycook

Cheesycook [OP] Geek with a gun

Member:
    Hermiston, OR
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 DC Tacoma V6
    Howdy! Used to have an 86 4x4 with the 22R. Went Jeep for years and recently sold my modified Wrangler for a more family Subaru Impreza. Trying to make a case with the wife why she should take my Impreza and let me trade her 97 Outback on a 98-00 extended cab Taco. I do have a 1 year old son. It there any way to mount a child seat in an extended cab? Front seat is legal in a pickup right?

2. Jun 11, 2009 at 4:01 AM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    yeh but for safety reasons i wouldnt mount my child seat in the front no matter what. get a double cab. more practical since you have a 1 yo son. IMO. Im pretty sure the 2nd gen access cabs have enough space in the back but i wouldnt put my kids safety on it.

3. Jun 11, 2009 at 4:05 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V8
    Definately get the Double Cab. The first time you have to put your kid and wife in the truck you will appreciate the extra room. I know that you have a 4 door already, but times will come when you need the family AND the truck.

4. Jun 11, 2009 at 4:05 AM
    Cheesycook

Cheesycook [OP] Geek with a gun

Member:
    Hermiston, OR
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 DC Tacoma V6
    It would be a good reason to have my wife haul the kids around in her ride all the time. :D

5. Jun 11, 2009 at 4:07 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V8
    True, but It never seems to work out that way.

To Top