1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking about doing something in the bed of my truck, Need Help!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacomathunder, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Nov 3, 2011 at 10:12 PM
    tacomathunder

tacomathunder [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    I have a best top so i have quite a bit of space, so i was thinking, is there a way i can split the upper and lower sections below the besttop....so in other words what I'm trying to do is to have a platform or something like a truck net that could split in in half vertically almost like a bunk bed style.... in other words i want to be able to put smaller things up high and larger things actually in the bed..... i hope this makes sense lol, but any ideas?

2. Nov 3, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    can anyone help me out here? lol :eek:

3. Nov 3, 2011 at 10:57 PM
    WestonJ

WestonJ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Weston
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab TRD Off-Road 4WD
    Added a Tool Box, rear spring TSB, Weathertech floor mats, Emergency lights,
    lots of people build beds and such by laying plywood on the little plastic lip thats in the bed. should be some threads about it

4. Nov 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    thats the thing, i want to do something different and I'm trying to think of the best way to do it......i want to have some thing higher than the lip....like a cargo net or somethings, so when i go on trips my smaller duffel bags can go up there, and the larger things go on the actual bed surface

5. Nov 3, 2011 at 11:02 PM
    WestonJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Weston
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Vehicle:
    a few 2x4s stacked across the lip then a sheet of plywood? gives a little more room

6. Nov 3, 2011 at 11:03 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    get cargo net
    find a way to attach to brackets that slide in the rails...bingo.

7. Nov 3, 2011 at 11:06 PM
    WestonJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Weston
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Vehicle:
    like a hammock

8. Nov 3, 2011 at 11:25 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    I'm just trying to brain storm on what to do, so all you guys are helping me out here, thanks !

To Top