1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking about trading in my Red Taco for a Speedway Blue Taco.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Stew_Fri, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Oct 17, 2008 at 4:58 PM
    Stew_Fri

Stew_Fri [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner Speedway Blue SR5 D. Cab Sport
    JC Whitney Light Bar w/ 4 100 watt KC Daylighters, Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, K&N CAI (77 series), Hand Grenade Shifter, Custom Painted Engine Cover,

HAHAHAHA Some how i knew something would come up about my dice. One of my friends rags on them every time he gets in my truck. I got them on a new years trip to vegas so they have some meaning but i guess if i get the new blue truck, ill ditch them.

2. Oct 17, 2008 at 5:01 PM
    Stew_Fri

Member:
    Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    JC Whitney Light Bar w/ 4 100 watt KC Daylighters, Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, K&N CAI (77 series), Hand Grenade Shifter, Custom Painted Engine Cover,
    OH I HATE YOU SO MUCH!!! How much did ya pay for her?

3. Oct 17, 2008 at 5:13 PM
    06Bluez

06Bluez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    Icon Coil-overs, TC UCA, with Bilstein 5150 and Icon 3 leaf pack. 17" Moto Metal 951 4.5" Backspacing wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG AT's. Demello front bumper and Avid offroad sliders.
    Speedway Blue is the sexiest color when accented with black. You will not regret your decision if you go blue! Observe
    [​IMG]

4. Oct 17, 2008 at 6:05 PM
    zuter

zuter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 4 cyl
    2nd filter, undercover, debaged, bug deflector, more to follow!
    Since the milage isn't that big of a deal (4x4 + 1 mpg vs 4x2, I read) why don't you just have it painted to the color you want? I think you would save $$$ big time going this route...hell you could even find a color nobody else has and drive us all nuts. :)

5. Oct 18, 2008 at 12:31 AM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    ^
    +1 For Not trading in and getting a CUSTOM color!

However I actually can't stand the Speedway Blue as well, I don't like Blue. I'm sure plenty of people don't like Radiant Red or would be caught dead driving one. Its all personal preference imho.

When I walked into the dealership. I had my mind made up, I wanted the Radiant Red or I will NOT buy a Tacoma. However the salesman didn't know that as I knew the stock they had. So I got the Radiant Red @ a killer price.

However that NEW Magnesium Grey has me :eek:. That would have had me in a pickle for the longest but I would still have picked red.

Stay with what you have imho. However if its going to be a truck you want in the long run. Just do it then. Take the hit and enjoy it for years to come.

RED and BLACK is the best combination, lol.:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't have a current picture of my truck but its going to look different.

Whats Done ( Not Pictured )

1. Satoshi Grill Mod
    2. Blacked Out TRD Skid Plate
    3. Removed N-Fabs

Coming Real Soon
    1. 5100 @ 1.75 Suspension (Level Out)
    2. Rear TSB 4 Pack
    3. Rear Bumper Color Match
    4. Remove OEM Roof Rack
    5. Remove Vent Visors

6. Oct 18, 2008 at 4:11 AM
    AUDITECH

AUDITECH Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION

Member:
    charlotte nc
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab prerunner
    none
    tic tac that would be the parking lot and i dont know how that oil spot got into that shape your right that is weird

7. Oct 18, 2008 at 4:15 AM
    AUDITECH

AUDITECH Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION

Member:
    charlotte nc
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab prerunner
    none
    stew fri i think it was the end of the month and i got it out the door for 24,500 they took 3000 off the sticker. As tacomaman knows herrelson toyota at the end of the month will do some nice deals. My wife has a toyota seinna XLE got it for 28,000 before tax title and tags.

8. Oct 18, 2008 at 7:17 AM
    allrsdup

allrsdup Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sahuarita AZ.
    Vehicle:
    2018 dcsb trd offroad 4x4 Inferno
    i would keep what u have. don ttrade it just to change the color. unless u can break even wich i doubt on a 1 year old truck your probally gonna lose your shirt.

9. Oct 18, 2008 at 8:08 AM
    Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Franklin,NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD V6 4x4
    metra ipod
    Chack sand springs toyota in Atl they have 4x2 prerunners out the ass i'm sure they have a speedway blue one

10. Oct 18, 2008 at 8:24 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Jesus your dealer sucks. You are aware that our trucks are made here in the US so an Earthquake in Japan wouldn't really effect the amount of trucks in your region. Also, TRD Sport is made in 4x4 and 2x4, same with TRD Off Road. When you trade I strongly suggest you go to a dealer thats not as full of shit as the one you bought your current truck from.

11. Oct 18, 2008 at 10:27 AM
    nocarsallowed

nocarsallowed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4X4 - Access Cab
    NO MODS YET! 20" Enkeis with NT420 performance tires coming soon...inspired by genxer36.
    OMG! I had same experience at my first toyota dealer. Bunch of lies! Lie after lie! They pushed their limit so I went to Ford.
    One lie I remember they siad truck was made in Japan which is why it expensive. This was false. Truck made here! Another lie was they said truck destination charge was 1,000 bucks because of location. This was false as this charge is standardized at one set price depending on the vehicle - doesn't matter if I'm next door to the manufacturer, I'll still get the same destination charge. I honestly think they were trying to take advantage of me because I was new to Toyota.

12. Oct 18, 2008 at 1:20 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    We all know how much more honest those church going Ford dealers are.........:rolleyes:

13. Oct 21, 2008 at 7:56 AM
    Stew_Fri

Member:
    Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    Well just wanted to update everybody and say that i decided to go ahead and be crazy and trade in my Red Tacoma for the Speedway blue one. I know, i know but i actually got a really good deal on it and im just waiting for it to get to my dealership so i can test drive it and check it out. Ill post the numbers and some pics later this week when i pic her up : )

14. Oct 21, 2008 at 9:27 AM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    You're test driving paint? Drive around with the left directional on too during your test, make sure it flashes at the same speed as it did on the red truck.

Oh my, keep the windows up, I think you are getting too much fresh air!

It is the same truck, Just a different color right? Maybe try and incorporate the Blue and the Red, like someone mentioned, HAVE A COLOR no one else has. That is your money though, far be it for me to tell you what to do. Wouldn't want the same to be told to me.

Enjoy. If you are going to do a bank job do it now, that way you'll be linked to a Red truck and when the "PoPo" are looking for you, you'll have a Blue one.

15. Oct 21, 2008 at 9:41 AM
    Stew_Fri

Member:
    Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:

LOL, If only banks had any money right now anyways. Na, im trading it in for a speedway blue NON 4X4 Tacoma Sport. I know ill never use the 4x4 so It also has a bunch of little upgrades to like back up camera, radio, and stuff like that but yes over all im just test driving PAINT! SPEEDWAY BLUE IS THE COLOR I WANT allthough i did see the new magnesium grey....I must say WOW, it looks awesome but to dark for me

Products Discussed in

To Top