1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking of getting a 2012 Tacoma??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Digiratus, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Jul 28, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Arlington, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Anyone want to speculate if the new mirrors with turn signal lights will match up with my '11 ?

Also, I'm kind of glad I bought mine when I did. I like the sunglasses holder. :)

2. Jul 28, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    cause he bought a 2010 model and has put some money in it. whippers one of the most active naysayers on there being any changes to the 2012 tacoma. Id be pretty pissed if I bought a new truck only to have it replaced with better features a short time later.

3. Jul 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    No I really don't care about the super cool upcoming 3rd gen that is supposed to cure cancer or so it seems. My truck is perfectly fine for me and I will probably never buy another Tacoma. I just think people are retarded with all the 3rd gen info. Why not wait to see what it has when it is for sale at the dealer?

4. Jul 28, 2011 at 11:29 PM
    CheapGrandJerokee

CheapGrandJerokee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay area California
    Vehicle:
    Jeep fornow.. love everything about tacos
    Pa system w/ cb, interior blue led lighting, 3 cell maglight led, auxiliary off road lights, 31" Falken ats
    Only I the "Baja" edition cures aids and the sr5 is a transformer..!

5. Jul 28, 2011 at 11:33 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    I'm with you on this one. There is plenty of speculation, some of it may be true, some of it may not. Things are always changing. There will be an even BETTER one a few years after that one.

But for now, I love the truck I have, it serves me well and I have no complaints whatsoever. So why would I even need to look elsewhere? :)

6. Jul 28, 2011 at 11:52 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Definitely some interesting and also some unfortunate changes. For one they eliminated the lid on the rear console box. I don't get that at all. Just turns it into a big dirt catcher. The FJ center console doesn't have a lid either. Weird.

Also if what Toyota is calling "piano black" is the same as what the electronics industry calls "piano black" it's a terrible choice for a truck. Basically it's high gloss black plastic, and it's one of the easiest to scratch materials in the world.

Also interesting that they eliminated the subwoofer from the TRD Offroad package in the Access Cab. Probably makes the stock stereo pretty worthless then. Surprised that the eliminated it from what is essentially their top package in the AC.

As for interesting, I think the black carpeting is nice. Would love to see the (very) dark charcoal FJ seats in the Tacoma as well .. very nice color and fabric.

And note that under "double cab v6" it says "manual transmission now available in A-Suffix configuration". Wonder if that's a DC longbed.

On another note, it's good to see them keep most of the mechanical the same for another year .. means a better (read: cheaper) used parts market in the future. One of the reasons why old Toyotas are so valuable is because parts are so plentiful and cheap. The more years Toyota keeps the engines and trannys the same, the better for the future.

7. Jul 29, 2011 at 12:06 AM
    ouyin2000

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Arlington, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    I didn't know what the "A-suffix" was...I hope you're wrong though :( That unto itself would be reason enough for me to trade in for one.

8. Jul 29, 2011 at 1:16 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    I just really want to see what the front end looks like. That and the black carpet.

9. Jul 29, 2011 at 1:57 AM
    rbeezy

rbeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    x2

10. Jul 29, 2011 at 2:11 AM
    TRDsport253

TRDsport253 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fife, Wa
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRDsport
    TRD Cold air TRD Cat-back
    Still no sunroof?

11. Jul 29, 2011 at 6:04 AM
    elytravis

elytravis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Always changing...but there is no place like home.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Nautical Blue DCLB TRD Sport
    Black tube steps, Skid plate, Bakflip F1 folding cover, EGR raingaurds, All weather floor mats, AFE pro dry filter.
    It's really hard to keep up with so many threads about the same subject...but I will do my best.

12. Jul 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    no you don't. otherwise you wouldn't be participating in every 3rd gen forum. it's completely normal for people to be interested in upcoming changes to the tacoma, just as you are.

13. Jul 29, 2011 at 7:50 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    if the baja edition is bad ass i'll be trading my taco in

14. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:35 AM
    whippersnapper02

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Looks like we have a mind reader...kinda hard to miss all the 3rd gen threads when they are all over the front page so I figure why not post my piece.

When and if it does change I will read the real specs on Toyota.com. If there are changes then cool. If the truck remains the same then cool. Either way it doesn't do anything for me.

15. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Did you get your precious photos ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    What about heated mirrors Toyota ?

Maybe some decent frame protection is in order

16. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    Sub'd and that green.....yuck!

17. Jul 29, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    ah, i see... just so many topics on the front page that you inadvertantly end up on most, if not all, the 3rd gen topics... just by accident.

18. Jul 29, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    whippersnapper02

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    I click on most if not all and voice my opinion if I have one of the subject.

19. Jul 29, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Did you get your precious photos ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I'm here for an argument

20. Jul 29, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    ouyin2000

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Arlington, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Me thinks that you really do care, and you're just trying to play it off in a cool fashion.

If you really didn't give a rat's patootie about the changes (or lack thereof) then why do you make your opinion on the matter so known?

To Top