1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking of getting a 2nd gen

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 4OYOTER, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Nov 24, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    4OYOTER

4OYOTER [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Howdy folks,

Hope all is well. I'm in the market for a Tacoma and would like some input. I previously had on '04 with 6" fabtech. Now I am looking for a 2nd gen. This is going to be my daily driver, but I also want to have a very capable 4x4 for weekend adventures. I was planning on going for a stock '09 4x4 with elocker and atrac (dealer close to me has it now) and I was planning on going with a 3" lift and 33's. BUT, this just popped up on Craigslist in my area and I wanted some input. It doesn't have ATRAC or elocker - but does have limited slip. It is private party and the asking price is cheaper than the '09 at the dealership. I figured I could have a 4x4 shop install lockers and I would be ahead of the game with a bigger lift for the same price as the stock '09 at the dealer. Thoughts?

Here is the craigslist description:

"i am asking $22,000 for my 2007 toyota tacoma. kbb price for my truck in this condition is about $26,000. it is speedway blue and has four full doors. it is a 4x4, TRD sport. it is a 4.0L V6, 6 speed manual. it has a 6" fabtech lift installed by a toyota master tech and is riding on 35x12.5x17 mickey thompson baja claws around mickey thompson classic II rims. it also has a SURCO roof rack with 4 hella 500 fog lights across the top installed by low country 4x4 in south carolina. i bought the truck new in '07 and have only put about 25,500 miles on it. VERY LOW MILES!!! the interior is in great condition, body has some scratches and some dents, mostly on the tailgate, in overall good condition. bought the 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty through toyota. if you are interested, i am asking $22,000 obo."

2. Nov 24, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    soup

soup Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cameron
    WA
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 Black
    i saw that for sale the other day, it looks nice and seems to be pretty cheap for what it already has on it.

3. Nov 24, 2011 at 7:19 PM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    From what I read about the All Pro 2nd gen. Taco the sport has a 8.4" rear the TRD has a 8". Thay say it's stronger, also I like the color match grill & bumpers. Just my 2.
    Hope your having a great T-day.

4. Nov 24, 2011 at 7:26 PM
    Nonfatwater7

Nonfatwater7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    06 DC LB 4x4 Indigo
    Map Light mod, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 5100's front set at .85, Eibach coils, Hi-lift bed rail mount, CB radio, Sway bar removed, 886 reverse light mod, LED tail lights and blinkers, Wickedflows exhaust, $4 aux/ipod input mod
    Go for it, you'll love it no matter what. The sport is a great truck...

To Top