1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking of moving from Android to Iphone

Discussion in 'Technology' started by thebigk, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Feb 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM
    jtgroce

jtgroce Got R Did

Member:
    In the Foothills, NC
    Vehicle:
    '12 Taco MGM TRD Off Road
    K&N Air Filter Husky Floor Liners Weathertech Vent Visors LED Map/Dome Light Mod Chrome Door Handles AVS Bugshield Bed Mat Fog Light Anytime Mod DTRL LED's Flowmaster Super 40
    Keep the Droid phone. Iphones are so over rated. The iphone4 has 600mhz processor vs my 1ghz on my HTC Incredible. And get away from Sprint and switch to Verizon! The only advantage is if you have an ipod and a mac u can sync your iphone with all of them, othwerwise your wasting your money

2. Feb 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Unlimited data is different than tethering though.

3. Feb 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    He doesn't have verizon in his area.

4. Feb 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    thebigk

thebigk [OP] 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    Well....I went to WalMart yesterday and they didn't have one I could fiddle with. So I went across the parking lot to Radio Shack. The lady had a 4S on the counter powered up and handed it to me as she explained the features of the phone.

My thoughts.

It seems heavy for it's size.....not in a bad way but like "sturdy".
    I went through alot of the features and it's almost identical to the Ipod touch I have.

The first drawback in my opinion is the screen size. My epic has a humoungous screen compared to the Iphone.
    The 2nd drawback to me was the screen brighness/resolution/clarity I guess you would say. My Epic is bright and almost HD like quality. The Iphone seemed "standard definition"

So after playing with the phone for 5-10 minutes and holding my Epic next to it comparing things.....I've decided for the time being to stick with my Android.
    If Apple comes out with a larger....more immersive screen....Iphone I may very well switch then.

Thanks for all the information....I think both technologies are awesome.....but it came down to personal preference for me.

5. Feb 18, 2012 at 1:02 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Im an Android fan myself and have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. If you are set on an iphone and dont need a replacement right now i would wait for the 5. Should have a larger screen. Thats one of the main things i dont like about them.

6. Feb 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM
    wesb1023

wesb1023 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Westley
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab
    Well, I will be the black sheep and suggest you try a windows phone. I am with us cellular and went from android to windows phone. I have had it for about three weeks and love it!! Using internet explorer is almost exactly like using your desktop PC. Everytime I would go to a website with the android phone I would end up wanting to throw it at the wall! The battery also lasts twice as long.

7. Feb 23, 2012 at 3:12 PM
    magnetic10

magnetic10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    10' SR5 Double Cab 4x4
    Grillcraft black mesh.
    I would spring for the 4s, i just did after having had an Android for the last 3 years. I was currently running a galaxy s and it was very nice as well. However i got tired of random glitches, shutdowns, lockups, etc. with my Samsung. Just picked up my 4s today and i must say im impressed, very smooth.

8. Feb 23, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    ^ This.

If your going to stay on sprint then its pretty dumb to switch to Iphone. Go to AT&T and then bitch about how much they suck as well.

Look into roms, very easy to do,, if you have questions on how to flash them PM me.

9. Mar 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    btuner

btuner <<<<>>>>

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Hendersonville NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Stage III TRD Badge
    Do it and never look back! I have iPhone on sprint and it is MUCH faster than my samsung gal s II that I just got rid of

10. Mar 8, 2012 at 9:48 PM
    iliketurtles

iliketurtles Well-Known Member

Member:
    I didn't read all 3 pages, so idk if the OP already decided or what. I vote for iPhone though. I've had several droids and not very much luck with them. Apple's products have impressed me so far.

11. Mar 8, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    I know this thread is older, but, there is a new bit of info out, Google has dropped Android as a operating system. The Iphone screen is not likely to get bigger by much, if any. It's a phone not a tablet, who in hell can put a Samsung Note in ther pocket.... Please don't say you've got a gay ass belt-clip for your phone.

12. Mar 9, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    I don't think so. It's the most popular phone OS to date. In fact they just announced the name for Android 6.0 a couple of days ago (Key Lime Pie). The only thing I've seen is they changed the name of Android market to Google Play.

Products Discussed in

To Top