1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking of moving to Denver. Need Local input!

Discussion in 'South West' started by Fistgar, May 5, 2010.

1. May 5, 2010 at 2:26 PM
    Fistgar

Fistgar [OP] Off-Road Limo

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport LB 4x4 MGM
    Satoshi grille, painted engine cover, 20% tint on windows, OME 3" Lift, TSB in the rear with ToyTec AAL, , tinted tails, Hella 500's. 1" body lift
    Well, my wife and I are thinking about moving to the Denver area near the end of the year. I'm not really familiar at all with Colorado since I've lived in Kentucky for nearly my entire life. What I would like to know is what are some good areas around Denver? My wife and I both work in the medical field and will be looking to work at one of the larger hospitals in Denver. We prefer living outside of the city though and are looking to keep our commute to around 45 minutes each way. What areas have good schools and which should we avoid? We plan on starting a family soon and this is a major factor for us.

Coming from Kentucky, we obviously enjoy the mountains and easy access to the wilder parts of the state ;). That being said, from what I can see is that the western side is the most beautiful. I know that this a bit of an unusual post but I don't know anybody from your area and I would prefer the opinions of people with interests similar to mine (like playing with tacoma's) ;)

2. May 5, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    Camping, 4x4, redrocks, pikespeak, ski resorts, avs, rockies, nuggets, broncos and oh lodo

3. May 6, 2010 at 2:14 PM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    Southern Denver areas are good suburbs. Littleton, Lone Tree, Highlands Ranch, Parker, those are all pretty nice areas. Aurora has some decent places, but mostly ghettoish (sorry Brandon haha) Mountains are easy to get to. Snow as early as August and as late as July, lost of sunshine. I'm def not leaving Colorado.

4. May 6, 2010 at 2:42 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I lived on the outskirts of Denver mostly in a town called Broomfield. CO is a great place to live and I do miss it a lot.:eek: I was born and raised in Southern Cali and when I went to visit CO, I instantly fell in love with the state!!! I to love the outdoors and the nature of CO. I would def look into moving out there!! If I had any family in CO, I would move back there but all of my family are in CA still.:cool: I did hear that a lot of Californians have moved out that way the past couple of years cause of the economy so I'm sure it has grown a ton.:rolleyes:

5. May 6, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    my wife and i just move to westminster and we love it.

6. May 6, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah Westminster is great too!!!;)

7. May 7, 2010 at 8:33 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    I agree with you danny...I was there this past year in april for about 12 days...i was staying in breckenridge but managed to make my way as far north as denver to visit some friends...

awesome place all in all...tons of stuff to do especially if you enjoy the outdoors...:D

8. May 8, 2010 at 12:39 AM
    Fistgar

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Satoshi grille, painted engine cover, 20% tint on windows, OME 3" Lift, TSB in the rear with ToyTec AAL, , tinted tails, Hella 500's. 1" body lift
    Looks like I will be flying into Denver in the middle of September to start scouting out employment and places to live! Now I just need to get my house here in Kentucky sold!

9. May 8, 2010 at 12:39 AM
    Fistgar

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Looks like I will be flying into Denver in the middle of September to start scouting out employment and places to live! Now I just need to hey my house here in Kentucky sold!

10. May 8, 2010 at 1:23 AM
    mreimann

mreimann Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    '15 double cab Limited
    Icon C/O, Fox 2.0, All Pro Expo 2.0 leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, Airflow snorkel, Custom Built Bed Rack, Pelfrey aluminum front bumper and IFS skid, All Pro aluminum rear bumper, SmittyBuilt winch. RTT
    hmm this thread is going to be very useful to me to.

i'm moving to denver for college, so i need to start reading up on CO

11. May 8, 2010 at 1:33 AM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    When you say outside the city, are you looking for outside the metro area or just not down town and in the suburban area?

I also work in the medical field and all the hospitals here are pretty big.

12. May 8, 2010 at 1:39 AM
    Leadgolem

Leadgolem Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 2.7L 4x4 stick
    Herculiner bed liner, White LED instrument lights, Custom painted hood, Homemade leather steering wheel wrap, Avic u310bt gps stereo, 1.5" bushwacker fender flares, 1.25" bilstein lift front, 1" shackle lift rear, rear bilstein 5100 shocks, ridiculous helper spring lift rear, wet okole seat covers, mutilated exhaust, boom mat under hood
    Weather wise, I would say the Denver area is chronically unstable. This is the only place I've lived where you can get lightning during a snow storm. Or 20 inches of snow in 7 hours, while it's above freezing. That was the middle of april this year.

13. May 8, 2010 at 6:32 AM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    Sweet good luck! I've always lived in the Southern Suburb of Denver but I hear Northern areas such as Brighton, Broomfield are nice places as well.

Where you goin to school at?

14. May 8, 2010 at 6:37 AM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    WTF! did we scare you that bad at the meet? :D

15. May 8, 2010 at 8:46 AM
    mreimann

mreimann Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    '15 double cab Limited
    Icon C/O, Fox 2.0, All Pro Expo 2.0 leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, Airflow snorkel, Custom Built Bed Rack, Pelfrey aluminum front bumper and IFS skid, All Pro aluminum rear bumper, SmittyBuilt winch. RTT
    university of denver

16. May 8, 2010 at 3:40 PM
    Fistgar

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LOL! No, I loved the last meet and will try to make the next one as well! My wife is wanting a change and I'm in need of one as well. This is the one place that we both can agree upon ;)

As for living there. I do not want to live downtown. Pretty much as far as 45 minutes will take me (I like to be able to pee in the backyard and not worry about somebody callin the cops on me). I currently work at a level 2 trauma center with about 468 beds. I'm pretty well equipped to deal even with a level 1 laboratory ;) same for my wife. What hospitals do you think are the better ones to work at and which should I avoid?

17. May 8, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    the springs is pretty much exactly 45min away..but only with no traffic :) i love littleton, my g/f's grandparents live in Arvada which is a pretty nice area as well. personally i've been here in the springs all my life and i absolutely love it

18. May 8, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    bnavin

bnavin Negative Ghostrider

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Littleton, Colorado
    OME lift, driveline spacer, iPod interface, rattle canned center console and radio face flat black, LEER topper, Yakima rack, 20% tint all around
    Highlands Ranch. Best schools in colorado, close to denver, we even have some trails not even 5 min away that are great for mudding

19. May 14, 2010 at 11:53 PM
    06rubi

06rubi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    Debadged, tinted windows, 7 pin relocated, bed lights, 12 volt socket in bed of truck, on board air, auxiliary fuse box, grill craft, hella 500's, t-rex eyelids, pink budbuilt skids, icon remote resi coil over, camburg uca, alcan rear springs, ubolt flip, icon 2.5 remote rear resi shocks
    Might want to check Colorado Springs too. Around 400,000 people with a bit lower cost of living.

20. May 15, 2010 at 12:25 AM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    I lived in Colorado Springs for about 4 years, two before the Air Force and two after. If you're going to live there and work in Denver, make sure your boss understands that once in a while the roads between are closed, and the bus ain't running, and taxis ain't running, and planes ain't flying.....for snow....you're gonna take a day off just 'cause you can't get there from here!

Products Discussed in

To Top