1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking of putting subs in the doors

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by the black pearl, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Nov 9, 2008 at 12:29 PM
    the black pearl

the black pearl [OP] New Member

Member:
    cleveland
    Vehicle:
    4x4 black sr5
    bull bar
    I have an 09 access cab and I’m pretty disappointed that Toyota decided to take the speakers out of the access doors and replace them with little ones in the roof. I’m thinking of putting some small subs in the doors where Toyota had speakers in the older trucks. I don’t think anyone has been doing this maybe foe a good reason , do you guys think this could be possible, would it sound okay?

2. Nov 9, 2008 at 12:46 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD 4x4
    someone on CT had done a setup similar to this but his had speakers in the door and he added subs too...cant remember what his user name was tho :confused:

3. Nov 9, 2008 at 12:50 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD 4x4
  4. Nov 9, 2008 at 12:55 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Yea I want to do something similar for my '08 next year. Though, don't feel like shelling out 400 bones to that guy for them, figure I can probably fab up something myself much cheaper. I'll probably hunt down some new panels at a junk yard first though so when I mess it up bad lol... I'm in the same boat as I don't want to lose cargo area, but want some decent (not competition) bass. I don't need much as I'm primarally rock/metal, but I do listen to some DnB and trance here and there, and just want some cleaner more powerful sound. Of course this means a new HU, new satalights all around as well, probably some dynomatt (forget the company I want though, it's not 'dynomatt'). If you find something else though lemme know. I've seen some boxes that go in the center back.. but you lose the option of opening the seat backs (pita cause I store my tow line, tie downs, jack, ect) or the center console (screw that)!

To Top