1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Third hand smoke

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Evil Monkey, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Jan 3, 2009 at 10:17 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey [OP] There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
  2. Jan 3, 2009 at 10:49 PM
    CheeseWithTaco

CheeseWithTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson, Az
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRun DubCab Lunar
    grrr...
    you dont want this secound hand or third hand smoke going down right now in this room... :cool:-==-~

3. Jan 3, 2009 at 11:02 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    It's not really a downer to me, we're all entitled to our opinions. I'm looking at it more for the intrusion into people's lives aspect. The evidence for 2nd hand smoke causing harm was statistcally dubious. The stats didn't show a link so they went to a lower confidence level so they could say there was a link. Something like this comes along and I can see legislators telling people what they can do even in their own homes/cars/breaks.

4. Jan 3, 2009 at 11:15 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    California is that way. No smoking in bars, restaraunts and even some outdoor parks (Balboa Park in San Diego outlawed smoking). Bums and vagrants set up camp, piss and crap in the bushes in that park but just don't smoke!

5. Jan 3, 2009 at 11:33 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    I'm a smoker. I don't mind some of it and I try to move out of the way or downwind of people grouped together so they don't have to smoke with me. I can see it in restaraunts, hotels, bars and places of heavy public gathering, just set off an area where it's okay (e.g. outside on a patio). It's when it gets absurd or overly intrusive that it bugs me. For those who've never been there, Balboa Park is also bordered by two major San Diego freeways.

6. Jan 5, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    joedirt

joedirt Hallow

Member:
    Ploeśti
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Third hand smoke :rolleyes:

What about the smell in the bathroom 3 stalls down that makes you want to gag? Are they going to find out that breathing in sh*t odor will eventually cause nose and lung cancer?

What about the perfume that some women use? Some of that smells more toxic than mineral spirits.

I stayed at a Marriot in Jersey a couple of years ago that had a no smoking policy. I figured as long as I was on our little balcony and I dumped the ashes and butts in a soda bottle, I was ok. The next day there was a note in our room explaining that there was no smoking allowed anywhere on site except in one spot, out front, down off the side, away from all the rooms. I took great satisfaction in the evenings traipsing thru the lobby to go smoke wearing my pajamas, wife beater and slippers.

Products Discussed in

To Top