1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

This is BS, Im done with Amsoil!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bones308, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 21, 2011 at 6:06 PM
    TacoSport

TacoSport opinions are like assholes; everyones got one.

Member:
    NE
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SSM Sport DCSB w/Tow
    What's not good? M1 EP is good for 15 k miles and I change it before 10k. NP

2. Oct 21, 2011 at 9:25 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Yeah..It's really user friendly.Damn near everything up on top of each page is a link or drop menu.
    :thumbsup: All hale TcBob! :bowdown:

3. Oct 21, 2011 at 9:30 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    John...What's a quart of Amsoil synthetic 5W30 cost? I've never used it and have absolutly no idea...just curious.

4. Oct 21, 2011 at 10:02 PM
    Tarik

Tarik Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego California
    Spidertrax wheel spacers Avid bed rack Avid sliders 285/75/16 BFG KO2 Black vent rings TRD red start button Screen protection ProComp 3.5 lift
    Mobil1.
    'Nuf said.

5. Oct 22, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    Bones308

Bones308 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Casper, WY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4
    2006 Tacoma Double cab TRD V6 4x4 K&N air filter, Flowmaster exhaust 285/75/16 Tires yes its a 6 SPEED!!!
    John Adams - thank you for the reassurance. I trust amsoil, always have, I just over reacted when I posted this thread. Was not sure of the incosistancys that I noticed from one bottle to the other of the same stuff.

I feel better now reading everybodys replys, thanks to all!

6. Oct 22, 2011 at 9:27 AM
    SRQ TACO

SRQ TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma 5lug Lowered & 2008 Tacoma 4x4 Lifted
    So what they use corn oil its just another was to conserve our fossil fuels. Its just like putting 10% ethanol in our gas I think that was a good idea saving 10% more gas with every fillup.

7. Oct 22, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    BlazeTaco

BlazeTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    4.0l 6sp SR5
    TRD Exhaust TRD Filter
    Totally agree with you, thats the problem in this country the government is ran buy the ultra rich and when it comes to helping the common person nothing happens anymore. Now days its for the rich and by the rich. Just like the bailout, to keep the rich, rich and the heck with everyone else.

8. Oct 24, 2011 at 1:47 AM
    Tepidy

Tepidy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    11 tacoma 4x4
    Toytec Coil Overs 3.00" DSM UCA's (Desert Products) TSB 4 Leaf w/AAL by Pro Comp Bilstein 5100 rear 1"ToyTec SwayBar Drops 1" diff drop Detroit Trutrac Rear Diff Nitro 4.56 Gears Doug Thornley Header MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust Custom Built Rear Plate Bumper Custom Built Front Plate Bumper 4X Innovations Rock Sliders ATO Front Skid BAMF Rear Diff Skid Uniden 510XL Pro CB Raceline Renegades BF Goodrich Mud Terrains KM2's 265x75x16 WeatherTechs Rear Diff breather Relocate Intake Resonator Removed Yellow Wire Mod
    Let me know where your getting it from. In the northeast you get hit over the head with the price of amsoil synthetic

9. Oct 24, 2011 at 5:00 AM
    WV150

WV150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Trifecta Tonneau Cover
    Very well said.I wish we had some political leaders with your common sense.People wanted change in 2008 and they got it.Careful what you wish for.

10. Oct 24, 2011 at 6:30 AM
    HMA

HMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hal
    Bainbridge, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '10 Taco Surveying Machine '22 Lunar Rock
    John,
    I've been paying $11 per quart for Signature 0W30 at the local NAPA. Can I get it cheaper elsewhere? Also, your comment about ethanol was well said. There is a lot of corn grown in my area. It sold for record prices this year. Many farmers made a ton of $$. There is also an ethanol plant nearby, (FUEL Inc.). It recently went into bankruptcy. They are blaming it on the high corn prices and trying to get more $$ from the gov't to keep it going. The funny thing is that most of the farmers I know buy non ethanol gas for +- $.25 more per gallon because they know of its ill effects.

11. Oct 24, 2011 at 6:41 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    Funny thing is that long time ago, before ethanol was added to fuel, I used to add it myself. Today I doubt there is single person who will complain about fuel freezing in winter due to water condensation.
    As much as people complain some ethanol in fuel is not all that bad. It actually helps fuel burn little cleaner too. :)

12. Oct 24, 2011 at 1:24 PM
    WV150

WV150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Trifecta Tonneau Cover
    A small amount of ethanol in winter mix may be ok but not year round.

13. Oct 24, 2011 at 1:58 PM
    arrrghhh

arrrghhh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    Custom Front Bumper, Smittybilt XRC-8, 3" OME lift, 33" Falken A/T tires
    Is it just me, or does AMSOIL seem like a scamming MLM company?

I wouldn't support them. Their tales of performance are dubious at best. I've seen 'customers' state that their wife's car ran 300 miles without any oil in it, and the only reason the engine didn't blow was they used AMSOIL. mmmmmhmmmm

14. Oct 24, 2011 at 2:19 PM
    Noly

Noly Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nolan
    Amherst, NS
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Sport Premium DCSB 6MT (MGM)
    I must add that although i have used only sythetic oil (castrol edge, syntec, toyota sythetic) since my 09 4x4 4 banger was new 155000 km ago, I had a huge increase in gas mileage upon switching to Amsoil Signature series 0w20 this past summer. I have recorded my total milage driven on every tank through the truck since new, having never gotten more that 700 km on a tank, until the Amsoil, when my next tank went 880km. There was nothing different about the driving style, speed, or terrain, as I consistently drive the highways of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, @ a cruise set speed of 105km/hour. Thats a 25% increase in fuel economy. Pretty significant I'd say. I'll never go back to using anything but Amsoil.

Whitecloud likes this.
  15. Oct 24, 2011 at 2:38 PM
    arrrghhh

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    Cool story bro. Since no one can independently verify, I guess we'll just take your word as gospel.

If what you say is true, sweet. I'm betting something else changed, but hey, no one can prove that. Regardless, I don't like their business model, and I don't feel I should be supporting any company that embraces a MLM type scheme.

I would hope their products are "just fine". The other outlandish claims I can do without. I don't care what the oil is made of, you're not driving hundreds of miles with NO oil in the motor.

For me, I'm not going out of my way to order something that's "just fine". Enjoy your placebo.

16. Oct 24, 2011 at 3:11 PM
    arrrghhh

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    Agreed, I won't use it.

I'm not trying to start a flame war. I could post many "testimonials" on AMSOIL's site tho, many of which are completely outlandish like the one I mentioned before. Any company who either touts complete BS, or reposts complete BS from their "customers" is not a good company in my eyes. If your product is that good, it will stand up on its own... no need to embellish to the point of being ridiculous.

Not a fan of MLM's either - so even if all the claims were true, I still don't think I'd use it... Just can't support a company like that. My .02.

17. Oct 24, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    Wally

Wally Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario (the metric version)
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD 4x4 6MT 1GR-FE
    There are marketing firms now that utilize social media as tools to increase brand awareness. A common technique is to provoke and stoke debates on forums where pros and cons about a specific product are discussed and the intent is just to promote brand awareness which will help drive sales. John publicly stated that he is an Amsoil dealer (sales rep) but it sure seems like he has an agenda ...

:confused: Why do I feel like I'm in the middle of an Amsoil infomercial?

:cool: Amsoil may be a good synthetic oil but it's still just a product manufactured by a company to generate a profit for it's owners. Their sales & distribution channel is certainly unconventional. I'm with you arrrghhh ... if I was a mod I'd already have banned this guy.

:notsure: Are any of the other TW supporting vendors doing this?

18. Oct 24, 2011 at 4:38 PM
    wlmuncy

wlmuncy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2007 Double Cab Manual 4*4

Why would you ban him just because he stated his opinion of his oil. Let's hope you never become a mod or this forum will get very small from all the banned members leaving for saying what product they prefer which is every thread. He was honest about being a vendor which is more than some people might do.

19. Oct 24, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    :confused: I remember seeing a Castrol commercial many years ago where they supposedly drained the oil out of several engines. Each one had a different brand oil and the one with Castrol kept running after the others had locked up.

20. Oct 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM
    Wally

Wally Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario (the metric version)
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD 4x4 6MT 1GR-FE
    Because he doesn't even own a Tacoma (empty sig)? Because he's an Amsoil sales guy who's sole purpose in joining was to promote Amsoil products and generate sales?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top