1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

This is BS, Im done with Amsoil!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bones308, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    :notsure: how you came out with that theory..
    10% Ethanol does not make 10% drop in performance. 5% is more like truth.
    Honestly if you care about 5% more fuel usage just slow down. At 55 MPH almost half of the fuel burned is used just to push through air, at 70MPH that's 2/3 of fuel. So you can make up ethanol difference just by slowing down few miles per hour.
    I don't like too much ethanol either but sure can appreciate the fact that people can breath in the middle of Broadway St in NYC.

2. Oct 24, 2011 at 5:20 PM
    wlmuncy

wlmuncy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2007 Double Cab Manual 4*4

Maybe you are right, but an empty sig does not mean he does not own a Tacoma. There are also many tundra and FJ's but still hang on this forum. He still has not broken any rules which any mod should use to ban anyone.

3. Oct 24, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I'm curious how exactly this is a BAD thing?? It's a forum, full of folks who like to talk trucks and squeeze every ounce of performance from them (in most cases).
    The dude is an effing genius for trying to drum up some business-I haven't heard a single one of the secret, gimmicky lines from a MLM scheme. They sell oil..If you want to be a dealer, You can sign up. That's the way being a "licensed dealer" works.

The discussion about his motives is over. He is a dealer...For the folks who use AMSOIL already or think the want to try it-He might be able to get them a deal. For the folks who don't want to...well...Don't.

4. Oct 24, 2011 at 6:49 PM
    arrrghhh

arrrghhh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    Custom Front Bumper, Smittybilt XRC-8, 3" OME lift, 33" Falken A/T tires
    Evidently you haven't read their testimonials.

Right off the front page:

http://www.amsoil.com/testimonials/Trucking/Hans-Rishell.aspx

Here's the skinny:

"This lead him to conclude his vehicle had been out of oil for nearly 24 miles on the way home the previous night, and had warmed up and returned 31 miles to the job site that day without any oil in the sump!"

C'mon.

Also, I don't hear Amway spout MLM stuff directly, but they are very much an MLM company. I suggest you look into companies before making assumptions...

Unless AMSOIL has changed their ways (highly doubtful), it is an MLM scheme behind the oil sales/'distributor' setups.

5. Oct 24, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    I've been using Amsoil products for the past couple years and I'm looking forward to having a resident "expert" in regards to their product line and hopefully competitive pricing.

6. Oct 25, 2011 at 7:47 AM
    buddywh1

buddywh1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philly PA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC SR5 4x4
    Perhaps plugging his product openly in one of the Vendor or Shopping forums would better serve his purpose.

Doing this stuff just makes him look like he's shilling it like a snake oil salesman at the county fair.

7. Oct 25, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    wlmuncy

wlmuncy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2007 Double Cab Manual 4*4
    This is a Amsoil thread and he is saying why he likes Amsoil. Seems like the appropriate place to do that. If folks don't want to hear about Amsoil they should avoid topics where the title is Amsoil.

Now if the topic was Mobile 1 for the MFW, and he was talking about how Amsoil was the bomb and Mobile 1 was for loser posers, then you might have an argument.

8. Oct 25, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Perhaps this is the perfect place for talking about making a direct line to AMSOIL available-The OP had some issues and dealers will sometimes have some better contacts/direct communications with the company. That could help the OP.
    Other folks who have feelings on AMSOIL will certainly read this thread...So it's a good place for him to post his contact information and dealer status for them.

Seems like a couple people have a burr in their knickers about AMSOIL or this guys opinions and are determined to derail this thread and bash that guy. I will grant-AMSOIL does appear to be an MLM....I never said they weren't. I just said they don't come with all the bullshit like most MLMs.

The statement "The discussion about his motives as a dealer is over" was NOT a suggestion. So stop it.

9. Oct 25, 2011 at 9:00 AM
    arrrghhh

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    I have nothing against the individual who is drumming up business, obviously trying to make a buck - who isn't? I just want people to be aware of his business' practices. I like making informed decisions as a consumer, and IMHO so should everyone else.

10. Oct 25, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    Tepidy

Tepidy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    11 tacoma 4x4
    Toytec Coil Overs 3.00" DSM UCA's (Desert Products) TSB 4 Leaf w/AAL by Pro Comp Bilstein 5100 rear 1"ToyTec SwayBar Drops 1" diff drop Detroit Trutrac Rear Diff Nitro 4.56 Gears Doug Thornley Header MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust Custom Built Rear Plate Bumper Custom Built Front Plate Bumper 4X Innovations Rock Sliders ATO Front Skid BAMF Rear Diff Skid Uniden 510XL Pro CB Raceline Renegades BF Goodrich Mud Terrains KM2's 265x75x16 WeatherTechs Rear Diff breather Relocate Intake Resonator Removed Yellow Wire Mod
    thanks john

11. Oct 26, 2011 at 5:38 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Mentioning that you are a dealer and can provide "wholesale" (was the term I think you used) prices is trying to drum up business...and that's okay.
    You aren't stealing any business from a any other vendors (I don't think) and if you've PM'd tCBob about becoming a vendor..even better!

12. Oct 26, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    Wally

Wally Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario (the metric version)
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD 4x4 6MT 1GR-FE
    Not cynical ... 14 yrs as a pre-sales engineer left me smart enough to not take any marketing material and statements at face value. I'm intimately aware of how sales channels work, how products are marketed, and the mentality and motivation of sales reps.

I've seen some that are exceptional at bringing together products and people that need them and their salaries reflect that skill. I've also seen the other end of the spectrum.

The content and delivery of the messaging is what makes someone credible.

Good luck with your prospecting.

13. Oct 26, 2011 at 5:14 PM
    arrrghhh

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    You are drumming up business, and as the mods say there's nothing wrong with that - you're here to make a buck, and a place like this is a gold mine for folks like you. So no need to be sheepish.

Also, I'm not being cynical. I was being factual. Did no one notice that I pulled that quote right off your own (AMSOIL's own) website? I'm not just making stuff up here to ruin AMSOIL. They're doing it all on their own with the outlandish claims and dubious business practices.

I wish you well, but the company you represent... I can't say so much for them.

14. Oct 26, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    Gyprat

Gyprat Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4 cyl, SR5, Manual
    This is exactly what I was thinking while reading this thread. Someone carefully opened the bottles without breaking the seals and put their used oil into them.

I've been using Amsoil synthetic in my 1600 cc motorcycle with great success. It's hard to believe how much difference good oil can make. I've tried other leading brands but Amsoil is the absolute best. My bike runs quieter, cooler and shifts through gears very smoothly.
    I joined their members club to get better pricing. They sell good filters too.

15. Oct 31, 2011 at 12:33 AM
    Leer

Leer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 4x4
    I just changed flushed my trans with Amsoil and couldn't be happier! I was having issues with hard shifting after the trans get warmed up (30 mins of driving or so) and with only 33k miles on the truck it didn't seem normal to me at all. After the flush it seems that it's almost completely gone.

Out of the 14 qts I bought, the all smelled that same and seemd to have the soem consitancy (sp?).

16. Oct 31, 2011 at 1:57 AM
    JRob33

JRob33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    '10 White Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    I ran it in my last couple of race quads and couldn't be more pleased with the how it lubricated my motors. My topends/cylinders where always in great shape and the oil analysis proved that the bottom end was also holding up very well. I also ran it in my trucks with no complainst whatsoever. I was very fortunate to have been sponsored by and independent dealer so I got everything for free. On top of the engine oils, they had the best chain lube I have used. The stuff would not fling off and after giving several cans to buddies they made the switch. All in all, I've had not but good experiences with all Amsoil products and will continue to use them in the future as a preferred customer.

17. Oct 31, 2011 at 8:30 AM
    arrrghhh

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    So JRob33 is pretty much an employee (he gets their stuff for free).

Leer, I'm guessing is also somehow affiliated with the company.

Is there anyone here that doesn't have a vested interested in promoting AMSOIL? I'm really sick of these outlandish claims.

I guess it doesn't matter, I don't plan on using it because the company is such an atrocity... but the claims are just maddening. "It made me poop gold!" Great...

18. Oct 31, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    arrrghhh

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    Evidently it's not sold anywhere. Some buddies have used it, meh. They didn't say it made magical unicorns out of their engine blocks as others have stated. It's oil. It's not a miracle.

You actually believe you can drive 60+ miles with NO oil in the pan or motor? This is one of many outlandish claims on your public website that simply cannot be true. I can't support a company that so boldly lies. I'm also not a fan of MLM's, but we've been over that as well.

19. Oct 31, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe They are more like guide lines.

Member:
    All Over
    Vehicle:
    Silver and simple
    Non
    OP-
    If you have any concerns that it may be off, I would not leave it in the engine. I am not too sure why there would be that kind of difference in the same oil, even though they may constantly change the formula, it should not have that much variation, it seems a bit much. I would call or email them, I have had great luck reaching one of the engineers over there to discuss another oil related topic. From what I hear their oil is great so this just sounds like maybe a mistake at best.. Good luck, keep us posted. JOE>

20. Oct 31, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    JRob33

JRob33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    '10 White Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    I ran it before I became sponsored which led me to the sponsorship and I'm no longered sponsored by them. A few months ago I decided to get the preferred customer deal so that I could get their products somewhat discounted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top