1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

This may or may not be possible (regarding access cab seating)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WVUtacoma, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Feb 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    WVUtacoma

WVUtacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Morgantown
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Work in Progress
    BHLM WeatherTech Floor Mats Black LED Tail lights K&N Air Filter Satoshi Grille - "Toyota" Emblem Tacoma OEM seat covers AVH-3200BT Pioneer Touchscreen DVD/Blu-Tooth/Navigation System
    I know the Access Cab seats in 2005-2008 are absolutely terrible and uncomfortable if you have to sit back there. I also know Toyota redesigned these seats for 2009+ (I think that's the right year).

Would it be possible to install the newer seats on a 2008 model? I've never seen the design of the new ones up close so I'm not exactly sure how they're attached.

Any insight or guidance from someone more knowledgeable would greatly be appreciated!!

Thanks. :)

2. Feb 16, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    GuapOh

GuapOh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4 MT
    Skid Plate, Hood Protector, Wheel Locks, Snugtop XV, Yakima Rack, Weathertechs, Sick Speed Shifter, Avid Bumper, Avid Sliders, Bilstien 5100's, TSB Spring packs
    Keep what you got. Unless you are a child, the seats for all years of ACs are rubbish. Yours actually has more functionality because they fold flat. The later models do not fold into a flat surface because of the damn center console.

3. Feb 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    Toytruckmike

Toytruckmike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Amarillo, Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport AC 6sp 4x4 Gone:18 TRD Sport 4x4 double cab. Cement
    Not much on the 07 yet. 18 is gone, but was a greata truck. TRD Pro grill, Gator FX3, Homelink mirror, Black out badges & exhaust tip, Remote start. Future TRD exhaust, skid plate.
    Yup,
    I looked at the modified access cab seats and was not impressed. They definitely were not any more comfortable.
    Just not room for a comfortable seat and legs back there.
    Cheers
    Michael

4. Feb 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    whiteboy

whiteboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD sport
    Kings, alcans, 33's blah blah read my build thread in sig
    If anyone sits in my back seats I usually tell them to sit sideways so they have more leg room. The seats suck :( I would rather keep the '05-'08 because you can fold them out flat if you want to store crap back there.

5. Feb 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    In high school I had a buddy who was 6"5 who sat in the back to and from school everyday. He sat sideways, never figured out how he was comfortable back there but he never complained.

I keep my rear seats folded flat now. I almost never have a passenger in the rear, and having the seats flat makes it perfect for the dog.

Besides, its not really the seats that are the problem in the back, its the absolute lack of room. I can't imagine those redesigned seats being any better comfort wise than what I've got.

6. Feb 16, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    Access seats just plain suck!
    We didn't get them for anyone to sit on, but for more in cab room, to slide the front seats back farther and some of the xtras that don't come with the Reg Cab.

7. Feb 16, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    sydwayz04

sydwayz04 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    belgrade
    Vehicle:
    11 acc. cab sr5 white
    stero system, couple subs, dwreck sliders, shackel flip, long travel air bags, h.i.d.'s, and some other cool stuff
    i have all my stock rear seats, belts, rear head rests, floor matts, and center consol out of my 11 if u want them, i took them out the first day i got it, let me know,

Products Discussed in

To Top