1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

This pissed me off, and normally I don't care.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by DEEVON911, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Oct 6, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    jivewalker

jivewalker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    2012 4RUNNER TE w/KDSS, 2017 LAND CRUISER
    The guy with the sticker. The OP is not freaking out, not sure where that is coming from.

2. Oct 6, 2011 at 9:25 AM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    I should have chosen my words better, see my post above yours ^^

3. Oct 6, 2011 at 9:27 AM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    You can not let what someone else thinks or thinks you should give a crap about enough to put stickers on their cars.

I saw a fellow driving a dodge truck advertising his detail bizznizz in large letters on the back window, along with his Calvin pizzing on the Ford on one side and Chevy on the other.
    Brilliant, just pizz away two mfgs. vehicals you may have had a chance to do work for.

Don't let stuff like this bug you!

4. Oct 6, 2011 at 9:29 AM
    jivewalker

jivewalker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    2012 4RUNNER TE w/KDSS, 2017 LAND CRUISER

saw them, after i posted...it's all good. I will say that the wording on the sticker makes a personal attack on anyone that reads it and is driving a foreign vehicle with a flag on it. Not too smart to mass attack people blindly. Probably some kid who just thinks it's cool.

5. Oct 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    True
    No offence really, just wondered if you where just trying to :stirthepot:. With that said. I did say I wanted to chase him down, but I didn't. I really just wanted to share how much of an asshole this guy was by having a sticker like that on his "American" truck. Specially for it to say "his" flag. It just bothered me that he thinks he is so American that it was his flag to say that about.

LOL, I'm going to carry history books in my truck for the next time a see him, and wing them at him and his truck! That will learn him! Right?!

6. Oct 6, 2011 at 9:35 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    I know, but that did. And come on Calvin pissing on anything is funny! Right?! Ok not really. Played out!
    This is probably true! Also I proudly have an American flag on my foreign vehicle.

7. Oct 6, 2011 at 9:35 AM
    sprocketdog

sprocketdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Halifax Pa
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco 96 Taco 06 TSX 94 extra cab Hilux
    DR coilovers, Camburg UCAs, Dakar rear springs, Bilstien 5150s, Demello sliders, rear plate bumper w/ swing gate, and alot more mods. [IMG]http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd368/sprocketdog1/059.jpg[/IMG]
    Just and FYI our toyotas see more than just Cali.

TMMWV manufactures 4-cylinder and V6 engines for our operations in Indiana and Canada.* The West Virginia plant also produces automatic transmissions and gears for plants in Kentucky, Indiana and Canada.
    Established:
    Current Investment:
    $1.0 billion
    Employment:
    Address:
    Toyota Motor Manufacturing, West Virginia, Inc.
    1 Sugar Maple Lane
    Buffalo, WV 25033

8. Oct 6, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    JustinL

JustinL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Berlin, CT
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD OffRoad DCSB Pyrite Mica
    2012 Conversion
    Another thing to think about - it's a bumper sticker. They're sometimes meant to get a rise out of people.

"My kid beat up your honor student"
    "Your GF said I'm big"
    "If you can read this then get off my ass"

Those are lame, but you get the point.

9. Oct 6, 2011 at 9:55 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    Great info. Thanks.
    Good point.
    LOL, ok what if a hottie had it on her car. Would you ask her about it?

10. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:10 AM
    ericb

ericb I'm a very neat monster

Member:
    First Name:
    Dexter
    surface of the sun
    Vehicle:
    Truck So Good
    Was it one of them Dodges made by the german owned chrysler or the italian owned chrysler?

11. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:13 AM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    And don't forget the classic "If I wanted a Hummer, I'd call your wife"
    I've seen that on a Jeep before

12. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:22 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.

[​IMG]

13. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    Yes, but because its lame:Dj/k

14. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    Thats actually kind of funny. But I guess that would piss a guy off if he was married to a whore.

15. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    ILLINOISTACOMAGUY

ILLINOISTACOMAGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darryl
    ILLINOIS
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5 SPORT
    WeatherTech Digital floor mats front and rear. Ventvisors, Hood protector, Towing package, Bed tiedowns, Wheel to Wheel steps,

That is a very interesting and enlightening article. Thanks for shareing:)

16. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    ILLINOISTACOMAGUY

ILLINOISTACOMAGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darryl
    ILLINOIS
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5 SPORT
    WeatherTech Digital floor mats front and rear. Ventvisors, Hood protector, Towing package, Bed tiedowns, Wheel to Wheel steps,

Funny shit :)

17. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    rbishopp

rbishopp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD Reg cab Taco. Keepin it simple.
    So far I've added an Advance folding bed cover and since removed it. Gave it to my son in Maine, he has an 05 2wd. GT perfect fit seat covers. Weathertech floor mats and window vent visors. Waag center brush/grill guard. Hose clamp tailgate mod. Turned off the seat belt chime. Added Ultra-Gauge. Trailer hitch. Softopper. Replaced sun visors with slide out style. Toyota bed extender. Had Firestone Destinations and now Michelin LTX AT2 in stock size. More mods to come; Fog lights, locking storage in bed, intermittent wipers. Now looking for Radio/HU upgrade. and maybe a lift way down the road.
    Ignorance can fixed but stupid is forever.

I nearly got fired for that one. My boss didn't appreciate it. :D

I read the stickers on peoples cars and trucks and wonder why they took the time to put them on. I don't get pissed about them but I do wonder what that person would do when they had to stand up and defend the BS they are spewing.
    I have one son who is very laid back and nothing much bothers him. His two brothers are very racial but not sexist. ????
    Not sure where they get it because their mother and I are very much not racial or sexist. They picked it up someplace ??? School I guess.
    My GFs daughter is very political. Real commie liberal (as I call it) but since starting college this fall she is thinking more before she starts sounding off in uninformed media driven trash. Nice to see someone actually learning. Whether I agree with her or not she is at least taking more time to think first.

:cheers:

18. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    Agree.

19. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    Tacoma206

Tacoma206 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White 4WD
    Reading this thread made me think of what my little cousin asked me about a month ago at our family reunion. He is from Dallas and is 12 years old, and he asked what kind of car I had and I told him I drive a truck. He said, "oooh, which kind? Ford, Chevy, GMC, or Dodge?" I laughed and said Toyota. He said "YOU DRIVE AN IMPORT!?". I told him most toyotas are made in America by americans, so in a way it supports our economy. He thought all foreign brand cars were made overseas and shipped into the country. He just didn't know, and was a little uneducated on the issue. I got a good laugh out of it.

The guy in the truck the OP is talking about is a most likely a little uneducated as well. Too bad he can't justify it by proving he is the same age as my little cousin :D

20. Oct 6, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    LOL, great story. Funny how kids can have a such a strong opinion on what they hear the parents say mostly.

Products Discussed in

To Top