1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

This Sh#t Really Pisses Me Off

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by dysfunctnlretard, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Nov 19, 2009 at 9:13 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    As far as the search goes- If he was suspected of a crime (which he was) there is cause for the police to search his room. They can detain you, search while you are not there, or remove you from the space based on safety concerns.

As far as the baton- I believe it was overkill. There are better, less physically harmful methods. But the guy WAS resisting....When the cop clearly tells you "Get on your stomach" and you try to go get your glasses...You ARE RESISTING. As sterotypical as it is- What are a lot of little asian guys good at??? Shit like KungFu, karate, and Hapkido. I'm not going to go close enuf to find out if that guy is a 5th level black belt or a scrawny kid.

I've been in/seen/done a LE demonstration with one small subject is given a 100 dollar bill or a "fake bomb" and given instructions on how to hold it. I then had three or four students work together to try and get the item from the person. Out of 10 or 12 demos....0 succeeded most tried for about a minute before it got dangerous to the subject and trainees. I was then able to use a technique and with one partner get my money back.

Are there better techniques that the police could have used...Yes. Are they trained in them...I have no idea. Should the moron have stopped what he was doing and complied.....Yes-LONG before he was pushed or struck or tazed.

2. Nov 19, 2009 at 9:14 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    No, 2 guys beat him, 1 guy tases him & the fourth blocks the camera or arrests the camera holder for inteference.

3. Nov 19, 2009 at 9:32 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i read that but didn't see more than 2 in the video. but it reminds me of when i was arrested. i thought i was being punked. cop told me to put my hands on the hood, which i did. then he just sat there with his hand on his gun (he did not pull his gun). we just sat there for about 15 seconds. i finally said.... "so... what do i do?" and he just yelled at me not to move or talk and that he was waiting for back up. the next thing i know another cop car comes squealing up. once the second cop is there the first one cuffed me and started talking to me. i kep thinking "someone is pranking me" or "i must match the description of someone who robbed a gas station or something" i kept thinking, "this is a mistake". it reminded me of something off of super troopers, like they were being overly harsh as a joke. but nope, a cop stopped me for walking and waited until he had back up to cuff me. granted, i was much more muscular then and with a shaved head i look like a skin head but it still didn't warrant that kind of response.

not being in LE, i cant argue the legal points of the search intelligently, so i just wont argue at all. seems to me that looking for your glasses should not be classified as "resisting" and certainly doesn't justify the abuse seen in the video. for the record i normally side with cops but this just seemed excessive to me. but we've always gotten along in the past and arguing isn't worth making enemies so i'll just say this is a situation where we agree to disagree. the last thing i will say is this.... "did you see the pics of that kid? kung foo? come on! at best he knows some moves on Tekken :p"

4. Nov 19, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I've seen some shit in my days man- I don't take anyone for granted and I have it firmly stuck in my head that I will do everything I have to in order to get home to my family at night. And not following directions is resisting- There are levels of resisting to be met with proper levels of compliance compelling procedures.
    I agree...The batons were a bit over the top. At this point- You are right. Agree to disagree...and see what the courts say about it.

5. Nov 19, 2009 at 9:59 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
  6. Nov 19, 2009 at 10:29 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    i will be interested to see how things pan out in court. should be interesting

7. Nov 19, 2009 at 10:39 AM
    thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    I have run into some cops that are totally cool and there are definitely some of the power hungry ones. I had a guy pull me over once because I was doing like three over (i didnt even realize) and the one of the first things he starts talkin about is me being a rich white kid ( which im not) and that he was going to impound my car. Douchebag. Another time I got pulled over at 1 in the morning for doing 75 in a 55 work zone, though I didnt know it was and the guy just told me to slow it down and be careful. There are all types out there.

8. Nov 19, 2009 at 11:00 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    yeah, and thats why i dont have a problem with cops in general. 3 of my good friends are cops so i know what they go through. and all 3 of them are the good kind who are cool with you as long as you are not fucking something up. but there are that handful of asshole cops that ruin the reputation of all of the rest. unfortunately the good ones rarely make the headlines, but the bad ones always make them

9. Nov 19, 2009 at 12:27 PM
    thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    That is so true. If they are doing fine then who cares, but as soon as they step over a boundary, regardless of size, they blow up in the news.

10. Nov 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X10000!

And there's a problem with that? Where can I sign up?
    X100!

11. Nov 19, 2009 at 5:18 PM
    lopedogg

lopedogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    '12 TACO TRD
    LOL!!!! what a fun topic! This is more entertainment then I should be allowed to have:D:D.. I think most of started when I mentioned the "short man syndrome" This is why I love TW..get to listen to whole kinds of good stuff. Maybe we should start a thread on Obama winning the Nobel peace prize! that would stir up some stuff, politics are hilarious to listen to.:)

12. Nov 19, 2009 at 5:22 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    And they also aren't allowed on TW.

13. Nov 19, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,

All my experiences have been good ones, fortunately. I got pulled over going 58 in a 40 at midnight on a deserted street and got off with a warning :p. Agreed though, I've seen many others who aren't so lenient.

14. Nov 19, 2009 at 5:56 PM
    shook0002

shook0002 "The Fuzz"

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Philly
    Vehicle:
    '08 Doublecab 4X4 SR5
    If you do what they say, you won't get your ass kicked.

15. Nov 19, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2...

16. Nov 19, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    maxboostcore

maxboostcore Well-Known Member

Member:
    SOCAL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Does anyone remember how the L.A. riots happened? It was because on video, it seem that the cops were using excessive force on Rodney King. From the video it looked like the cops were just using Rodney King as a human pinata because he was just laying there (sound familiar) taking a beating from officers who were telling him to lay on his stomach. The news played the video and the whole community was outraged. The cops went to trial and were later found not guilty. Prosecutor's main evidence was the video, however, the defendants also used the video for evidence. The defendants played the first 13 seconds of the video tape that the news didn't play which shows Rodney King running towards the cops until the initial use of force. I believe the cops first shot his with a taser (it didn't work) so they shot him again which didn't work again. The one thing that took Rodney King down was when he charged at the officers and one of the LAPD cops hit him with baton. The guy that hit Rodney King with a baton was an LAPD officer that needed additional training in the baton because he "didn't hit hard enough." Very interesting to see people voice their opinion but like so many on this thread has said, cops are humans too. Like Joe in the hills said "it's better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6."

In my opinion, the person was warned not to follow the cops. The person decided to refuse the cops' orders. The person pulled a knife on his room mates before. The person was told what to do while on the ground. The person didn't do what he was told to do while on the ground. If the cops would have gotten hurt because they didn't use force, people would be saying I would have hit the guy until he followed my orders. What should the cops do?

17. Nov 19, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    just listen to the cops, they wont stop until you do they are gay like that

18. Nov 19, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    :notsure:

19. Nov 19, 2009 at 7:21 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,

lol. I don't know either man..

20. Nov 19, 2009 at 8:13 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    misdirected anger, had a bad day needed to vent
    :rant: over

Products Discussed in

To Top