1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Those of you who have had the Spring TSB

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Veinguy, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Feb 8, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    Veinguy

Veinguy [OP] Done, Retired from here :)

Member:
    First Name:
    Roy
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2009 Black Tacoma
    Sport Hood ARE LSII Lid Flowmaster Dual Exhaust Airaid CAI Airaid TBS 3" Revteck Lift Tires & Rims Billet Grille Insert Blue LED Dome Light Redline Quicklift Debadged Luminics blue bulbs in the headlights and Fogs N-Fab lightbar Hella 500 x 4 Wet Okole's Blk/Char Weathertec Mats Extra's sshhhhh!
    How's the ride, is there an appreciable difference in the ride quality? Are you glad you did it? Any complaints? Thanks in advance for your input, if there is already a thread for this I apologize for wasting space.

2. Feb 8, 2010 at 12:16 PM
    IndigoTaco

IndigoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab Sport 4x4
    If you use your truck as a truck like I do......do it. If not, then it doesn't really matter unless you want about 1.5-1.75" of lift in the back. I didn't notice any difference in ride quality, maybe a hair stiffer.

3. Feb 8, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    Simon2150

Simon2150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 SR5
    It rode a bit stiffer. IMO, if you're still under warranty and are eligible to get it done, then do it. Think about it, you're getting new suspension parts, how bad could it be? If you're a TRD, you'll at least get a new 4 leaf pack for the back and if you're an SR5, you'll also get upgraded bilstein shocks.

4. Feb 8, 2010 at 12:21 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
  5. Feb 8, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    If you plan on using your truck as a truck, at one point or another, do it.

I couldn't carry my quad and 4 people in my truck without it hitting the bump stops at times. Now i can carry the same weight without hitting the bump stops.
    The ride is just about the same but it does feel a little stiffer (in a good way).

The only negative I see is that if you're not planning on lifting the front end, it's going to leave you with a not so good looking rake.

6. Feb 8, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    RedOlaf

RedOlaf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 DBL CAB TRD
    Bilstein 5100s, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Anthracite TRD Wheels
    I agree with IndigoTaco: if you like the ride now and don't really load up the bed or tow or don't really want a lift stay with what you got. However, if you do carry loads like I do sometimes from Lowe's or Home Depot that are over 750 pounds you should do it. The ride is firmer, less squishy and wobbly with weight. Now I feel like I can actually throw a ton weight in the bed with no problem.

I think overall it feels like a stronger TRUCK with the TSB service done. Say "TRUCK" like the guy in the Tundra commercials.

7. Feb 8, 2010 at 12:28 PM
    ASH

ASH Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Off Road
    SnugTop Rebel Shell, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, Rear TSB, BFG A/T KO 265/75/16, Tranny TSB, WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Debadged (Sides), Black Badges (Tailgate), Avid Off Road Sliders, TRD Shoulder Pads, Factory Color-Matched Grille w/Blacked-Out Emblem
    Had the TSB done and added 5100's and it rides great. It definitely doesn't feel like driving a car like it did when it was stock but it feels like a truck should.

8. Feb 8, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    Joe in the hills

Joe in the hills Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Cleveland, SC
    Vehicle:
    Timberline Mica SR5 TRD Offroad Towing Pk
    TJM Bull Bar Bumper, 7100 Bilstiens on FE, 4 Leaf Spring Retro
    IMHO, barely perceptively change in ride, might be a tad more noticable in freezing weather than a warm day.

Don't mind that it's a little higher in the rear end either.

Glad that I got it done, especially the lagging Trany TSB.

From start to finish it took the dealership 3-1/2 hrs to do both.

9. Feb 8, 2010 at 2:14 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    The ride to me seemed to change for the better. Seems before I felt every little bump. With the TSB I don't seem to notice the little stuff as much and the bigger bumps are handled with ease. Ken

Products Discussed in

To Top