1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thoughts about resqme keychain

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Claudiomartinof, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Feb 27, 2018 at 5:06 PM
    Gunshot-6A

Gunshot-6A Prime Beef

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad
    Cop friend taught me this: If you need to break a car window, you can unscrew the radio antenna, hold the antenna flat against the window, pry back the end, and let go. Aim for the corner of the window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100CKdZMyQw

2. Feb 27, 2018 at 5:46 PM
    dnlskier

dnlskier Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17' TRD SPORT MT
    This works, but not to many cars have antennas any more. Anyway, I have done this n training and it works well on side windows

3. Feb 27, 2018 at 5:49 PM
    Gunshot-6A

Gunshot-6A Prime Beef

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad
    True...but my 2nd gen does, plus a ham, and maybe a CB sometime...

He always aims for the little triangle windows if he has to bust em for a pet / kid because they may or may not be the most expensive to replace... :anonymous:

4. Feb 27, 2018 at 5:57 PM
    Miami Chillin

Miami Chillin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
    Maybe you could remove the head rest and break the window with the rods?

5. Feb 27, 2018 at 6:07 PM
    D1gger

D1gger Member

Member:
    I have mine zip tied loosely to my rearview mirror. That way I or my passenger can easily reach it.

6. Feb 27, 2018 at 11:37 PM
    COSTCOHOTDOG

COSTCOHOTDOG Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB 6MT
    That's a pretty neat trick, I'll have to remember that one.

7. Feb 28, 2018 at 10:31 PM
    OregontoBajaCA

OregontoBajaCA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017DCLBOR
    From a paper written by the NHTSA about a decade ago, approximately 1% of vehicle deaths per year are attributed to drowning.
    The years looked at were 2004 through 2007. Under 400 drownings per year.

Also not every car that ends up in the water results in a drowning. Some people are able to escape the vehicle. Not every vehicle that ends up in water is completely submerged.

Not all vehicles land right-side up in water. Many vehicles land upside down and submerged.

Some vehicles land right-side up or upside down in narrow drainage trenches and creeks or rivers and swamps where one cannot open the passenger doors because of either deformity of body panels from damage or because the doors are now blocked by dirt, vegetation, rocks, branches or silt on the sides of the trench, creek, channel or swamp into which the vehicle tires or roof have quickly sunk.

It’s a sad thing to see. Being upside down in the dark and unable to escape is a bad situation.

Some people may be dead before they drowned due to injury or illness.

Exiting through a side window is one way to get out if it’s possible to roll it down or break it while right-side up.

Exiting from a back window is an option if side windows are blocked while upside down, and it’s possibly easier in a station wagon or hatchback, but may be difficult in a sedan or pickup with a canopy or shell depending on how the vehicle is positioned against soil or other objects.

Average deaths per year in vehicles in the United States has hovered in the range of 30 to 40,000/year for many years, and it has been dropping since the 1960’s.

Landing in water happens more than one might think, especially in parts of the country that are hilly or have a lot of lakes, swamps, rivers, creeks and drainage trenches and channels and see a lot of rainfall.
    In some areas, drivers utilize a lot more water overpasses and bridges than imagined.

Millions of people are injured in vehicle accidents every year in the U.S., with over 400 billion in property damage in 2016.

Vehicles end up on roofs, in trees, pools, homes, buildings, at the bottom of boat ramps, on top of other vehicles, underneath trucks, on top of people, in water and in many other positions every day.

If you look at worldwide figures of vehicle deaths and injuries, the numbers are massive.

If you are conscious and under water in a vehicle, a glass break tool could be a good item to have.

Otherwise, you could be one of the 1% of all vehicle deaths from drowning per year. **it happens.
    AE12BEBD-D835-4297-9432-3B0619D245A6.jpg 10A6E27B-F96E-414A-8CFE-13500A2C22C0.jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  8. Mar 1, 2018 at 5:46 AM
    Wedge

Wedge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Yves
    Kebekistan
    Vehicle:
    17 OR DCSB MGM
    Bestop supertop Bronze Method roost 255/80/17 toyo open country RT Interior LED XenonPro HID low beam
    I have one i used it a couple times at work. I recommend it to everyone but in a very bright orange because at night in a car crash you'll have trouble finding the black one.

Products Discussed in

To Top