1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thoughts about taking time off from school

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by deadbolt, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Jun 1, 2010 at 9:30 AM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    Stay in school...as people have pointed out here...there's a good chance you won't make it back and a even greater chance you'll regret it. You could always just get a general business degree and do pretty much anything after that.

2. Jun 1, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    my advice, is this, do not spend the time or money getting a degree if you aren't sure you want to do it. i wanted to be a counselor ever since middle school. i got my BS in psychology. then i spent a year at a psych hospital trying to get some experience to help me get into a good grad school. after a year i decided i never wanted anything to do with psychology again. now i'm paying off debt for a degree i dont use and dont want. if you are having doubts, its better to stop and look around and get your bearings instead of just blindly pushing forward. plus, there are perks to taking time off. you can work and save money (thats what i did between my tech school and clemson). all i can say, is try not to let your brain turn to mush. sodoku, or just reading or brain age on the nintendo DS. anything other than just tv and hanging out. if you dont keep your brain alert you'll struggle when you do end up going back. as for graduating later than your friends, big deal. i made fun of all my buddies that had long college careers but i was extremely jealous. college is way better than the real world, dont rush to get out

Products Discussed in

To Top