1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

thoughts at 12k miles

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blueridge, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Feb 22, 2010 at 12:32 PM
    Blueridge

Blueridge [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Turned 12,000 on my 2009 DCLB. My thoughts good and bad: on the positive side- great looks, great in the deep snow, Toyota quality & longevity (I hope...) very good performance.
    negative side- engine ticking (sounds like a sewing machine), poor fuel economy , poor interior lighting features, mirror switch inconvenient and not illuminated, ugly seat material, silver bling dash.

Overall I wish I would have kept my 06 Tundra- more spacious interior, better ride, same if not better fuel economy.

Not a bad truck, but I don't think it's a keeper...
    standing by :)

2. Feb 22, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    MachoTaco10

MachoTaco10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport

the 06' tundra is the whimpiest full size truck made, no balls, nimble but cheese dick front end, the epitomy of why american full size trucks are the kings. As for the Tacoma, no other mid size truck compares. The new tundras have made dramatic steps forward but still not quite tops in the full size department.

3. Feb 22, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    Blueridge

Blueridge [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeaaaaaahhhhhh. Give it a year, then weigh back in ;)
    You have a 2010, of course you love it....now.

4. Feb 22, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    - Getcha a TRD exhaust and CAI...you won't complain about the way the engine sounds after that.

- Interior lighting is perfect if you have the Interior LED package installed which lights up the front floorboards, cupholders, center console. I have no complaints in the interior lighting.

- The fact that some of the dash controls (mirror switch, FUCKING 4X4 KNOB, etc) aren't illuminated boggles my mind as well. Planting LEDs behind these things in factory would've added, what, $100 to the final price of the truck, tops? If you're in it for 25-30k, whats another 100?

- Seat fabric and dash aesthetics are your taste. I like the dash and interior surfaces from factory. I did throw WOs in there though just to keep her in like-new condition.

Maybe because the first gen tundras were mid-size? The new tacoma platform has a LOT of contribution from the previous gen Tundra. The dimensions are almost identical. They essentially redesigned the Tundy and just turned the old Tundy into the new Taco by bending the sheetmetal a little differently.

5. Feb 22, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    MachoTaco10

MachoTaco10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    had on 05' before this, 162K miles 4 banger, decided to upgrade and did for good reason

6. Feb 22, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    JTDTacoma

JTDTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 Double Cab TRD Sport
    I put in a black metra kit for my double din stereo and it toned down the silver dash. Looks much better I think. Wet okoles will cover the seats up. LED interior lighting is cheap and efective. Yeah the dash buttons could use more lights.

7. Feb 22, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    Have to remember they are trying to please the majority of people when designing.

Everyone would love to have a veh to their exact liking. But if that was the case we would have no fun doing our own modifications.

In the end, im still sticking with the Tacoma

To Top