1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thoughts on the 2nd Generation Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Cincinnati Dan, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 16, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Did you test drive this truck before you bought it or are you simply retarded ?

2. May 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    Watari06V6

Watari06V6 Faster than a speeding ticket

Member:
    Wounded Knee
    Vehicle:
    TRD-V6-SR5-06

:rofl:

3. May 16, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Nice!

4. May 16, 2012 at 4:41 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    I think the 2nd gen is the perfect size, not too big, not too small. I am a tall guy and the 2nd gen was designed to host NBA basketball players, the amount of leg room in these trucks is incredible. I love 1st gens, but could not imagine taking one on a long road trip thats for sure!

5. May 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    No one told me when I bought this truck that I would have to lower and raise the tailgate myself. WTF Toyota. I was also told these trucks hold their value, so why won't anyone buy my used truck, for brand new off the showroom floor prices? Such Bullshit!

6. May 16, 2012 at 8:27 PM
    NoDrAmA357HK

NoDrAmA357HK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica DBL CAB 4x4 TRD Sport
    3" Pro Comp w/ AAL, 17x9 -6 Offset 4.75 Backspace Pro Comp 7033, LT285/70/17, Xtreme M/T Pro Comp - 67285
    Too Big...? Fits good in my garage....better than a TUNDRA would have...

Antenna? I like when it pings against the top of the garage door

Locking gas cap? or cover? hmmmmm definitely would of been nice, but just more mechanical things that could break.

Hard Tonneau Cover? I got the zip rail instead....but yup regardless easy on easy off for either or...but why buy a hard tonneau cover if you plan on hauling larger items???

Radio? It plays CD's, MP3's, and has Satellite and AM/FM to include an ipod interface.... does what it needs

4x4 and Snow? Wish I got snow here....easier to clean than MUD :-D

7. May 16, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    HAHAHAHA oh my fuck that is funny shit!

"OH, and don't even think about taking the headlights out, cuz guess what?? It's fucking dark as hell when you try to drive at night!!"

8. May 16, 2012 at 8:44 PM
    monkeyface

monkeyface Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '90,'97,'12,'05 Tundra 4.7,'07 T4R 4.7,'08 T4R 4.7
    Weeeeellllllll, Gen II is a little bigger dimensions than I'd prefer. Sometimes you really do need the smaller-dimensioned 4WD to get through some tight spots. But, I don't make all the decisions exclusively in this family and the Gen I Reg Cab had to get upgraded. I did tell the wife we wouldn't be able to fit the Leer Hirise into the garage on this truck, so now we have to get the midrise version. Ah well, the march of progress sometimes chaps my hide. You get into a nice comfortable rut, and then you get jolted out of it.

9. May 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    monkeyface

monkeyface Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '90,'97,'12,'05 Tundra 4.7,'07 T4R 4.7,'08 T4R 4.7
    He thought "tonneau" meant he could carry a circus in the bed.

10. May 16, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    On the off chance that this wasn't a troll, all you mean mean people have scared off the OP. Now he'll never post back to reveal the true depth of his derp.

11. May 16, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    F75gunslinger

F75gunslinger Ka like a wheel

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Rochester,NY
    Vehicle:
    SWB '10 Doublecab TRD Sport 4x4
    Cluster and Radio LED swap,Westin bull bar,2nd set of bed tie downs,URD SS,K&N filter,weathertechs
    I think pretty much every maker went to a midsize format after Dodge had success with the Dakota. The Canyon/Colorado is a bigger truck than the S-10,obviously the Tacoma did.The Ranger got a bit bigger the last major overhaul ( although I still don't see it as a midsize ).

I had an in the windshield antenna in my last car and it worked fine. It smoothed the lines of the car well and never gave me any issues.

A locking gas door..hmmmm. I don't know about all you guys,but in my neck of the woods the salt/calcium chloride they use on the roads in the winter is murder on little metal stuff like that. The door locks seem to do ok,but for some reason they never make the latches and other lock components with the same quality materials.

Go buy a car man,and might I suggest before you do you do some research into the features.

He'll go buy a Subaru next and complain because he doesn't want to hurt the all wheel drive system in it when the sun is out,so he drives his Camry.

12. May 16, 2012 at 9:47 PM
    1TUFFTRD

1TUFFTRD WTF

Member:
    out and about building powerlines
    Vehicle:
    06 AC with a skewp
    06 With a Skewp.
    I hate parking my truck just to walk into the store! Every time I do I look back at least 3 times cuz it looks so badass. Now I just ride my scooter.

13. May 17, 2012 at 8:06 AM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    He's not going to post back anyway. He SOLD his truck already! He hit up all the forums with his exact same sob story (word for word). Major case of buyer's remorse. I hope he seeks counseling before buying his next vehicle.

14. May 17, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    Coolerman

Coolerman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 SR5 AC / 2007 4x4 FJC / 2021 Tesla Y
    Pro/2015 Coil-overs n shocks, Icon progressive AAL, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags and cradles, ECGS clamshell bushing, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau cover, 2014 Navigation radio and backup camera, Wet Okole seat covers, rcbs204 lighted 4x4 switch, Weathertech digifit floor mats and in channel window vents, Scanguage II, Hayden 678 Trans cooler, Western Suburbanite plow, Pop and Lock PL8521
    OMG!! No way! I had no idea about the tailgate operation! Im gonna have to go check my truck now to see if mine works the same way! I hope I never have to use the tailgate, what a pain in the ass. Do you think there will be a TSB for this? Will it be covered under warranty?

:rofl:

15. May 18, 2012 at 2:46 AM
    Cincinnati Dan

Cincinnati Dan [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Cincinnati
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 Access Cab 4x4 V6
    I wasn't going to respond to this, but I guess I am going to have to defend myself. I guess you guys can't handle anyone writing negative comments about your precious Tacoma trucks. Did I violate some forum rule here by trying to provide some information that might be helpful to people considering a Tacoma? Everything I said is true. And, I did post this on two Tacoma user forums, because I thought they might have different audiences, and I wanted to be helpful. Although I was being critical of Toyota, I did provide some helpful information about hard tonneau covers and the hazards of engaging 4WD on dry pavement.

I guess the other forum does have a policy that prevents anyone from saying anything negative about the Tacoma, because, not only was my post removed, but the administrator prepared a special message for me, calling me a troll, and informing me I am banned permanently from the site. And this was just for posting some negative comments about the Tacoma. And there are 3 and a half pages of insults and stupid comments on this site resulting from my post. These comments do not help anybody. Tell me - who is wasting space on this forum, and wasting everyone's time?

16. May 18, 2012 at 2:52 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes

I'm just seriously confused..
    your helpful information about tonneau covers...is that they are hard covers that are hard and cover?

and how is "Instead of 4x4 I used my camry" helpful information?
    "Good thing I didn't use 4x4 on this kind of frozen road, cause this guy on TW used his Camry."

the tone of the post and the seemingly useless comments were what had you branded as a troll :wave:

17. May 18, 2012 at 3:08 AM
    DrewH

DrewH Well-Known Member

Member:
    GO EAD.

18. May 18, 2012 at 3:14 AM
    F75gunslinger

F75gunslinger Ka like a wheel

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Rochester,NY
    Vehicle:
    SWB '10 Doublecab TRD Sport 4x4
    Cluster and Radio LED swap,Westin bull bar,2nd set of bed tie downs,URD SS,K&N filter,weathertechs
    You don't seem to understand. It isn't that you posted a negative comment about " our precious Tacomas ". It's that you posted up complaints about things that are obvious to anyone with any kind of intellect.No locking gas cap.Too big.Obvious things to anyone who looked at the truck.THe hard tonneau issue.Again,obvious.If you put a large hard cover on the bed it has to have a place to sit.The radio is an issue that alot of people have voiced opinions about.About engaging the 4wd on dry pavement. Do you know how or why the 4wd shouldn't be engaged on dry roads ? That issue wasn't any different with the system in your 1st gen Tacoma.

You got banned from the other site because they saw your post as someone being a troll. You posted things that anyone that put thought into the purchase of a truck would look at before they purchased it. It's called buyer's remorse. Plain and simple. now you're all butt hurt about it. I doubt you'll be anything but banned from here before long for the same thing.

19. May 18, 2012 at 3:25 AM
    06ryan27

06ryan27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Aiken, SC
    Vehicle:
    12 DBL 4x4 SPORT
    3" RBP lift, anytime fogs
    Have'nt seen that one, think I just sh*t,pissed,nutted,jizzed, and precummed in my pants all in the same time. Wow, this guy is a tard
    :goingcrazy:

20. May 18, 2012 at 7:29 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit

You are- You made complaints about things you should have realized BEFORE you bought the truck. Did you expect us to feel bad for you or all of the sudden think our trucks are shit because you couldn't be bothered to do some research before you bought the truck??

Not on your life.

Good night folks- Tip your servers!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top