1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thread for the Dumped

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by c0b2a, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Oct 5, 2008 at 12:16 PM
    c0b2a

c0b2a [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yesterday my gf and I broke up.. after 14 months. We had been arguing about stuff for the last month and its been shitty, finally she told me she doesn't feel the same about me anymore. She wasn't even the same girl I fell in love with, it really was like she changed over night. I was planning on marrying this girl after some Military training I have coming up was over. We had talked about it for a long time.
    How does a person go from telling someone you love them and want to spend your life with them 1 day, to I do not want a relationship right now. I want to be single. I have to look out for me.

Seriously fucking bullshit. I put everything I was into that relationship. My time, my money, my love.

sorry to go all emo on you all, just need a place to vent.

2. Oct 5, 2008 at 12:22 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    I'm sure we've all been through it at one time or another. I was recently "dumped" by a woman who accused me of spying on her though her computer!

I went with Janster's advice...better off we find out now than after getting too serious.

And I got me a new girlfriend. That helped a lot. Not that I want to hurt the last one but I do get a grin out of knowing she's now a tad jealous.

3. Oct 5, 2008 at 12:25 PM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    06 silver double cab 4x4
    seconday air filter removal, tw sticker afe pro dry s filter , black rims , cb radio with four foot firestik antenna,black nasta nerf bars,5100's in the rear,mp3 player hookup,led overhead light,5100's up front @ 1.75, rear AAL,custom dent package,blacked out rear bumper, blacking out front grille,camo gt seat covers , 6k HIDs, 6k fogs coming, devil horns grille mod,elite offroad aluminum bumper,Canadoshi grille mod.light bar behind the grille with bright lights coming sooner or later
    best way to get over one woman is to get on top of another:D sorry to hear that, it gets better with time. hang in there

4. Oct 5, 2008 at 12:30 PM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    I know the feeling... when i first got out of the navy i met this girl and we were together for 36 months, we had everything in common, never spent a day without seeing each other

We had talked about getting married and all that bs.. Well one day i said fvck it and asked her to marry me, and she said no , and the next day she broke off the relationship and said she didnt love me anymore..

Funny part of it all is now ive been married now for 21 years and been with her for 24 ( different lady ).. And i see the x here and there and the first thing she always says is ... What if :D

5. Oct 5, 2008 at 1:16 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    were all here for ya man.......and i guarantee we all have been thru the same situation as you are experiencing now!! it sure as hell aint fun, but if you look into it a bit, its one of life's good roadblocks for you to overcome!! try not to be too down man......it doesnt help at all,and im speaking from experience. you will meet someone else, and you will totally be happy that you and the other girl didnt end up together. like i said...were all here for ya man!

6. Oct 5, 2008 at 1:28 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Dude, you're only 22 y.o., and still a "baby". No need to start thinking about marriage and all that, you've have plenty of time for that. There are plenty of other fish in the ocean as they say, one day she'll smack you upside the head and you'll know you've found the right one.

7. Oct 5, 2008 at 2:08 PM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD 4x4 DC
    OME Lift W/886 Coils LR UCA's Daker Leaf Packs 265/75/16 Duratracs N-Fab Steps UWS low pro box Carhartt Seat Covers/Door Inserts/Console Cover Relentless Fab Rear Bumper/Tailgate Skin Bed Mat DB Fab Grille Insert with Baja Designs Cube LED's Bulletproof Fab Engine Tray/Lower Grille Insert .50 Cal Antenna/Valve Stem Covers Custom Fab Console Lock Box Custom Shift Knob Dash Mat Window Tint Rugged Ridge Floor Mats Blacked Out Emblems Color Matched Grill Surround OEM Front Aluminum Skid Plate G-Tek Door Sill Protectors Wheelskins Steering Wheel Cover EGR In Channel Vent Visors FJ emblem on the tailgate Fab Fours front bumper Northstar battery TRD battery tie down
    Man sorry to hear about that but in the long run you are way better off. I know I have broken up with girls in the past and I thought life was never going to be the same but now that I have my wife I could never imagine myself with anyone else. Time heals everything well except for herpes so be careful! JK

8. Oct 5, 2008 at 4:28 PM
    swatjoe592

swatjoe592 Beware the Puma...

Member:
    Southeast Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma PreRunner
    20" gangsta wheels, baby seat
    I know there are a few women on the board, and I would like to make the disclaimer that the following is a controversial, ancient healing technique I picked up in college. I have since grown, gotten married, been re-educated, and I would never partake in this type of demeaning behavior towards women. ;)

I'm no relationship doctor, but sounds like you need to go rustle up some dirty leg. Nothing long-term, just some filthy skank to violate. I can't speak for everyone, but it's been my experience that nothing raises a man's spirits quite like a woman's face in his lap.

First things first though....stand up brother! Delete your first post immediately! Replace it with how glad you are to be free and on the market. Rant on and on about how you were on the verge of dumping this chick because she was a flaming psychopathic bipolar bitch, she just did you a favor. Just for effect, throw in a few comments about her being lousy in bed. If she manages to catch wind that you're all busted up inside, that will only make her more satisfied by knowing that she is prolonging your misery. Bitches thrive on that kind of shit. This CANNOT happen!

Last thing...Do NOT, under ANY circumstances allow this woman back (unless of course it is for one more roll in the sheets at which time it is acceptable, only to kick her ass out when YOU'RE done) I have a short list of rules to live by and #4 is don't get dumped by the same chick twice in one lifetime.

9. Oct 5, 2008 at 4:30 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD 4x4
    :laugh::bananadance::thumbsup::proposetoast:

10. Oct 5, 2008 at 4:42 PM
    c0b2a

c0b2a [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Haha, that gave me a good laugh, yeah there will be no getting back together for us, hell no. I honestly do realize now that she was really not the one for me.. not to sound egotistical, but looking back on everything she isn't good enough for me.. Yeah she was really hot and had a great sense of humor... but talk about a lack of IQ on the important stuff, and lack of drive, not to mention she was absolutely terrible at following through with shit. Anyway thanks for all the support, the words of wisdom from you all have helped.

11. Oct 5, 2008 at 4:52 PM
    swatjoe592

swatjoe592 Beware the Puma...

Member:
    Southeast Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma PreRunner
    20" gangsta wheels, baby seat
    thats the shit i'm talking about right there man!! +1!!

12. Oct 5, 2008 at 4:56 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    there ya got it! :D

13. Oct 5, 2008 at 5:36 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back twin exhaust,elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella550's, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Gees Joe youre too frikkin NICE :puke: quit with the sappy love stuff ok?:D

LOL take Joe's advice-may I add-if you have the stuff for it, his is a good way to HEAL this shit quicker.

14. Oct 5, 2008 at 6:38 PM
    MsTRD

MsTRD hell yes i love my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Samantha
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 White Prerunner TRD Sport
    before i moved to sacramento my relationship with my boyfriend was awesome but now that we live an hour and a half from each other things have been getting worse, since its not working out that great long distance should i just give up?

15. Oct 5, 2008 at 6:49 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    I wouldn't give it up just because of the hour and a half drive, go early on a Saturday morning, leave late on a Sunday night you've still got the entire weekend.

Now if you can't (or won't) trust him because he's far away enough to do things you wouldn't know about (not saying he would here) that's a different story.

16. Oct 5, 2008 at 6:55 PM
    MsTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Samantha
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Vehicle:
    trust isn't our issue at all. and i can't always go home on the weekends and he can't always come up here so when we are apart for awhile it seems like all we do is fight. and the fact that he absolutely hates talking on the phone doesn't help either. everybody told me that long distance relationships dont work..even when its just a little over an hour away..so i'm determined to prove them wrong but i don't know if i should keep trying or not

17. Oct 5, 2008 at 7:03 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    There's gotta be something besides just the distance that's causing all the fighting. Maybe talk to him and ask him for a honest answer.

When I've found myself in this situation, several times we both knew what the real problems was, but neither of us wanted to say it out loud. Just got worse and worse.

18. Oct 5, 2008 at 7:08 PM
    MsTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Samantha
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Vehicle:
    i've asked him many times to tell me the truth about how he feels but he always tells me that he still loves me and wants to be with me and blah blah blah...the thing that is so frustrating is when we are together, we are both really happy and we don't fight at all but as soon as we are apart for a couple days we just get pissed at each other over everything!

19. Oct 5, 2008 at 8:10 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    I've only had one long distance relationship before just for that fact. It was too hard having her an hour away with gas prices the way they were, the crappy pay from the job I had at the time, and someone just a couple miles away trying to get me in bed.

Hell, even now my wife went to Florida for the weekend to visit some friends and I was pissed most of the weekend. (Mainly because we don't have money to spare, and she could've waited a couple weeks for my new job to give us the extra cash for it....) Talking to her on the phone helped calm me down a bit this afternoon, but it just showed how much it affected me not having her around.

If you and your bf do everything together, think alike, have the same sense of humor, etc, it could just be that part of you is missing. My wife and I are like that. She's the only one that really understands me, my sense of humor, and twisted thoughts. So when she's not around, what do I do? No one else really understands me. If that's the same thing with you, that could account for the anger. And if he won't talk on the phone, then that doesn't help.

20. Oct 5, 2008 at 8:21 PM
    MsTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Samantha
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Vehicle:
    yeah i think the problem is that back home we were together all the time and did everything together unless i was at school or he was at work. i think its been hard for the both of us to not see each other every day..its even been hard for me to go to bed alone. when it comes down to it, i do feel like a part of me is missing, and right now i couldn't imagine not having him in my life. i know i'm only 17 and i have a lot of growing up to do but i don't care.

To Top