1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Throwout bearing squeek

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by w4lter, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Apr 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    w4lter

w4lter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Omaha
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Westin bullguard, Steelcraft 3" Nerfbars, Bilstein 5100s all around -front set at 2.5", toytec 2" AAL, Wickedflow muffler, 265/70/17 Destination ATs.
    So my throwing bearing is squeeking like a madman (goes away when I push in the clutch). Is this something that needs to be fixed emergently or is it nothing more than an annoying noise? Also, why does letting the clutch out cause the noise? What is the throwing bearing contacting that's moving?

2. Apr 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    see that button up there that says search? its not just for looks.

3. Apr 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    The bearing is vibrating against the fingers on the clutch cover. Press in the clutch, that puts pressure against it and stops the vibration. Let it go long enough and you will need the clutch cover as well as the updated bearing, fork, and release cylinder. In theory, let it go long enough and it can cause a catastrophic failure. So far, noone on this board has reported that happening to them. I drove mine for 5K miles before getting it dealt with. The entire clutch was replaced. I never saw the parts, so not sure about wear to the cover on mine.

Products Discussed in

To Top