1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ticked off

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SuperWhiteDC09, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Jun 4, 2009 at 6:38 AM
    SuperWhiteDC09

SuperWhiteDC09 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Columbia SC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Double Cab SuperWhite SR5
    Extang Tonno III, Toyota Tow Package, Reese receiver lock, and hopefully lots more soon.
    :mad::mad:
    Okay so I have had my truck for three weeks now and I was washing it yesterday and found that I have a scratch on my hood that goes down to the metal GRRRRRRR. I have no idea where it came from it is only about half an inch long and a 1/8 in wide so not big but really stands out on the superwhite color.

My question is does toyogaurd cover this?? I doubt it but has anyone ever used their toyoguard coverage?

Should I use touch up paint? You get it from the dealer right? Do they have a clear coat to go over the touch up paint? I want to make sure it does not look like it was touched up what is the best way to do this? HELP please and thanks in advacne.

2. Jun 4, 2009 at 6:42 AM
    simonreale

simonreale Well-Known Member

Member:
    Only way you can get this to look like it isnt there is by getting the whole hood resprayed, and even then, the colours probably wont match 100%.

3. Jun 4, 2009 at 6:48 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Touch up paint will fix it from rusting-Janster used a product called Lanka with pretty good results. But you ill have a hard time getting it back to perfect with anything short of a new hood paint job...and like simon said- It may not even match then.

4. Jun 4, 2009 at 6:54 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah I bought an actual "toyota" super white touch-up pen on ebay and it worked pretty good. It did not match the color perfectly but got the job done. It also has a clear coat on the other side of the pen so its a dual purpose pen.;)

5. Jun 4, 2009 at 9:09 AM
    dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i had my black sand pearl truck for 3 days when a big ass rock flew up and hit the drivers door taking 3 gouges out of the paint to the metal.. i just used touch up paint..its not perfect but o well...

6. Jun 4, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    well, based on some opinions on TW, it's the dealers fault your truck is not 100% satisfactory to you. So you should take it to the dealer and demand they fix it. It should not scratch that easy.:rolleyes: j/k

dang this sucks you got a big ol scratch on the hood.:( I'd have it resprayed by a reputable body shop. Or, since you are repainting it, take this opportunity for some custom paint or hood mods. Embrace it.:D

7. Jun 4, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    Sold my truck Jan '13... Still hang around.
    1/2" by 1/8" sounds less like a scratch and more like a short gash. Try the pen that Firefighter mentioned (where'd you get it, btw?).

I'd like to see some pics, if you have them.

8. Jun 4, 2009 at 11:11 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    It was probably a cat, I have like 5 on my hood from that damn cat that hangs around outside....

9. Jun 4, 2009 at 11:34 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Airaid Short Ram Intake, 285x75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZs, 16" Konig Countersteer rims, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I just bought a touch up pen from the dealership. 13 bucks all told. Haven't used it yet, but generally unless your truck is brand spanking new, the colours will never match cause the sun blanches and lightens your paint.

10. Jun 4, 2009 at 4:10 PM
    zero niner

zero niner romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    Ya killing me Blue, but that was hilarious!!! :D

Rob

11. Jun 5, 2009 at 7:43 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    I got one of these too from my Speedway Blue DC. Not a perfect match, but for small nicks and scratches it's close enough. Worth the $20.

To Top