1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tie Downs for BakFlip Rail

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by smoothwhitetaco, May 13, 2021.

1. May 13, 2021 at 4:24 PM
    smoothwhitetaco

smoothwhitetaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB SR5 4X4
    2012 DCSB SR5 4X4
    I was watching the install video for the trifold BakFlip G2 on my gen2 DCSB and the installer mentioned there were some tiedowns you could purchase separately since the tonneau rail covers up the stock bed rails rendering them useless. So I searched for the part number and called Bak... they stopped carrying it.

So to hopefully save you guys some time, I found an alternative. Steel climbing hangers/anchors for lead climbing.

I personally bought these and installed them between the outer washer and the bakflip rail and they work great. Plus they're rated for 5000+ lbs.

[​IMG]

https://www.dangerbuddies.com/product-page/buddyboard-replacement-hardware-pack

You can find cheaper options. In fact, I reached out directly to the store and purchased 6 of these below retail. For a piece of bent steel with a couple of holes, it's a bit pricey but mighty useful.

Products Discussed in

To Top