1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Time for New Shoes but Need you help!!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Raddbus, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Mar 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    Raddbus

Raddbus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Santa Maria
    Vehicle:
    TRUE BLU TACO
    Illuminated 4X4 switch, 3" lift,
    Ok, I worked OT all weekend and I want new shoes on Her. I need your help to make sure they fit. Got a great quote from an on-line and a little scared if there is any fitment problems, I may be screwed, so Please help me out before I make a mistake.
    I'm looking at getting the Helo Maxx 6 Glossy Black 16X8, 0 offset, 4.5 backspace. I got a great quote for Falken Wild Peak A/T 285/75/R16 for $679. I have a 3" lift and need to know if these tires/rims will fit, or what size will. I would like to get as big as I can. How much trimming if any, will it clear the UCA & Caliper, might I need spacers, and any other questions I forgot that your input can help.
    I have a 2008 DCSB TRD Sport.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mar 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Lift has nothing to do with tires fitting. This is a common misconception. Unless you extend your bump stops the tire still has the same amount of up travel as a stock truck it just takes more force to stuff it up there.

3. Mar 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM
    Valley Viking

Valley Viking Well-Known Member

Member:
    Menlo, WA
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 DC LB SR5
    OME 885 Coils, OME Dakar Rear Leafs, OME NitroCharger Shocks, LR UCA's, AFE ProDry Air Filter, Scanguage, Wet Okole Seat Covers
    One word of caution on the 16" helos, they only come as an 8 spoke rim not the 6 spoke like you have pictured. I ordered a set of 16x8 in chrome from amazon about 6 months ago and even though the picture showed a 6 spoke AND the description said 6 spoke I received 8 spoke. I didn't like the look of the 8 spoke and after some runaround amazon agreed to take them back and pay for return shipping. I now have a set of 6 spoke 17x8 4.25 BS on order from Extreme Custom Wheels. They explained that the 16's are only made as 8 spoke for structural reasons. Sizes 17 and above can be had in either 6 or 8 spoke, your choice. Check them out, prices are good and they were quick to answer questions.

4. Mar 19, 2012 at 11:49 PM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    ny opinion.......... choose diff rims.... just not those with that color...

5. Mar 20, 2012 at 7:20 AM
    Raddbus

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Santa Maria
    Vehicle:
    TRUE BLU TACO
    That's funny, cuz I spoke to Extreme Custom Wheels yesterday morning, said the same thing but I thought I have seen some guys on TW with 6 spoke 16's. I don't like the look of the 8 spoke either. Can anyone confirm this????

6. Mar 21, 2012 at 7:42 AM
    Rivet Joint

Rivet Joint Well-Known Member

Member:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2010 SWB DC Sport
    5100s @ .85, OME 885s, Rear TSB, Helo Max 6's, General AT2 Tires, Black Badges, Demello Offroad Bumper, Grillcraft, Sub/Amp, Pioneer DVD HU, TRD Intake & Exhaust.
    I have those wheels size 17x9. I'm now running the General Grabber AT2 in 265 70 17. I have the billies at 2.5 and have never run into any clearance issues. I removed the mudflaps since they hang up whenever I go off road or over a bump. They are good wheels and get many compliments. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

7. Mar 21, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    Raddbus

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Santa Maria
    Vehicle:
    TRUE BLU TACO
    So I got off the Phone with Discounttiredirect. They spoke to the manufacture, They have the 16X8 in 6 spoke so i ordered them with 285/75/R16 Falken Wild Peak A/T. Should be here in a week or two. Can't wait to install them.

To Top