1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tint, tires, and alignments...

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by 0uTkAsT, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Jun 27, 2011 at 10:35 PM
    0uTkAsT

0uTkAsT [OP] Gun Toting Gearhead

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Avid custom front & rear bumpers, Avid sliders & skid plates, Avid light bar, six 6.5" 100W off road lights, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s front & rear, Deaver AAL, MB 72B 16x8.5" wheels, 33" Hankook Dynapro AT-Ms, aFe dry filter, intake baffle & charcoal filter deleted, MagnaPack 18" muffler & exhaust bend delete, bedside & tailgate vinyls, carpeted bed, 25% tint, painted grille, mudflap delete, Supertop camper, black headlights & tail lights, breather mod, smoked 3rd brake light, recovery gear, mounted shovel, axe, extinguisher, Hi-Lift in Quickfist clamps / XRAC, sway bar delete, debadged tailgate, custom gun rack, bullet antenna, Kenwood double DIN nav, Scosche dash, JBL door speakers, aluminum pedals & shift knob
    Hey guys, I'd like some recommendations from the local folks if you wouldn't mind?

First, I'd like to know of a good place to get windows tinted for a fair price. Tint is going in a small single-cab truck with no sliding rear window, and I'm only looking to go 30% or so, not very dark, just to keep it cooler in the summer.

I'd also like recommendations for a good shop to install a set of front shocks and do an alignment. Matt told me Firestone does lifetime alignments for $160 which is cool but I've also heard they can do shitty work.

Finally, I need a few 265 Hankook AT-Ms and there's been a lot of talk in here about cheap tire shops and such, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of the best place that stocks Hankooks? I'd appreciate it!

2. Jun 27, 2011 at 10:38 PM
    cmack

cmack Impeach Chris4x4!

Member:
    Question 1: I know a good shop here in Phoenix, but it'd be a bit of a drive for you. I'm friends with the owner's son, and I was suppose to work there actually this summer, but it didn't work out. They specialize in audio, alarms, and tint.

Question 2: Wil at Sierra Expeditions in Tempe does some solid work. I'd hit him up. I'd go down the street to Schumans for an alignment then after

Question 3: Ask Himmie. I think she can swing some kind of deal on tires. You could also hit up 08pretaco. He works at Dezer Rat in Tempe.

3. Jun 28, 2011 at 5:55 AM
    0uTkAsT

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Avid custom front & rear bumpers, Avid sliders & skid plates, Avid light bar, six 6.5" 100W off road lights, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s front & rear, Deaver AAL, MB 72B 16x8.5" wheels, 33" Hankook Dynapro AT-Ms, aFe dry filter, intake baffle & charcoal filter deleted, MagnaPack 18" muffler & exhaust bend delete, bedside & tailgate vinyls, carpeted bed, 25% tint, painted grille, mudflap delete, Supertop camper, black headlights & tail lights, breather mod, smoked 3rd brake light, recovery gear, mounted shovel, axe, extinguisher, Hi-Lift in Quickfist clamps / XRAC, sway bar delete, debadged tailgate, custom gun rack, bullet antenna, Kenwood double DIN nav, Scosche dash, JBL door speakers, aluminum pedals & shift knob
    Awesome, thank you for the suggestions!!

4. Jun 28, 2011 at 6:48 AM
    05RedTaco

05RedTaco Nom Nom Nom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma 4.0L Acces Cab PreRunner
    Shortened antenna, ebay Intake, JBA long tube headers, 2nd set of cats cut out and straight piped, 14" Magnaflow muffler dumped before axle, relocated rear diff breather, Avid off road front bumper. Bilstein 5100's front and rear, OME 885x coils, Light Racing UCA's, 2" Toytec AAL, Hella 700ff lights, Falken Rocky Mountain AT/S 265/75/16 Load E 10ply, Blu Logic handsfree
    +1 on Shumans, they aligned the front end on my truck and did an awesome job!

Save $$ and do the shocks yourself! All you need for that is some hand tools, beer, spring compressor and more beer. I know Steve (OH-MAN) has BADASS spring compressor as well, seen that bad boy in action!

5. Jun 28, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    Moose1988

Moose1988 ____livevil____

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE BOOSTED STORMTROOPER
    Check Build >>>>
    I Have spring compressors as well Josh. We an knock those out this weekend.

Direct Tires here In Tempe off Priest and Elliot has good deals. Tires, rims, alignment. My buddy did his whole set up there. That's where i was going to go with my 06.

Dude.. I go into Desert Rat all the time.. Ive never seen or even knew there was a TW member working there. Lol. Damn.. need to go in there again.

6. Jun 28, 2011 at 7:33 AM
    Moose1988

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE BOOSTED STORMTROOPER
    Check Build >>>>
    .....and dont you have all-terrains right now?

7. Jun 28, 2011 at 7:41 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Almost there

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    AFE pro dry s, Husky X-act Contour
    Ya I work there lol come say hi some time Josh!

For my alignment I go to network which is great! 3 month warranty and they never complain, at least not yet, when I come back every month and tell them I hit a potholes lol

8. Jun 28, 2011 at 7:47 AM
    Moose1988

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE BOOSTED STORMTROOPER
    Check Build >>>>
    Sweet man. I'll be lookin for some icon coil overs, UCA'S, and rear resi's soon. Some black magics. The list is forever long. Lol

Josh you gonna do this stuff this weekend? I'm gonna tackle my Satoshi. If you wanna do a mini mod day let me know. Lol

9. Jun 28, 2011 at 10:34 AM
    xSectionxEightx

xSectionxEightx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 4.0L 6sp Access Cab
    Allpro LT powder coated black with Fox 2.5s. BAMF Sliders w/ kick outs. Allpro Expo leaf pack and Fox 2.0 RR. Brute Force hybrid bumper. BAMF Roofrack. Tepui Kukenam in Siberia Camo. CBI ditch light brackets. Cobra CB. Allpro skidplate.
    I'm pretty sure tire masters stocks hankooks at their warehouse. They have really good prices. If ya wanna give them a shot their # is 623-869-8695

10. Jun 28, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    cmack

cmack Impeach Chris4x4!

Member:
    I had them re-do my entire steering for me a couple years ago as well. Good guys.

And yeah you can hit up Steve as well for a spring compressor. I probably will be soon. I've seen him use it a few times.

11. Jun 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM
    0uTkAsT

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Woo, thanks for all the responses guys. Good to know about the spring compressors. Thanks for the rec's on the shops too. I take the the general consensus is to not fall for the lifetime alignment thing at Firestone?

Oliver, I still need to stop in there and say hey sometime.

Josh, I don't have the I have the shocks yet. I'm putting 5100s under the front to level the truck until I figure out what kind of suspension I ultimately want to go with but I haven't ordered them yet. Let me know when you're doing your grille, we can definitely work something out! As for the tires, I have three 265 Rugged Fails, a 245 spare, and one Hankook Dynapro ATM. The Hankook has been awesome, but the Rugged Fails fail ruggedly and they're pretty worn out. The undersized spare sucks too so I'd like to use the best BFG to replace it.

12. Jun 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM
    Moose1988

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE BOOSTED STORMTROOPER
    Check Build >>>>
    got ya.. alright man. Well im not sure what day I'll be doin the grill. depends on if I'll be up North or not. Ill keep you posted though for sure man. Hopefully you get the shocks and tires figured out man.

13. Jun 28, 2011 at 8:34 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    For alignments I go to Schumans

For Tires I go to Discount Tire, I got my Hankooks ATMs there for $580 OTD with warranty in a 265/75/16

I need to get my tint done too so :popcorn:

14. Jun 28, 2011 at 8:45 PM
    0uTkAsT

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Sounds good. Tires aren't real urgent, but I'd like to get the 5100s to put on soon. I'll probably order them this week, and since you have a spring compressor and Matt will be in town maybe we can set aside a Saturday or something for a mini mod day?

Wow, everyone loves Schumans. I've never heard of the place but I think I'm sold. I got the Hankook I have at Discount, and I like Discount because they're all over which is good for warranties and such.

Still open for more tint shops. :)

15. Jun 28, 2011 at 9:32 PM
    Moose1988

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE BOOSTED STORMTROOPER
    Check Build >>>>
    yeah man.. we can get a mod day goin. we can get Matt's lazy ass to wire up his Halo's. maybe ill have some black magics to wire up as well.

Discount tire is always good for tires. My Uncle is a higher up at Discount. I got my BFG AT's for some low price.. i cant remember it was years ago.

16. Jun 28, 2011 at 9:47 PM
    0uTkAsT

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Hook up? :D

17. Jun 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    i can help with the shocks also!

18. Jun 28, 2011 at 10:38 PM
    0uTkAsT

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Sweet. Mini mod day sounds fun!

19. Jun 29, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    Moose1988

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE BOOSTED STORMTROOPER
    Check Build >>>>
    Yeah man.. ill see. I told him a few weeks ago i was looking for some Toyo Open Country's.. so maybe I can put in an order for three hankooks too.

We could try for the 9th or 10th for the mod day..

20. Jun 29, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    Damn I would be down to help but I leave for New York City the 9th-15th. I will probably miss the Underdog mini-meet too :(

To Top