1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tips and Tricks on the 3rd Gen Tacoma

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by AAChaoshand, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Feb 7, 2017 at 5:56 PM
    gpb

gpb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2017 White DCSB TRDOR 4x4
    Oh geez, grow up.

I hit my 15th year working in IT about 17 years ago.

You don't need to try so hard to be right / prove others wrong. It's okay for people to have and post differing opinions. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong.

Nobody cares.

2. Feb 7, 2017 at 6:06 PM
    drwx

drwx Well-Known Member

Member:
    M'boro, TN
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD Offroad 4x4 BBP

I posted a plausible troubleshooting step and without garnering any info, you have claimed it to be 100% wrong... So either you are a prophet and already know where dude's phone is, or you are guessing, neither of which really help the guy figure out what his phone is dropping out.

I know from experience that phone placement can cause a phone to disconnect from Bluetooth. This is not a guess. This may not be his issue, but it is a possibility.

Also, I'm sure the dude trying to get his Bluetooth working cares.

3. Feb 7, 2017 at 6:19 PM
    Cuffs

Cuffs Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Canyon NP. Formerly of Zion & Yosemite NPs
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno TRD OR 4x4 DCSB/2021 4R MGM Nightshade
    My bad. I misquoted. I didn't think you were being an ass, as stated by the other guy. Ah fuck. I'm going back to my beer.

4. Feb 7, 2017 at 10:23 PM
    wudbuchr

wudbuchr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Linnie
    Lexington, TN
    Vehicle:
    2016 (7128A) BBP 4x2 - TRD Sport Access Cab
    * Clear Bra (full front) * BBP (8T0) Side Body Molding * Tinted Windows with AWS window shades * Romik Running Boards * Color matched Undercover Lux bed cap and BedRug bed liner * MobTown Locking bed storage doors, Tailgate skin and cap * Chrome Tailgate Script lettering * G-Tec Fab Door Sill Protectors and OEM Mud Guards * Fumoto Valve * ScanGauge-II * LED Interior, Stop, tail, Bed, OPT7 LED H11 low beam and fog lights * WeatherTech floor mats * Clazzio seat Covers * Removed jump-seats & rear seat-belts * Sound deadened back wall, rear posts, rear doors and front doors with a layer of RAAMmat, a layer of Ensolite, and a layer of EzCool * Insulated the roof with two layers of EzCool * GT series Image Dynamics speakers (6x9 fronts, 6.5 rears) * Audio Control DQ-61 DSP, 5-channel amplifier and sub woofer. * Redline Tuning Quick Lift Elite hood struts * Thinkware F770 (Dual) Dashcam with Cellink Battery B * Lexus SmartKey Transmitter and Emergency Key
    CAUTION Please be aware - that if your Taco is equipped with a Smart Key System, you cannot
    lock the rider's door if the battery is dead or has been removed. Having said that, and your battery
    dies while you are away from home or a Toyota dealership, you are unable to secure the vehicle.
    The rider's door is not lockable/unlockable without 12Volts. This I believe is a Safety/Security issue
    that Toyota Corporate needs to resolve. They saved few dollars by not adding a lock mechanism to
    the riders door, but in doing so have exposed unknowing buyers to potential loss through theft due to
    a Corporate oversight.

5. Feb 7, 2017 at 11:42 PM
    A Salt Weapon

A Salt Weapon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Southeast Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blue DCSB TRD OR
    Pretty common up here

Vbpiper likes this.
  6. Feb 7, 2017 at 11:45 PM
    A Salt Weapon

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Southeast Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blue DCSB TRD OR
    Are you charging your phone at the same time?

Edit to explain reason for question as to not get into a pissing match like earlier questions got, lol

When I play music through Bluetooth and then plug in my phone it pauses the music. Not sure if this is do to the charging or the connection through built in USB, regardless with how notorious lightning cables are for failing, I could see the possibility that a loose wire in the cord could be causing the phone to go from charge/not charge and thus pausing the music each time, just a thought. Or if the USB adapter is also failing it could be going on/off too.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    gpb likes this.
  7. Feb 8, 2017 at 5:19 AM
    gpb

gpb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    No, you asked where his phone was sitting.

In response to your question of where the phone was sitting, I stated that range was not going to be an issue. After you explained your first comment as relating to microwave absorption, I stated that I thought signal bounce made it highly improbable that it'd be the source of the problem.

Quit making stuff up to get offended over.

You've had it disconnect while in your pocket while inside the truck?

Outdoor conditions don't really map here; signal bounce typically solves the 2.4GHz water absorption problem in indoor environments.

Sample size of one: Out of curiosity I drove in this morning with my phone sitting behind my back with my body completely in the direct path to the head unit. Bluetooth audio didn't miss a beat.

I was referring to nobody caring about someone arguing on the Internet. Context is important in understanding what people write.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    sadmrhappy likes this.
  8. Feb 8, 2017 at 7:44 AM
    cheuer

cheuer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRD OR 4x4 Blazing Blue Pearl
    Leer 100XR, Mobtown Offroad Sliders
    Couldn't you just lock it from the inside by hand, then lock the driver's door when you get out?

jkm25, aceiswar and Marcmtb1 like this.
  9. Feb 8, 2017 at 7:56 AM
    drwx

drwx Well-Known Member

Member:
    M'boro, TN
    Vehicle:

i've had my phone and my previous phone disconnect from BT in 2 different vehicles because of phone placement. I never said i was offended here...merely trying to help someone having an issue and asked a valid question. if you think it's invalid, then fine whatever. don't be so mad when you're wrong, bro.

welcome to ignore.... the first and only member i've ever had to ignore here.

upload_2017-2-8_9-57-51.jpg

10. Feb 8, 2017 at 8:11 AM
    gpb

gpb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    LOL, spoken like someone still butthurt at having someone disagree with them.

I've never understood that declaration. It's almost like the person doing the ignore thinks people actually care, much like a little kid running to his room and slamming the door while shouting "I hate you" at his parents. *shrug* Whatever. Bye Felicia!

So back to our regular programming.

@TVCDCLB -- do you have that issue in all instances of phone placement? Any particular apps running at the same time? What app are you playing the music with? I seem to remember Spotify and Waze not playing well together on my phone and alerts from Waze causing Spotify to pause. I may be misremembering though as that's an uncommon combination in my typical usage.

sadmrhappy likes this.
  11. Feb 8, 2017 at 8:29 AM
    drwx

drwx Well-Known Member

Member:
    M'boro, TN
    Vehicle:

look at this guy... saying i was wrong about phone placement... and then going and using it as a troubleshooting step.

12. Feb 8, 2017 at 8:34 AM
    gpb

gpb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    Well so much for the "I'm going to ignore you!" declaration. :facepalm:

I stated that I believed it was highly improbable to be the cause. Still, the question remained unanswered so it was reasonable to seek closure on the outstanding question.

Tcoma16 and sadmrhappy like this.
  13. Feb 8, 2017 at 9:19 AM
    Cuffs

Cuffs Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Canyon NP. Formerly of Zion & Yosemite NPs
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno TRD OR 4x4 DCSB/2021 4R MGM Nightshade
    Boys. Shut up. Go to your rooms. Come back when you can act like adults. Jeezus. Grow the hell up.

Boghog1, BigSkyTRD, over60 and 6 others like this.
  14. Feb 8, 2017 at 3:02 PM
    Swampcollie

Swampcollie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD sport 4x4 white
    Ok, I screwed up. My truck is less than 2 months old. Decided to try the ect mode and pushed the button and drove for a while. Had enough of that and without looking down pushed the button to turn it off. Ect stayed on and a yellow warning icon came on above the speedometer. Pulled into a parking lot with finger still on button and braking. Pushed button again and it killed the engine.
    OK, looked down and my finger was on the start/stop button rather than the ect button.
    Havnt gone out to test it, but right now i assume that the combo of start/stop button and braking shuts the engine off even when moving and in gear.
    You really dont need to point out how stupid i am.

A Salt Weapon likes this.
  15. Feb 8, 2017 at 3:04 PM
    A Salt Weapon

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Southeast Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blue DCSB TRD OR
    that's funny

melikeymy beer and Cuffs like this.
  16. Feb 8, 2017 at 5:02 PM
    gpb

gpb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    So, about this... I'm curious curious where you'd obtained this "information" from?

The driver's door is most certainly lockable and unlockable on my smartkey equipped 2017 TRD OR while the battery is disconnected.

Tcoma16 likes this.
  17. Feb 8, 2017 at 5:54 PM
    Herniator

Herniator Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    chrome valve stems covers
    He said riders door. Maybe he means the passenger door. You can still lock or unlock the passenger door the old school way. By flipping the door lock on the inside.

18. Feb 8, 2017 at 6:04 PM
    gpb

gpb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    Good point, I thought that was a typo and didn't think about the passenger door. (from motorcycling rider = driver)

Generally if the battery is dead all you're concerned with is getting inside the truck to pop the hood and get it jump started. Passenger side isn't typically a concern?

As you state, I expect the inside lock/unlock mechanism is physically tied to the door lock. Partznet shows a lock rod for the passenger door. https://parts.conicellitoyotaofcons...v6-gas-engine/body-cat/lock-and-hardware-scat

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  19. Feb 8, 2017 at 10:01 PM
    wudbuchr

Member:
    First Name:
    Linnie
    Lexington, TN
    Vehicle:
    * Clear Bra (full front) * BBP (8T0) Side Body Molding * Tinted Windows with AWS window shades * Romik Running Boards * Color matched Undercover Lux bed cap and BedRug bed liner * MobTown Locking bed storage doors, Tailgate skin and cap * Chrome Tailgate Script lettering * G-Tec Fab Door Sill Protectors and OEM Mud Guards * Fumoto Valve * ScanGauge-II * LED Interior, Stop, tail, Bed, OPT7 LED H11 low beam and fog lights * WeatherTech floor mats * Clazzio seat Covers * Removed jump-seats & rear seat-belts * Sound deadened back wall, rear posts, rear doors and front doors with a layer of RAAMmat, a layer of Ensolite, and a layer of EzCool * Insulated the roof with two layers of EzCool * GT series Image Dynamics speakers (6x9 fronts, 6.5 rears) * Audio Control DQ-61 DSP, 5-channel amplifier and sub woofer. * Redline Tuning Quick Lift Elite hood struts * Thinkware F770 (Dual) Dashcam with Cellink Battery B * Lexus SmartKey Transmitter and Emergency Key
    Please re-read my post. I made no mention of the ability/inability to lock the driver's door, but rather
    the rider's door. And, I was wrong, I have learned that there is a manual locking lever located above
    the inside door handle. In the frustration of darkness I neglected to see the manual locking lever.
    Please disregard my earlier referenced post. I apologize for any confusion it may have caused. Live
    and learn.

InfernoTonka, Cuffs and Herniator like this.
  20. Feb 8, 2017 at 10:11 PM
    wudbuchr

Member:
    First Name:
    Linnie
    Lexington, TN
    Vehicle:
    Thank you Herniator, To 'err is human, to forgive is not authorized on TW!

over60, Scotty61, sadmrhappy and 3 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top