1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tips and Tricks on the 3rd Gen Tacoma

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by AAChaoshand, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Feb 23, 2024 at 3:29 PM
    Devlop

Devlop Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Junction, CO
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma Offroad
    My salesman told me about this when I picked up my truck, I'm just glad it's not only through the app. Hopefully the day never comes that Toyota decides to turn the function off and make it subscription based.

rossagge[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Feb 23, 2024 at 8:04 PM
    ppat4

ppat4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kelowna, BC
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Access Cab
    Just added toolbox and roof-rack to haul my fishing boat 100's of miles into the backwoods every week. Goodrich K02s, Bilstein 5100 front and back, no lift.
    Not always easy to hear on a video, but mine closely sounds the same. 2016 TRD OR with 76K miles. Mostly hard off road and pushed. Has sounded like that for the last few years. Runs great, idle is bang on, and lots of get up and go. No tune or any engine mods. From your video it sounds normal. Maybe different sounding in person.

Dfpftw and Canadian Caber like this.
  3. Feb 23, 2024 at 8:36 PM
    ppat4

ppat4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kelowna, BC
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Access Cab
    Just added toolbox and roof-rack to haul my fishing boat 100's of miles into the backwoods every week. Goodrich K02s, Bilstein 5100 front and back, no lift.
    Wow. My 2016 TRD OR with 76k miles on it, and Goodrich KO2 at 265 75 16, has never once got more than 600L from a tank of Chevron 91 octane. So 375 miles with 21 US gallons in a tank (3.8L US gallon) works out to 17.8mpg using US gallons.

Truck is maintained. New plugs, air filter, PCV, MAF and oil changed at every 5K miles. Runs very well, and does have a lot of get up and go the rare time I need it.

I carry a permanent load of 300 pounds from my toolbox and roof rack, and spare tire on top of that weight.

I am a dog slow driver, in fact pretty much every car will pass me all day long on the highway or in the city. I feather the pedal all day long, and I do enjoy watching the stressed out faces of the drivers white knuckle racing by. Puts a smile on my face…

50kmh limit I do 55. 90kmh limit I do 92kmh. On the Coquihalla 110 limit I am doing 110 (75mph). My Tacoma has never been over 125kmh even once, and I drive the Coquihalla hwy about 20 trips per spring to summer.

Retired and I just never feel the need to go fast, or use fast starts. Did 40 years ago, but now I go slow and smell the flowers and enjoy the scenery. :)

We lived in the lower mainland for many years. I drove from Coquitlam center to the Richmond airport and home every day for work for 10 years. Pretty much did 5kmh over the limit all day, and at each red light I’d be beside the guys who floored it on every green. Off they’d go, and then find the tortoise again beside them at each red light. The fast dudes just couldn’t win for trying with so many traffic lights. He who gets to the red light first wins. :)

Robe30, LunaRover and Canadian Caber like this.
  4. Mar 13, 2024 at 10:03 AM
    VM4X4

VM4X4 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Victor
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma 4X4 V6 4 door
    none at this time
    You have some serious patience. Just driving my new Taco in the SanAntonio traffic I can feel my blood pressure going up. Stay with it, I’m definitely going to try to get better at relaxing behind the wheel.

ppat4 likes this.
  5. Mar 13, 2024 at 12:14 PM
    AwesomeLaw68

AwesomeLaw68 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma Off-road edition
    Brand new.

driving a Tacoma is a piece of cake. I can practically do it now with one eye closed however, I wish the seat would go lower in the driver section because I’m so tall and I wish there was more room in the backseat. I wonder if the new 24 Tacoma’s allow a tall passenger to sit in the backseat I’m not sure I haven’t tried one yet, but I will soon when One shows up at the dealership, I might just trade my 22 in and get a 24 who knows or I might just get it wrapped

6. Mar 21, 2024 at 9:00 AM
    KurtActual

KurtActual Well-Known Member

Member:
    I felt like the driver had a better seating position, but the passenger behind the driver was virtually the same amount of space.

Products Discussed in

To Top