1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tips on taking OSHP Entrance Exam

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by CNEDEER, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Aug 13, 2011 at 11:50 PM
    CNEDEER

CNEDEER [OP] If ya ain't first, your last!

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma DC 4x4
    So I am looking to get into the Ohio State Highway Patrol, just curious if there were any members on here currently with OSHP? Will be taking the entrance exam (which includes physical and written) within a couple weeks. I feel confident in my ability to perform the physical, just not sure what to expect regarding the written? Is it common sense, situational, procedures, general knowledge? Just trying to get some pointers on how to prepare. I have been running and lifting for quite some time, so I feel as if physically I am capable of passing (and mentally as well, regarding the written). Just curious as to what to expect. This is a career of a lifetime for me, so I want to make sure I am fully prepared. Thanks fellas !

2. Aug 16, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    our written is mostly grammar. Not to difficult. By the way if anyone is wondering Orlando Police Dept. is hiring. Mostly people with experience but will take new hires.

3. Aug 16, 2011 at 6:19 PM
    CNEDEER

CNEDEER [OP] If ya ain't first, your last!

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma DC 4x4
    Alright thanks. Wasn't sure what to really expect on the written so I was just trying to get ideas from everyone else that has gone through them whether its Ohio or another state. The more info the better!

To Top