1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire alignment off after lift (stock tires)???

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Squaretail, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Feb 9, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    Squaretail

Squaretail [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    08 V6 Black Blurr
    So, I installed my Toytec 3" lift last weekend...Everything went fairly smooth, but I noticed my alignment is off, pulling to the left. I still have my stock rims and tires on, but I did rotate them when I put them back on.

Is this expected after the lift even without new wheels or tires?

2. Feb 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    Cowboyz

Cowboyz Membor

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Southern Utah/Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC LB TRD Sport
    6in Pro Comp stage 2 lift, 2.75in ProComp Coilovers, Rear MX6 adjustable shocks, 35in Nittro Trail Grapplers, 17 in XD Spys, URD intake, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster 40 Series, AMP Power steps, debadged, blacked out tail lights, Blacked out headlights w/ Mini H1 Retros and halos, JVC KW-AVX840 7" Double-Din, Viper 5704 2way alarm/remote start, LEDs in Dome, Maps, and license plate lights, short black antenna, 5% Tint, removed sway bar
    your going to need UCA's. Search around and you will see the same problem with a 3in lift and stock UCAs

3. Feb 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    TurfTaco

TurfTaco Is there a long john silvers on the island?

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
  4. Feb 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM
    Arcticfox

Arcticfox Active Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD off road
    3" Low Range Off Road spacer kit, wheels and tires, Magnaflow muffler, 10% front window tint, 6000K HID headlights
    i've read on tons of lift threads that no matter what, you need to get an alignment after you do a lift....kinda blows spending an extra $50-$100 right after buying all your lift stuff. but thats just what i've seen on here

5. Feb 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    How could you not need an alignment after a lift? If you just think about how your suspension works you know at least the camber will be off. Now just changing rims and tires... I could see how you might question that, but a lift? If you cannot see why that requires an alignment its probably time to learn more about suspensions.

6. Feb 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Quite an experience to live in fear , isn't it ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You changed the entire geometery of the front suspension

You need an alignment and probably aftermarket UCA's

7. Feb 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    Rashnu

Rashnu Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 T4R TEP
    -Airaid Intake -5100's -Weathertech's -Rear camera anytime -xmods mounting plate w/ bluesea fuse block
    With a 3" lift you will need aftermrket uca's. With any lift you will need an alignment

To Top