1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire balance question?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by chopper, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Aug 1, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    chopper

chopper [OP] ky taco

Member:
    First Name:
    chop
    stanton,kentucky
    Vehicle:
    05 taco reg cab 4x4
    dura tracs, debadged, weathertech floormats, removed mudflaps,black paint wheels,k&n air intake.
    I got some tires of of my dads dodge truck he wrecked they were still good tookto his tireman to swapout he woundnt do it says he can't do a Toyota, so went to next place they did it but now there is a shimmy. Has anyone ever had the tire balance issue or are they just ignorant????

2. Aug 1, 2010 at 6:46 AM
    larryde09

larryde09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport, White Double Cab "Yeti"
    Current: DR750S-2CH Dash Cam, USB Fast Charger in stock blank, Hondo Garage phone mount Previous: 2006 Black 2.7L 5-spd SR5 4x4 Access Cab - K&N Cold Air Intake, Modified Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Altezza Tail Lights, Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, PIAA foglights with stock switch, DrawTite Hitch, OBX Shift Knob, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, DIY step bars, DIY Bed Lights, DIY Ground Lights, DIY Tailgate Electrical Box, Aftermarket switches in stock dash blanks, Sony Head Unit, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod
    I'd take it back and have it rebalanced. Was the Dodge damaged in an accident? i.e. were the tires/rims damaged? Maybe the internal wire bands in the tire are broken/damaged and now the tire is untrue (not round). Do all the tires match in size and tread? Just some thoughts.

3. Aug 1, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    chopper

chopper [OP] ky taco

Member:
    First Name:
    chop
    stanton,kentucky
    Vehicle:
    05 taco reg cab 4x4
    dura tracs, debadged, weathertech floormats, removed mudflaps,black paint wheels,k&n air intake.
    The tires are fine I used my rims they are the same size several garages woudnt even mount Toyota runs u ever heard of that????

4. Aug 1, 2010 at 7:06 AM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Toyota rims are hard to balance because of the large lips the weights go on. The weights slide around if not properly put on. Go back, tell them to recalibrate the balancer, and tell them to make sure the weights are clamped on tight.

5. Aug 1, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    chopper

chopper [OP] ky taco

Member:
    First Name:
    chop
    stanton,kentucky
    Vehicle:
    05 taco reg cab 4x4
    Huh.... thanks ill do that:eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top