1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Lesson

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by coolreed, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Aug 4, 2011 at 12:14 PM

coolreed [OP] Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    06 PreRunner TRD Off Road
    20's, Chrome Grill,Handles,Mirrors. Sat Radio, Dynomax Exhaust K&N Air Filter, Bilstein 5100's, Cross Drilled Slotted Rotors
    My Taco is a 2006 TRD Pre-Runner. I have a set of 20 Enkies on it w/ 265/50/20 tires. They are getting a bit worn and I do not like the tread pattern. I want a more aggressive pattern like the BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain.

So I did some research and used this forum to decide what size I could use. After talking with BF Goodrich the smallest they sell in the Rugged Terrain was 275/55/20. Using the Tire Calculator it said my speedo error would be about +2.5 mph at 60 mph. I can live with that.

Went to Sams, they had a sale on the BF Goodrich Rugged Terrian. I said I take a set. After installing them the technician discovered they were rubbing my fender well during a static turn. Opps!

So,..Sam's was kinf enough to re-install my original tires and refund my purchase. But I did get a free balance on my old tires. :D

So be warned if you are running 20" wheels. I will have to settle for a less agressive tread pattern. :cool: Bummer.
To Top