1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Pressure Light.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by MooseTX82, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:15 PM
    MooseTX82

MooseTX82 [OP] Moose

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    Airaid Intake, Magnaflow Exh System, Icon Front Coilovers, TC UCAs, BFG 285s on 17" MotoMetal 951s, ARB Bumper, Hella Running Lights, Alpine CD HU, 6.5 Front JL Audio, 1 10" Kicker powered by Alpine 4 channel Amp
    Recently I was reunited with my truck after my deployment. When I got in the Tire Pressure light was on. I took it to the station and put air in my tires but it did not go away. I have 285 R17 BFG AT i put on it a year or so ago but this is the first I seen the light. Any ideas?

Moose

2. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:17 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Did you push the reset button (below the steering column) with the pressures all equalized??

3. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:18 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    are they the original rims? if not then you must have changed tires not too far from your depoloyment date and had not given it long enough to activate the light. when you got rid of your old rims you got rid of your TPMS sensors inside the rim. at this point unless you have the rims there is a couple of options... do the mod to get rid of the light, or just black tape the light, or if you have the rims have them installed into your rims, or buy a new set which will be quite costly.

4. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:19 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Sometimes you have to drive a couple miles and it will automatically go off...thats how my girls Yaris is :)

5. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:24 PM
    MooseTX82

MooseTX82 [OP] Moose

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    Airaid Intake, Magnaflow Exh System, Icon Front Coilovers, TC UCAs, BFG 285s on 17" MotoMetal 951s, ARB Bumper, Hella Running Lights, Alpine CD HU, 6.5 Front JL Audio, 1 10" Kicker powered by Alpine 4 channel Amp
    I do have the old rims actually. How easy is it to install the sensors?

Nah I just drove 1700 miles from Houston to San Diego with it on the whole way lol...

6. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:27 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    well if you have them then just look around to the nearest tire place preferrably a Discout Tire or something. they are usually the cheapest when it comes to de-rimming tires. or if you park next to the tires over night they will get the signal from your tires and the light will go off for a few days buyt you will always have to re-sync that way

edit: the sensors are in the valve stems. they just switch them over i believe

7. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    so do you have the sensors installed? i took my rims and sensors to discount on mission gorge they will do it no prob.

8. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    MooseTX82

MooseTX82 [OP] Moose

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    You guys give some pretty damn good feedback pretty damn quick. Love it!

9. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:32 PM
    MooseTX82

MooseTX82 [OP] Moose

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    Mission Gorge is right behind my home...

10. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    SocalMan22

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    we live down the way from eachother.

11. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    OF...Didn't realize you swapped rims too. Yeah. Take it to the nearest Auto Hobby Shop and have them help you open the tires up. Don't even need to take the tires off completely-just enuf to slide the sensors in and re-seat the valve stems.

12. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Thats what we do:)

13. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    MooseTX82

MooseTX82 [OP] Moose

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    I will do that. Take it somewhere.

Yeah Socalman. I remember you said you lived over by Zion right? I'm surprised I still havent seen you driving around in the area. Im sure I will notice your truck its looking nice.
    Oh one of your pics on your photos is of my roomates FJ. The Maroon one with the snorkle and the Tennessee Titan's sticker.

Moose

14. Dec 29, 2009 at 6:46 PM
    SocalMan22

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Nice yeah eventually we will bump into eachother.

Products Discussed in

To Top