1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Pressure

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by BreezyTaco, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Apr 6, 2009 at 7:50 PM
    BreezyTaco

BreezyTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Pioneer Indash GPS, JL Audio Speakers, FM Alarm, Euro Tail lights, Blue Dash Lights, Trailor Hitch, Painted Fiberglass A.R.E. Tonneau Cover
    I was at the dealership today, and I have some dunlop tires that are pretty amazing. They had TWO screws in the driver side tire and my wheel kept air in it for at least two weeks. Long story short, when I got my receipt with the work done it said that they filled all tires with 36 psi??? On the side of the door it recommends 29 psi, when I approached the service guy he said that Toyota is wrong and he doesnt know why they put that, but the tires need at least 36 psi...does anyone know of anything like this and could help clear up this question on how much psi to put in stock wheels.

2. Apr 6, 2009 at 7:53 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    toyota puts those numbers in to go by as if your truck is fully loaded. i always run my tires about 33/34 in the front and 31/32 in the rear. especially if there is no weight in the bed......i run a lil less back there. you can run more air in your tires...may get better mileage and ride a bit better...............too less air, you can cause them to run hot and wear funny...and your mileage will decrease a bit.

3. Apr 6, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    yeah my firestone LEs are shit. they are wearing out at only 14,000 miles. whadya think should i contact firestone and give em hell?

4. Apr 6, 2009 at 8:01 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i wouldnt even bother.....those tires are shitty anyway. hey Ian...........i got the set of uniroyal laredo cross countries i just took off my truck.......only 6k miles on them....still look brand spankin new......................i'll sell them to ya for $150...........or so.

5. Apr 6, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    what size are they?

6. Apr 6, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    BreezyTaco

BreezyTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Pioneer Indash GPS, JL Audio Speakers, FM Alarm, Euro Tail lights, Blue Dash Lights, Trailor Hitch, Painted Fiberglass A.R.E. Tonneau Cover
    I have about 25000 on my tires, looking to get some new wheels and as big of a tire as I can without a lift, I lived in the desert for about 3 years, and you can really see where all of the black trim on the truck has taken a beating along with the tires with a little cracking, but besides that they are good.

7. Mar 24, 2011 at 6:29 PM
    siilvitol

siilvitol Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Silvio Arturo
    miami,fl
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Yesterday, me and a friend made the changes of rims, of a tacoma's friend and my tacoma, but we dont change the pressure sensor, driving like 20 miles and the ligth of tire pressure turn on. reading the owners manual, i have to program this sensor whit the ECU, can i do it my self??? or its better if i change the pressure sensor??? please give me comments

Products Discussed in

To Top