1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tire question: pacemark snowtrakker?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by pt law, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Feb 21, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    pt law

pt law [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Springfield, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    04 xtracab 4x4 TRD
    gray wire mod...soon
    Hi

I just purchased my 04 4x4 TRD about two months ago and the previous owner had just put brand new Pacemark Snowtrakker tires (265/70R16) on the truck (they are not studded and have less than 1000 miles on them now). I live in Massachusetts and they have been good in the snow (we had a hell of a winter this year).

My question: Should I take these off and put something else on for the summer? If I do not, I am assuming the thread wear will suffer but I do not really know these tires and also wonder how good they would be in the dirt/mud. If I should swap them, does anyone have a good recommendation for a tire for the summer that would be used for a mix of daily driving, towing a 17 foot boat, and off-roading (nothing too extreme but I do used my old truck, a 2000 4x4 Tacoma, on dirt trails and want to get into off-roading more now that I have this truck).

Thoughts? Recommendations? Thanks!

2. Feb 22, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    pt law

pt law [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Springfield, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    04 xtracab 4x4 TRD
    gray wire mod...soon
    Anyone...no thoughts....

Should I take them off or just drive on them? (I do not have unlimited money to buy another brand new set of tires but will do it if I am going to destroy these snow tires in the summer).

Thanks!

3. Feb 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    SargeSlapnuts

SargeSlapnuts SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    alpharetta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2004 TRD 4x4 converted PreRunner SR5 lifted l
    255/85-16 tires, front push bar w/9000lb winch, driver and passenger windows tinted to match factory rear tint, quick at home spray on bedliner, hid's, lifted with 3"toytec rear lift kit and ome front lift, locked with powertrax, and a cb radio in place of ash tray, fog light mod, diff breather mod, greasable shackles, Home made Baja Rack, "extra" bright reverse lights. also converted to 4x4 safari snorkel
    yeah if you live in michigan buy a spare set of steelies and put some all terrains on them and when next winter rolls around put the snow tire back on

To Top