1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Recommendations.

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by BGXtobe, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Dec 31, 2016 at 2:52 PM
    Koitz

Koitz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD sport 4x4 DCSB 2" lift 285/65/18 and loaded
    2" lift,18"rims, 32" tires,pro shifknob, black emblems etc
    True story !
    Lol

Storman likes this.
  2. Dec 31, 2016 at 5:00 PM
    BGXtobe

BGXtobe [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM TRD Sport 4x4
    Can't argue with that.:amen:

3. Dec 31, 2016 at 5:25 PM
    dpgreen

dpgreen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2016 4x4 Access Cab
    Sorry, yes I was confusing you with the OP.

Joe23[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Jan 2, 2017 at 5:01 PM
    Diablo169

Diablo169 ROKRAPR

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    99’ Bro-Coma’s Revenge 3RZ 345k+
    Stock
    You're not going to find a review that is going to help you buy a tire. I personally hate the Goodyear DuraTracs, but many absolutely love them. Most people worry about wasting a grand on shitty tires, and tend to stick with the big names, or look at what others are running.

I read a review about the ProComp Extreme Mud Terrain, made by Cooper, that said they were the loudest worst riding tires, and had poor life. Bought them anyways, and they were some of the best tires I've run, the Bro-Cummins couldn't wear them out, 45K and still had 3/8" thread, I got bored with them and switch to Toyo's. Toyo MT's have also been excellent.

The KO2's are the factory Raptor Tire, I only see them getting more popular. I've seen KO2's dominate in Moad, Rubicon, Dusy, they are good tires.

For the most part just take care of your shit. Rotate, get a life time Balance and do it regularly, and keep the right pressure (Chalk or Graph).

DavesTaco68 likes this.
  5. Jan 2, 2017 at 5:08 PM
    roth_nj

roth_nj Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB trd off-road bbp
    I went with the toyo open countries... Found a deal for 550 a set for 265/70r17s....

65k mile rating, about $200 cheaper than the ko2s for the set. Plus I was looking at C loads SK the toyos will probably last twice as long

Oh and they still look pretty aggressive, and even though they are an inch bigger than my factory tires, they are 3 lbs lighter

6. Jan 2, 2017 at 8:03 PM
    Homesteader64

Homesteader64 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Alpine White 17 DCSB TRD OR
    I wanted a little more tire as well, as I felt the stock Goodyears lacked tread depth and off road bite. Although I never put the stockers to much of a test, my replacements definitely have more traction in the same hills.

Same as OP, my truck is daily driver, and didn't want too noisy of a tire, wanted to maintain gas mileage. Being from a little further north, snow and ice are more of an issue then mud for me.

I went with Cooper A/TW's, I have had them on for just over a month. I love these tires, excellent winter traction, very close to stock noise, and ride. Maybe look a bit more aggressive, but not too much. Tons of siping, and deep tread. I originally was gonna go Duratracs and maybe they are even better.......but the more reviews I read, two common issues appeared. They get quite a bit louder as they wear, and their ice traction drops significantly as they wear, because the sipes only go part way thru the tread.

Long post right, haha. Out of your choices I'd pick the Falkens. If snow and ice are in the menu, you should seriously consider the Coopers I bought. I stuck with stock size, mostly due to power/gearing worries. If this truck had a little more torque at cruising speeds, I'd have gone 265/75/16. Anyway good luck on your decision, research is part of the fun.

PS after rebate and Cyber Monday, I paid $665cdn out the door. That should be close to $500usd I think.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  7. Jan 3, 2017 at 6:58 PM
    BGXtobe

Member:
    Central Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM TRD Sport 4x4
    Anyone on here have any experience with:
    General grabbers AT2
    Or
    Nitto Grappler G2?

8. Jan 3, 2017 at 7:46 PM
    Goosed

Goosed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRDOR
    None
    I do, both. Grabbers on my FJ and Nittos on my Raptor.

Grabbers were quiet overall, but left something to be desired in snowy weather compared to other tires I have used like the Duratrac or GY MTRK.

The Nittos have me feeling a little less confident. Yesterday we got up into the 50's here in Ohio. It was a little rainy and I took the airport exit, 30 MPH, and while making the turn about I gave it a little gas and lost traction. Plus I think they are much louder than the Duratrac or grabber. If you're looking st just the two, I would save the cash and go grabber. If money isn't an issue still bypass the Nitto.

BGXtobe[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  9. Jan 3, 2017 at 8:22 PM
    BGXtobe

Member:
    Central Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM TRD Sport 4x4
    That's one of my concerns is how the tire will do in the rain, recently we've been getting a lot of rain here and saw a f150 hydroplane Across 2 different lanes, the truck was only going about 20mph at the most. Definetly don't wanna have that problem.

Products Discussed in

To Top