1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Selection - All Terrain or All Season?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by DNahas, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Jun 8, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    DNahas

DNahas [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4 OR
    I currently have a 09 DC Off-Road. I am looking to upgrade the wheels to 17" at the same time also. I don't have a NEED for off road and only do it lightly for fun. I have not had off road problems with the crappy stock BRG Rugged Trail T/A, but after 14k miles the rears are gone.

I think I drive faster on the street than most. So my debate is:

Will my road driving suffer much from going to ""On/Off Road All Terrain" category or should I stay within the "Highway All Season" category that the Rugged trail is in?

Right now I am looking at:

Highway All Season - Michelin LTX M/S 2

If I choose to go On/Off Road All Terrain
    Michelin LTX A/T 2 or BFG All-Terrain T/A KO

I like the BFG A/T because they look the "toughest" and are proven, but the Michelin LTX A/T 2 seemes like a better A/T for mostly street use. Any and all opinions and ideas are welcome.

2. Jun 8, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    mgage10

mgage10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s with Add-A-Leaf 18x9 XD Addicts on 285/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 TRD Skid Plate Gray Husky Liners Venture Shield Clear Bra TRD Sport Pedals Seat Belt Alarm Disabled LED Map Lights (Cool White) LED Dome Light (Cool White) LED License Plate Lights (Cool White) White Engine Cover White Toyota FJ Grill Badge Viper 2 Way Alarm System Debadged Tailgate Fog Light Anytime Mod Window Tint Black Mesh Upper Grillcraft Black Mesh Lower Grillcraft Black Mesh Grillcraft Triangles Raven Speed Antenna AFE Stage 2 Pro-Dry S Intake Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
    Go with the All Terrain. Stay away from BFG if you want a tire that wears well. Mine were bald after 24,000 miles. I would go with the Michelin if you are looking for a tire that wears well.

Products Discussed in

To Top