1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire size and photos and question 2016

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Driver77p, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Jun 11, 2016 at 6:15 PM
    Driver77p

Driver77p [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jim
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    Question and info for you guys playing with tires/wheel/offset/clearance.

First, can you reset the computer to reflect larger tires so trip computer and speed are accurate?

Okay, this is 3" front and 2" rear lift on 16 TRD Sport RWD. 17x9 with 10mm offset puts the nitto terra grapplers g2 in 285/70-17 perfect with no scrub anywhere. The ride is great. Mileage on screen has gone down by 4% but there's a 7% gain due to diameter so I know it sounds a little hard to believe but mileage is UP by about 3% to around 21.6 around town with. Few interstate miles thrown in. Biggest issue after 3" front lift is the upper control arm rubbing. I mounted a 285/70-17 on the stock alloy and it rubbed hard on control arm and it was far to "tucked"... So as much as I feel like I need to scour the planet for the coolest wheels, discount had these and they're spot on and were $125 each. Heck, even gave me $200 for take-offs with almost no miles and in pretty well set. I'll take a few more pics if anyone wants them.

I'll answer questions and check back for answers.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016

Products Discussed in

To Top