1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tire size question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by asmit709, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Feb 8, 2011 at 5:45 AM
    asmit709

asmit709 [OP] Member

Member:
    gotta a quick question about the spidertrax spacers; i'm planning on doing a three inch lift in about a month and was wondering if i were to get the spidertrax wheel spacers if i would need to do any trimming so i can run 285/75/16 size tires with no rub? i like the way the 285's look compared to the 265's but i definately don't want any rubbing and would like to stay away from having to do a lot of trimming on the fender liners and such. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. Feb 8, 2011 at 5:49 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    You wont rub on the frame with the spacers. (or shouldn't with the proper backspacing) However you will most likely rub the crap out of your fenders.

3. Feb 8, 2011 at 5:49 AM
    Nate7747

Nate7747 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Sport
    3" rough country lift, Black emblems, blacked out headlights, custom grill with grillcraft mesh grill and a FJ TOYOTA emblem, 130 watt KC off-road lights behind the grill, aFe CAI, Flowmaster 44 cat back dual exhaust, Pioneer 60wt amp, 10" sub, component speakers, and 7" touchscreen head unit, N-Fab steps coated with Rhino liner, studded 265/65R17 Hakka SUV tires for winter driving, new summer tires and wheels to come. Weather Tech floor mats.
    Im not sure you would have any rub without spacers. Take a look at this calculator before you spend all that money on spacers just to find out you dont need them. It depends on the wheels you are running too, if you stay stock you will probably need the spacers...
    http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

4. Feb 9, 2011 at 12:36 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    You'll need the spacers to clear the UCAs when turning, but you'll need to remove the front mudflaps and trim a little bit of plastic fender liner and possibly the bottom corner of the front fender flares to avoid rub

5. Feb 10, 2011 at 4:37 PM
    asmit709

asmit709 [OP] Member

Member:
    thanks for the input guys. i think that im probably just gonna go ahead and pony up for the spindle lift. it's gonna put me about another month away from lifting the truck, but i think that it'll be worth it.

Products Discussed in

To Top