1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tire vibration?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by r0cky, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Aug 22, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    r0cky

r0cky [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello, all,

Having a problem with vibration on my 02 Prerunner regular cab. I've had the tires(Goodyear) balanced twice and still have a bad vibration between 55 and 70 or so. I guess it could be one or more of the tires but they're probably only about half-worn. Can it be coming from misalignment or tie rod ends? Or is this common on all short bed regular cab Prerunners?

Thanks,
    R0cky

2. Aug 22, 2010 at 6:18 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Almost there

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    AFE pro dry s, Husky X-act Contour
    what kind of tires? m/t or a/t and how many miles

3. Aug 22, 2010 at 8:06 PM
    tacoma guy

tacoma guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's set @ 0 with OME 883x coils up front . Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip. American Outlaw Wheels (Buck shot). 265/70R16 Hankook Dynapro ATM's.
    Find a shop that takes pride in what thay do. Tell them to take there time.Hang in there its definately a tire balance problem.
    There have ben many threads about steering wheel shaking and vibration at around 45MPH to 70 MPH. I myself have had this problem.For some time. I have had my tires balanced many of times with no success. Well I am here to tell you guys that it is a diffinate tire balance issue. I just had my tires rebalanced from another tire shop.This guy took his time would not give up until it was right. It took him about an hour and a half. After driving it around for a day. It is as smoth as glass. No more shaking of the steering wheel. Man that is a great feeling. I am running BFGs AT. 31x10.50R15.[​IMG]

To Top